Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Tribe Called Quest

Go down 
+14
SyRuP Sippa
KJ Styles
mistadave
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Xcel
Norfeest
yOGi420™
Half
Laced With Slang
Shaun
D.Powell
T. Myers
Funk Seoul Brother
Alan
18 posters

A Tribe Called Quest
People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm (1990)
A Tribe Called Quest Vote_lcap3%A Tribe Called Quest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
The Low End Theory (1991)
A Tribe Called Quest Vote_lcap44%A Tribe Called Quest Vote_rcap
 44% [ 14 ]
Midnight Marauders (1993)
A Tribe Called Quest Vote_lcap47%A Tribe Called Quest Vote_rcap
 47% [ 15 ]
Beats, Rhymes and Life (1996)
 3% [ 1 ]
The Love Movement (1998)
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

A Tribe Called Quest Empty
PostSubject: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 10:40 am

What's your favorite A Tribe Called Quest album?
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 10:56 am

MM in a landslide.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 12:06 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
MM in a landslide.

Landslide?

This was the toughest match up of all IMO - Low End Theory vs. Midnight Marauders. Midnight Marauders takes it just barely IMO
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 12:48 pm

The Low End Theory
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 2:16 pm

Midnight Marauders
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 3:39 pm

Alan wrote:

This was the toughest match up of all IMO - Low End Theory vs. Midnight Marauders. Midnight Marauders takes it just barely IMO

Nope not in my book. Remember TLET is my 3rd fav Tribe album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 4:02 pm

Midnight Marauders
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 4:54 pm

MM
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 4:58 pm

LET
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009, 5:58 pm

The Low End Theory wins for me. I feel it had the most standouts, and Phife Dawg was almost on the same level as Q-Tip on that album (Buggin Out, Butter, and Scenario are prime examples).

LET is my 3rd fav rap album of all time behind Illmatic and Ready To Die.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 3:16 pm

Low End Theory, but their first three are near equal to each other, and 5 star classics.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 5:58 pm

LOL @ the Love Movement vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 7:04 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
LOL @ the Love Movement vote

I know right!!! That's easily their worst album.

I laugh at the Beats Rhymes and Life vote too. It's a good album but pales in comparison to their first three albums.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 8:15 pm

MM fo sho.... I played that shit out when it came out and it still finds its way into the rotation
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 9:22 pm

Cise Starr wrote:
MM in a landslide.

Co-Sign. MM is one of my favorite albums ever though...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 10:27 pm

A landslide though? I beg to differ.

Personally, I think The Low End Theory is a better album than MM, but it's still very close. I give the edge to LET though because it has two songs (Scenario and Check The Rhime) that are better than anything on MM.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 10:31 pm

When you say "better," do you mean more popular? I ask because I can rattle 4 or 5 songs from MM off the top of my head that are better than those two...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009, 11:44 pm

For me it's 'Low End Theory" but" Midnight Marauders" is only behind it by an inch...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 6:03 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
When you say "better," do you mean more popular? I ask because I can rattle 4 or 5 songs from MM off the top of my head that are better than those two...

When I said better I just meant doper. While I respect your opinion, I disagree.

Don't get me wrong, I love MM but TLET in my opinion was their magnum opus. Phife rhymed with such energy that he seems virtually on the same level as Q-Tip on a number of tracks. I don't think that's the case with MM other than Award Tour.

All that said, it's really a close call between those two albums. I feel that TLET has slightly more standouts, but both are classics and I bang them both quite often along with People's Instinctive Travels.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009, 11:13 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kopasetick wrote:

When I said better I just meant doper. While I respect your opinion, I disagree.

Don't get me wrong, I love MM but TLET in my opinion was their magnum opus. Phife rhymed with such energy that he seems virtually on the same level as Q-Tip on a number of tracks. I don't think that's the case with MM other than Award Tour.

All that said, it's really a close call between those two albums. I feel that TLET has slightly more standouts, but both are classics and I bang them both quite often along with People's Instinctive Travels.

I never thought about it too much before, but Phife does shine more lyrically on TLET. But actually, I think TLET was just more rhyme-packed than MM in general, and a bit more of a showcase for their flows.

As for calling one the best, I still waffle back and forth on them. Standouts are about equal to me. I dig the overall production on MM better, but I tend to like the lyricism more on TLET. I spin both about the same amount. I still gave the vote to MM though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010, 9:07 pm

The Low End Theory, followed closely by Midnight Marauders.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 5:38 pm

The Low End Theory, a top 15 album of all time for me.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeThu 01 Apr 2010, 5:39 pm

Whoever voted for BRL & the Love Movement is a fool. Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 11:01 am

The first three albums are all classics material. I voted for Midnight Marauders, my favorite one, I always loved to death tracks like Award Tour, Steve Biko, Sucka N...a, and We Can Get Down.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 3:35 pm

The Low End Theory is my fav album from Tribe and my #2 album of all time.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 4:05 pm

Guest wrote:
The Low End Theory wins for me. I feel it had the most standouts, and Phife Dawg was almost on the same level as Q-Tip on that album (Buggin Out, Butter, and Scenario are prime examples).

It moved ahead of Ready To Die?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

Shaun wrote:
Guest wrote:

boy u crazy
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 5:39 pm

Shaun wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't know if I'd say it's officially ahead of Ready To Die, but I have been spinning it more lately. They're basically 2 and 2A for me. They can switch places on any given day. Illmatic will never leave my top spot though.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 5:47 pm

wow... biggie's death day just passed and you still spinned ATCQ more? I think you need to give them the #2 spot officially!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 5:53 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
wow... biggie's death day just passed and you still spinned ATCQ more? I think you need to give them the #2 spot officially!

I spun the hell out of Ready To Die and Life After Death on Wednesday. I even spun Biggie Duets. Other than the new Raekwon, that's all I spun that day.

When I said lately, I meant over the last several months or so.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

Ah, I see, I still think you need to give em #2 status if you been spinning them for months. Why didn't you bump Lasers on Wednesday?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 6:03 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Ah, I see, I still think you need to give em #2 status if you been spinning them for months. Why didn't you bump Lasers on Wednesday?

Do you have an undisputed #2 album?

Also, I was disappointed with Lasers overall. While I don't think it's as bad as the people in the forum think it is, it's definitely not on par with Lupe's first two albums.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 6:12 pm

Seagram - Soul on Ice #1
Mac Dre - Young Black Brotha #2
UGK - Catalog

pretty much set in stone for me... but I can see people having more flexibility in their rankings especially when the albums are so different (RTD and ATCQ are on two completely different vibes)
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 6:15 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Seagram - Soul on Ice #1
UGK - Catalog

pretty much set in stone for me... but I can see people having more flexibility in their rankings especially when the albums are so different (RTD and ATCQ are on two completely different vibes)

I see your point, but most people that I know who enjoy Biggie also enjoy ATCQ, and vise versa.

The Low End Theory was my favorite album until 1994, when Illmatic and RTD came out.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 7:02 pm

So in '94, Illmatic and RTD were #1 and #2 on your list? Don't you yell at people for calling albums classic too soon? lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar 2011, 7:19 pm

Shaun wrote:
So in '94, Illmatic and RTD were #1 and #2 on your list? Don't you yell at people for calling albums classic too soon? lol

You've got me confused with someone else, toddler. I've never yelled at anybody for calling something a classic out of the gate. I've yelled at people who try to say that an artist/album is wack before hearing it (**cough** TRAN **cough**)
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 1:40 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Seagram - Soul on Ice #1
UGK - Catalog

Yeah, I definitely do not have an undisputed #2 album either. I just know damn sure that Pete Rock & CL Smooth "Mecca & The Soul Brother" is #1 because it's my most played and loved of all time. Too many others come close to it and it's tough to call a #2.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 2:15 pm

I broke the 13 to 13 tie for this one also...lol. The Low End Theory is #1 for me with Midnight Marauders at a close #2. People's would be #3 for me.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar 2011, 2:26 pm

The Low End Theory is my pick.
Back to top Go down
wiLLThaJacker
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 1:37 am

Midnight Marauders... sooo many classic songs. Electric Relaxation, Award Tour, Ect..
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 9:10 am

wiLLThaJacker wrote:
Midnight Marauders... sooo many classic songs. Electric Relaxation, Award Tour, Ect..

Hey man welcome to the forum and thanks for participating. Now LET and MM are tied up...we're gonna need another vote haha
Back to top Go down
wiLLThaJacker
Woof
Woof

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

Thanks Man! Yeah Its really hard to choose which one of there first three is better..
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitimeThu 23 Jun 2011, 5:33 pm

I broke the tie by voting for The Love Movement 16 times...

Nah, I think Midnight Marauders is their best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Tribe Called Quest   A Tribe Called Quest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Tribe Called Quest
Page 1 of 1