Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ice Cube - I Am The West

Go down 
+2
Laced With Slang
Wayne
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Ice Cube - I Am The West Empty
PostSubject: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

So what's with all the pussy footing, bitching, and moaning and whining about this CD?

I just bumped it, certainly not a classic CD, but far from wack. There's 3-4 pop/club/southern sounding tracks that I can see narrowminded people blindly hating on... is that enough to get you to ignore the rest of the CD? Some dope, classic cube tracks on here. This is a solid 3.5 for me and on par or better than Raw Footage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 7:01 pm

It doesn't appeal to me, point blank.

I'm a huge Cube fan and own all of his albums so you can't honestly call me a hater. This album is WACK IMO. After spinning it twice I have zero desire to spin it again. About the only Cube album that's as bad as this one is the Peace disk, and I'd probably be more likely to spin that again than this.

3 stars on a good day.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 7:02 pm

There's like 9 or 10 crack songs on the CD and you have no desire to hear them again?
Ice Cube - I Am The West Bullshit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 7:19 pm

There's only about 5-6 on this joint I like at best. This ain't the Cube I've come to know and love. He completely switched up his style and I'm not feelin it. I hope he doesn't stay in this direction for the rest of his career.

And SRP, there's a lot of albums that I love that you think are wack (despite the fact that they're considered some of the dopest albums of all time) so you can't honestly criticize me for not liking this album.

I'm gonna do what I usually do with albums in which I'm not feelin the whole product. Take the songs that I do like, put them on my iPod and screw the rest. I'll likely spin this album once more just to confirm which tracks are good, but I don't see my rating changing much, if at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeTue 28 Sep 2010, 7:28 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
There's only about 5-6 on this joint I like at best. This ain't the Cube I've come to know and love. He completely switched up his style and I'm not feelin it. I hope he doesn't stay in this direction for the rest of his career.

And SRP, there's a lot of albums that I love that you think are wack (despite the fact that they're considered some of the dopest albums of all time) so you can't honestly criticize me for not liking this album.

I'm gonna do what I usually do with albums in which I'm not feelin the whole product. Take the songs that I do like, put them on my iPod and screw the rest. I'll likely spin this album once more just to confirm which tracks are good, but I don't see my rating changing much, if at all.

I cosign for the most part. This album has 7-8 trks I can semi digest. The rest is typical lame ass bullshit. Cube is too old for an album like this. Right now I got it at a 3.0-3.25.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 7:20 pm

Just got finished bumping this joint, and while it's not wack, I do agree that this has to be the most disappointing album in Cube's career. My rating is 3 stars. It does have a few good songs here. It seemed rushed in spot, and based on listening to it today, it's not going to hold too much replay value with me, and I hate to say that about a Cube album.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:22 pm

ive only heard 2 songs--Rep That West is mehhh

but the Kool-Aid song is DOPE
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:24 pm

It was ok...the reason it's so disappointing is because we all know Cube can do better. I'll give it 3.0...and that's being nice really.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 8:29 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

I cosign for the most part. This album has 7-8 trks I can semi digest. The rest is typical lame ass bullshit. Cube is too old for an album like this. Right now I got it at a 3.0-3.25.

That JYD avatar is fuckin' awesome... lol

R.I.P. JYD
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 04 Nov 2010, 9:07 pm

Wanduras wrote:
It was ok...the reason it's so disappointing is because we all know Cube can do better. I'll give it 3.0...and that's being nice really.

Cosign.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 9:45 am

I give it a 2.5 stars, it was disappointing to me. Cube was back to his standards with Laugh Now, Cry Later, but with this one I think he returned to the War & Peace era. Shiny beats which sound very South, and some controversy on lyrics, since he represents this and that, but how can a rapper support real hip hop and rap over this kind of beats? I liked Hood Robbin' very much, by far the best cut on the album, it is real hip hop, old Cube spittin' about social topics. If the whole album was intended this way, it would've been much better. I'm a big Cube fan, I think he can do way better than this.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 10:51 am

Drink the Kool Aid is really dope, i havent heard this whole album though but dont really plan to
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

Never liked this album. I thought Raw Footage was better.
2.0 stars
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

Jack of Spades wrote:
Never liked this album. I thought Raw Footage was better.
2.0 stars

Raw Footage certainly is better, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Cube - I Am The West   Ice Cube - I Am The West Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Cube - I Am The West
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: