Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GGOAT and/or GFOAT?

Go down 
+3
T. Myers
TheHazardous
D.Powell
7 posters

GGOAT and/or GFOAT?
GGOAT
GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Vote_lcap56%GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
GFOAT
GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Vote_lcap44%GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Neither
GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Vote_lcap0%GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage

GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Empty
PostSubject: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 3:12 pm

After we crown the GOAT emcee I want to do another bracket style poll on the greatest group and/or greatest female emcee.

Which one would you guys like to see next? Or none?

I was kind of suspect of doing the GGOAT because I feel that Wu Tang or Outkast are going to win that easily so what will be the point of going threw all those polls. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

group. fuck a female... there's like 10 female emcees and they are all trash.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 3:23 pm

Do them both Kev on this forum you never know whose going to win mane....Company Flow might win greatest group of all-time in here so you never know...and there's been more than enough dope female emcees to do that poll too...that one should be interesting in here as well especially since there are so many heads in here intimidated by PUSSY...lol

do 'em both my dude!

Last edited by D.Powell on Thu 23 Sep 2010, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 3:42 pm

both
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 5:02 pm

D.Powell wrote:
Do them both Kev on this forum you never know whose going to win mane....Company Flow might win greatest group of all-time in here so you never know...and there's been more than enough dope female emcees to do that poll too...that one should be interesting in here as well especially since there are so many heads in here intimidated by PUSSY...lol

do 'em both my dude!

COOOOOOO-SIGN!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 5:46 pm

But with the GGOAT thread don't you guys relly feel like Kast or Wu is going to win? Who has a chance to best them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 5:57 pm

well then just do a kast vs. wu...

a female goat thread is pointless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:03 pm

Why because you don't like female MC's? Well then don't vote.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:04 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
But with the GGOAT thread don't you guys relly feel like Kast or Wu is going to win? Who has a chance to best them?

In my opinion, those are the top 2, but there are groups tha may surprise people given the right match up like EPMD, Run DMC, Mobb Deep, Gangstarr, Beastie Boys, Geto Boys(including Willie Damn D), UGK, Ball & MJG, NWA, Bone, and quite a few others. It's not so much the outcome that i care about. I just enjoy the convo. I mean we could get some good debate if a group like Bone went up against Brand Nubian or whatever.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:04 pm

A female mc thread would be ok, but really not enough people are passionate about female mc's, and Lyte is the blatantly obvious winner.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:09 pm

Yeah you could do both threads but I only listened to Jean Grae and MC Lyte
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:10 pm

T. Myers wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

In my opinion, those are the top 2, but there are groups tha may surprise people given the right match up like EPMD, Run DMC, Mobb Deep, Gangstarr, Beastie Boys, Geto Boys(including Willie Damn D), UGK, Ball & MJG, NWA, Bone, and quite a few others. It's not so much the outcome that i care about. I just enjoy the convo. I mean we could get some good debate if a group like Bone went up against Brand Nubian or whatever.

I feel you even though none of those will beat Wu or Kast...lol. Thats cool i'll get ready for that one soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:12 pm

T. Myers wrote:
A female mc thread would be ok, but really not enough people are passionate about female mc's, and Lyte is the blatantly obvious winner.

Lyte is not the obvious winner in my book. And if only me, Powell, Peterson, KJ, and Wayne participate it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:17 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Lyte is not the obvious winner in my book. And if only me, Powell, Peterson, KJ, and Wayne participate it'll be fun.

She doesn't have to be the obvious pick for you. I was saying she is the obvious winner of the tournament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:18 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

L-Boogie is her only competiton IMO, and yeah I agree even if only 5 people (although I think it'll be a few more than that) participate it'll still be fun.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:19 pm

I'll participate in a femcee tourney.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:42 pm

what happens if Wu or Kast face off in the first round? then the tourney gets weird...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:44 pm

lmao @ Lauryn being on Lyte's level
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 6:55 pm

Half wrote:
Yeah you could do both threads but I only listened to Jean Grae and MC Lyte

You should check out Polyrhythm Addicts' "Break Glass" then. Tiye Phoenix is nice on the mic device.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 7:13 pm

Shaun wrote:
lmao @ Lauryn being on Lyte's level

Lyte is better, but Lauryn is in the same elite class IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 7:59 pm

I'd say just do greatest group of all time. I have nothing against female artists, however, IMO MC Lyte is the greatest female hip hop artist to ever grace the mic, so really there would be no competition for her, respectively.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

Maybe in terms of lyrics, but Lauryn has two dope albums, and that's it. And, Jean Grae and Invincible are better than herr, lyrically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep 2010, 10:53 pm

Oh yeah and for the record a group will be a group. Whether its 8 members or 2 members where one raps and the other produces.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep 2010, 7:35 am

BDP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GGOAT and/or GFOAT?   GGOAT and/or GFOAT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GGOAT and/or GFOAT?
Page 1 of 1