Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOAT Round 2 Final Results

Go down 
+4
parker lewis
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
Half
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

GOAT Round 2 Final Results Empty
PostSubject: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

Brac 1
3. Kool G Rap
6. Pac
11. Common
34. Nas
15. Kane
27. Quik
19. Ghostface
1. Rakim

Brac 2
2. Dre 3000
59. Mos Def
29. Pharoahe
8. Chuck D
5. Jay-Z
7. Cube
4. Face
10. Eminem

The Em & Red one is still close and open so if Red wins he'll slide in that Em spot. The rest have won or are winning by comfortable margins. Round 3 will start tomorrow night.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 10:50 pm

Those brackets are definitely uneven.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

Only surprises for me are Mos Def and Common
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

fuck this piece of shit tournament
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeSun 19 Sep 2010, 10:59 pm

Quik, Mos Def & Common don't belong - everyone else is legit SyRuP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:04 am

no k-rino Shit Hit The Fan
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 1:00 am

im glad Mos made it this far
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 8:08 am

Hmmm No KRS...No Cool J.....No Biggie....lmao

but I do see Quik and Common, Quik is a producer who happens to "emcee" and with his voice and lyrics there is no fuckin way he should be considered for a GOAT emcee...lmao...get the fuck outta here hip-hop 4 life forum....lol

now production wise?? maybe I could see that but straight up emceeing??? Get The Fuck Out

as for Common...he's dope..as a matter of fact he's very dope, but when I think of no Cool J, no Biggie, and no Kris all of whom are closer to being GOAT emcees than Common could ever be well then I've gotta tell ya once again Get The Fuck Out

K-Rino could forget about it...lol...that dude has been in the game since the 80s and has had virtually ZERO impact, and he's dope too lyrically but his flow will put you straight to sleep and his charisma factor is a ZERO...these are some of the reasons why his career even as an underground artist has never really taken off like say a Immortal Technique or a Tech N9ne...so he shouldn't even be mentioned IN MY OPINION....

at least that list above still contains Nas, G Rap, Kane, 'Face, Cube, Pac, 3 Stacks, Rakim,Chuck D, Jay-Z, Eminem all of whom could have legit claims to being the GOAT emcee.....
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 11:26 am

lol @ K-Rino having no charisma or flow, from KRS' dumbest fan.....they're way more alike than you want to admit, Powell. Except Rino has a more consistant catalog, quality-wise.

They have the same flow and charisma, all day.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:02 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
lol @ K-Rino having no charisma or flow, from KRS' dumbest fan.....they're way more alike than you want to admit, Powell. Except Rino has a more consistant catalog, quality-wise.

They have the same flow and charisma, all day.

LOL @ joseph for being his normal stupid self...

if K-Rino could even get close to matching those BDP efforts...as well as Return Of The Boom Bap and KRS-One then you can open your ugly mouth...but until that time which at this point is never going to occur...SHUT THE FUCK UP! lol

go and finally bury that alive/dead pit bull you call leonard m-kay....leave the hip-hop to the experts.....
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:53 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

That's been my sentiments since Del got bounced.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:55 pm

^ My thoughts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:56 pm

My cocks^
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 12:57 pm

LGTD,M
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 1:02 pm

Grand Moff Myestro wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Don't get all butt hurt my dude. Del is good, but until he alters his birth certificate to indicate he was born in NYC, he deserves to be sitting on the sidelines. That is a FACT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 1:04 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Don't get all butt hurt my dude. Del is good, but until he alters his birth certificate to indicate he was born in NYC, he deserves to be sitting on the sidelines. That is a FACT.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 1:05 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

You forgot to add...BABY BUBBA!

And I'm not butt hurt. Chuck D is deserving, I just think round 1 was too early for that matchup. And I've went along voting accordingly.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 2:50 pm

Del is very dope but is he really a GOAT emcee?? I guess in some heads opinion he is...

I don't think he's accomplished enough to be on the level of his cousin (Cube) as an example...or Scarface or Nas or KRS-One....but he's very dope in his own right...I don't think Monch should be listed here either....

Oh and Terry notice how neither Scarface nor Ice Cube are from NYC but yet both should be in the running for GOAT emcee IMO.....you're not that funny biscuit sauce....

BABY BUBBA!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:10 pm

"I don't think he's accomplished enough to be on the level of his cousin (Cube) as an example"

Biggie sure accomplished a ton more musically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:12 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I don't think he's accomplished enough to be on the level of his cousin (Cube) as an example"

Biggie did. In his very short career he accomplished a lot period.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:12 pm

Shaun wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off
Back to top Go down

What did he accomplish keV?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:14 pm

Steve wrote:

I'll wait to a more objective person ask me that question. No point in responding to you about Biggie.

Shaun? Terry? Etc.? Please....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:15 pm

"Only criteria I asked that we leave out is sales, money, and mass appeal. Everything else is a go."

^^^^^Kev's exact post from the Snoop vs. AZ thread.

With that out of the picture, what did Biggie accomplish that Del did not?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

Steve wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 3:17 pm

Lol, cuz I don't jock him like some people do, I'm not objective enough? He released 2 albums man. If youlook Shon said musically...unless those two albums are the best ever, he hasn't achieved the mist musically
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:01 pm

Fuck it Del is the GOAT

oh and let's not forget K-Rino

EL-P

and One Be Lo too

Motherfuckers

Laughing My Ass Off

ya happy now biscuit sauce.....infant seat and pac jr???
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:03 pm

Everyone you named is better than Biggie.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:07 pm

thats why I named 'em infant seat....because I knew you would think that....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

I only speak troofz
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:08 pm

I never said Del was the GOAT. I'm not sure why that would make me happy.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:10 pm

Yeah, I don't even listen to Del. Or El-P, as a rapper.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:11 pm

Shaun wrote:
I only speak troofz

you can't handle the troof...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
"Only criteria I asked that we leave out is sales, money, and mass appeal. Everything else is a go."

^^^^^Kev's exact post from the Snoop vs. AZ thread.

With that out of the picture, what did Biggie accomplish that Del did not?

He has more classic songs, more of his albums are considered classic by more true hip hop listeners than any of Del's. Biggie will show up on way more GOAT list than Del ever will. He was a major player for the east coast comeback from the west coast takeover. More emcees will say Big was an inspiration for them than Del. And he accomplished all of this off two albums and some pre street buzz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:28 pm

ALL THAT SHIT IS MASS APPEAL MR. ROBINSON.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:40 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:

LOL....I knew someone was going to say that. But if you read closer I was very careful how I worded each accomplishment. There is a thinline though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:42 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

LOL....I knew someone was going to say that. But if you read closer I was very careful how I worded each accomplishment. There is a thinline though.

Those accomplishments(for the most part) are not facts, and Del fans could easily counter them(especially the number of classic albums since Del has Deltron 3030 and IWMBGWH).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:45 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Those accomplishments(for the most part) are not facts, and Del fans could easily counter them(especially the number of classic albums since Del has Deltron 3030 and IWMBGWH).

Terry you know they are FACTS. Keep it real with me man. And of course Del fans would try to counter that claim that is what they are suppposed to do. I'm saying to the overall true heads that listen to more than one region of hip hop I bet more would agree than disagree with my statements. And I am not talking about your casual listeners and just fans. I'm talking the heads so no mass appeal to a degree is in the equation.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:47 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Terry you know they are FACTS. Keep it real with me man. And of course Del fans would try to counter that claim that is what they are suppposed to do. I'm saying to the overall true heads that listen to more than one region of hip hop I bet more would agree than disagree with my statements. And I am not talking about your casual listeners and just fans. I'm talking the heads so no mass appeal to a degree is in the equation.

No, they are not facts. It's the hip hop heads who are praising Del. It's not the fly by night type of fans.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

I'm not, and never was saying that Del is the GOAT. I'll vote for him that way, because he is a personal favorite, and it's okay to be biased. Everyone is.

I just stated my opinion, and moved on. The real mystery is how Common and Mos Def fit in with everybody else that's still in this. I think that's a fluke.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 4:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

No, they are not facts. It's the hip hop heads who are praising Del. It's not the fly by night type of fans.

But they are also praising Biggie. But what about the ones like me and you who are more in between. Who objectively can see this without choosing sides. Biggie has more classic trks than Del and his two albums are considered classic by more heads than Del. Biggie is on more GOAT list than Del. And Del has more albums and has been in the game longer. So to me that is more accomplishments than Del easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 5:04 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
no k-rino Shit Hit The Fan

LOL, sorry Stanley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 5:16 pm

The majority of this forum is a fucking joke. I mean seriously?? I know Biggie isn't everyone's favorite rapper but to act like he never did anything in this game is some bitch ass hater shit. Biggie accomplished more in 3 years than most rappers do in their entire fucking careers. Anyone saying otherwise is a fucking retard. Big Ups to K. Rob, Powell, Wayne, and others in here that recognize the real.

Yep I said it, I cried two tears in a bucket....FUCK IT!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 5:23 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

But they are also praising Biggie. But what about the ones like me and you who are more in between. Who objectively can see this without choosing sides. Biggie has more classic trks than Del and his two albums are considered classic by more heads than Del. Biggie is on more GOAT list than Del. And Del has more albums and has been in the game longer. So to me that is more accomplishments than Del easily.

That is the DEFINITION of mass appeal in your post right there, LMAO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:06 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
The majority of this forum is a fucking joke. I mean seriously?? I know Biggie isn't everyone's favorite rapper but to act like he never did anything in this game is some bitch ass hater shit. Biggie accomplished more in 3 years than most rappers do in their entire fucking careers. Anyone saying otherwise is a fucking retard. Big Ups to K. Rob, Powell, Wayne, and others in here that recognize the real.

Wow, with the way you just got worked up over Biggie, i don't think you are in a position to call anyone a stan.

If you paid close attention to the discussion you would see that the issue was not with biggie's accomplishments, but with the fact that all he has is mass appeal over someone like Del... being compared to Del is an honor, not a diss in this rap game.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:35 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Man, no one is trying to bash Biggie(at least i'm not). My whole point was if you strip away all the outside shit(which is what Kev asked us to do) you're left with two very dope mc's, and it's not a forgone conclusion that Biggie is better than Del. Which mc is better line for line? Which mc is better song for song? Which mc is better album for album? Which mc has the better flow, voice, delivery? That's what you got to ask yourself. If your answer is still Biggie, then so be it, but Del's got plenty of credentials.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:52 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

Man, no one is trying to bash Biggie(at least i'm not). My whole point was if you strip away all the outside shit(which is what Kev asked us to do) you're left with two very dope mc's, and it's not a forgone conclusion that Biggie is better than Del. Which mc is better line for line? Which mc is better song for song? Which mc is better album for album? Which mc has the better flow, voice, delivery? That's what you got to ask yourself. If your answer is still Biggie, then so be it, but Del's got plenty of credentials.

I don't know why he was compared to Del in the first place. I like Del and I own the majority of his discog. I like Biggie better overall, but Del is great in my book as well. He's easily one of my favs from the West and a Top 30 MC of all time IMO.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:56 pm

He was brought up cause Del was still around but Biggie has already been bounced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 6:58 pm

Big Daddy Rage seems a more apt name for KJ. Or maybe just "The Beast with nostrils the size of the titanic"
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitimeMon 20 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

T. Myers wrote:
He was brought up cause Del was still around but Biggie has already been bounced.

Actually, Del was brought up because I was all "butt-hurt" that he's gone. I think Powell was laughing about the fact that he deserved to be in here, and someone else brought up Biggie.

In no way was I trying to compare the two, and I can see both sides of the argument. In that battle, I'd vote Del though. And I'd admit to being biased. And East Coast has nothing to do with it, since I live (and have lived for my whole life) in Upstate NY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOAT Round 2 Final Results   GOAT Round 2 Final Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOAT Round 2 Final Results
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: