Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'

Go down 
+2
Purple Haze
thelundquist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Empty
PostSubject: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 9:21 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:00 am

This is on Real Talk I think. So I am inclined to pass, but if it is on sale for 7.99 on best buy I will likely suckcum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:01 am

I'm checking out that trk now. I hope this album is betta than Suite 420.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:04 am

Its typical Devin. Very safe song which is cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:07 am

lol...devin has been doing the same thing for over a decade... I wouldn't consider that "safe"...lol...just consistent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:11 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
lol...devin has been doing the same thing for over a decade... I wouldn't consider that "safe"...lol...just consistent

Well safe and consistant runs hand and hand. Plus his last few albums have not been consistant quality wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:12 am

That's your opinion, I don't think Devin has one bad album in his catalog. Safe to me is conforming to what others expect for fear of being too different. Devin just does himself and what he's always done. I wouldn't consider it "safe." At this point in his career do you really go into a Devin song or album expecting something different?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:17 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
That's your opinion, I don't think Devin has one bad album in his catalog. Safe to me is conforming to what others expect for fear of being too different. Devin just does himself and what he's always done. I wouldn't consider it "safe." At this point in his career do you really go into a Devin song or album expecting something different?

Well Just Trying To Live had some unsafe Devin moments on it. So he can do it. And Devin only has one bad album in my book. And I agree that with your defintiion of "safe" and it may fit Devin to agree. Its safe for him to come out with that type of sound because its the norm for him and his fans expect it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 10:23 am

The only different thing on Just Trying was a few outside beats. My issue is there is no consistency in your criticism. Scarface has been putting out the same "safe" album for over a decade, but he gets praised by you for his consistency, someone else does it and you criticize it for being safe. You can't have it both ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
The only different thing on Just Trying was a few outside beats. My issue is there is no consistency in your criticism. Scarface has been putting out the same "safe" album for over a decade, but he gets praised by you for his consistency, someone else does it and you criticize it for being safe. You can't have it both ways.

Oh naw I have said the samething about Face. I just don't put it on blast because he's my fav artist and i'm cool with it for the most part. I'd like to see him step out his comfort zone also but if he doesn't i'm good. And I said "safe" does not eqaul bad. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:32 pm

Cool, I see where you are coming from now, glad we could have a civilized debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:33 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Cool, I see where you are coming from now, glad we could have a civilized debate.

Mos def mofo!......oops I mean homey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeWed 29 Sep 2010, 12:36 pm

Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  820545
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 2:31 pm

This track is exactly what I expect from Devin. This is an auto-cop for me.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 3:25 pm

I'm not supporting Real Talk regardless if the track is decent. By giving those guys support buying their albums, they'll be more inclined to produce more unofficial albums.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:55 pm

J. Harris wrote:
I'm not supporting Real Talk regardless if the track is decent. By giving those guys support buying their albums, they'll be more inclined to produce more unofficial albums.

Isn't that throwing the baby out with the bath water? I know the unofficial album thaing is bullshit but how else are you gonna support the album if he's only releasing it (to my knowledge) through Real Talk?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 5:58 pm

Purple Haze, you iz stanz
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 7:22 pm

I support Devin but I won't support any Real Talk releases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:24 pm

I always wait for real talk/siccness albums to hit the dollar mark on amazon and buy em then.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSat 02 Oct 2010, 8:37 pm

Can somebody explain to me the deal with real talk and why everyone hates them
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 12:05 am

Well, my main gripe with real talk/siccness was that they just buy rights to random shit someone may have record before, for a mixtape, etc. and release it. They usually are vague as to the nature of the CD - whether its an album or mixtape, when it was recorded, etc. Almost no artists ever promote or support the shit. Most of them I'm sure get paid somewhere along the line, but it's not your traditional CD.

Many times its old verses layered over in house production or an old mixtape released with a few different beats, etc. Early on they ran into problems, Kool Keith sued them and stopped distribution of Dr. Octagon II because it was an unauthorized released of unfinished songs and verses he had delivered to some label who then sold them to real talk.

So it's just shit like that. Sometimes they'll put their own rappers on there to fill in verses and make it seem like Styles P or Hell Rell or whoever actually cosigned or worked with them. Usually it's not the rapper's best work either.

Dr. Octagon II is the only one I bought retail because I had no clue at the time and it sucked big time. They have dropped some decent albums and their in house producers are decent, so I usually preview on napster and then wait for them to be cheap. That's my other thing - in about 2 years almost any CD they make is guaranteed to hit the bargain bin so I just wait.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeSun 03 Oct 2010, 12:12 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Well, my main gripe with real talk/siccness was that they just buy rights to random shit someone may have record before, for a mixtape, etc. and release it. They usually are vague as to the nature of the CD - whether its an album or mixtape, when it was recorded, etc. Almost no artists ever promote or support the shit. Most of them I'm sure get paid somewhere along the line, but it's not your traditional CD.

Many times its old verses layered over in house production or an old mixtape released with a few different beats, etc. Early on they ran into problems, Kool Keith sued them and stopped distribution of Dr. Octagon II because it was an unauthorized released of unfinished songs and verses he had delivered to some label who then sold them to real talk.

So it's just shit like that. Sometimes they'll put their own rappers on there to fill in verses and make it seem like Styles P or Hell Rell or whoever actually cosigned or worked with them. Usually it's not the rapper's best work either.

Dr. Octagon II is the only one I bought retail because I had no clue at the time and it sucked big time. They have dropped some decent albums and their in house producers are decent, so I usually preview on napster and then wait for them to be cheap. That's my other thing - in about 2 years almost any CD they make is guaranteed to hit the bargain bin so I just wait.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitimeMon 04 Oct 2010, 1:41 am

Highsmith wrote:
I support Devin but I won't support any Real Talk releases.

I feel ya
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'    Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devin the Dude - Jus' Coolin'
Page 1 of 1