Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anything new?

Go down 
+3
Laced With Slang
TheHazardous
E. Taylor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 9:43 pm

Damn, what's up hip hop fam. Started a new job last month and i've been working 60-70 hrs. a week. Then i come home to the wife and kids and it doesn't leave me alot of time for posting. Not going to complain at all though because i experienced plenty of unemployment time and it was miserable.

Anyways, i'm finally going to have some funds for music again but i haven't had time to research. Is there anything new coming out in the next month that you guys are looking forward too? I know some things have been pushed back and i've read nothing but bad reviews on the new Cube. If nothing new, i've got plenty of older joints i need to buy.

I did just pick up the Curren$y "Pilot Talk" album and it's solid.

Are people still digging "Kill Devil Hills"? That's going to be my next purchase.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:18 pm

I like Kill Devil Hills but I still need to hear Hour of Reprisal.

What's got you working like a Hebrew slave?
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeWed 06 Oct 2010, 10:24 pm

I'm working for a company that takes care of people with Developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol problems, and troubled youth. They have to have people there 24-7 so I told my supervisor i'd take all the hours she could give me. I may regret it after a while, but I certainly need it right now before Christmas.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:14 am

Ah, is this different from the truck driving job you had? And you've missed a lot of music, I have to go back to see what I would recommend. The new B-Real mixtape is solid, Ice Cube you probably won't like, Heaven Razah dropped a CD but I haven't heard it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:32 am

can someone gimme a list of EVERYTHING that has come out since the Bun B album??

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:33 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
can someone gimme a list of EVERYTHING that has come out since the Bun B album??

Lol wow

Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 1:10 am

How about you just look at my list, Slang. Everything that's not on it you'll hear or hear of other places.
Back to top Go down
Blades
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
Blades

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 9:06 am

Check the Big-L thread, I see that as a must-buy when it drops.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 10:08 am

E Taylor and Slang your best bet is to go look in the top albums of 2010 thread.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 10:12 am

Probably since they are still fresh on my mind, i'd rec the new Pimp C. The Skyzoo/Illmind joint is dope. I'd also pick up Kill Devil Hills and the new Q-Unique album.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:27 pm

Taylor stay far away from that Pimp C. That shit is whack.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:

WOW. Seriously KRob? You didn't feel it at all?
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:56 pm

Wayne wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Naw man its boring and cave man-ish. At my age I don't want to hear a album full of bullshit.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 12:57 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Wayne wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Naw man its boring and cave man-ish. At my age I don't want to hear a album full of bullshit.

Well, I can certainly respect that. What's your early rating for it now?
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 1:01 pm

2.75-3.0
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 1:03 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
2.75-3.0

Well, I can say that I don't see you bumping this again any time soon, lol.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 1:48 pm

lmao... k rob is such a contradictory bitch. Funny how he all of a sudden is too old and mature to appreciate good music...lmao when his whole collection is allegedly caveman gangsta shit...lol...
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 6:07 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
lmao... k rob is such a contradictory bitch. Funny how he all of a sudden is too old and mature to appreciate good music...lmao when his whole collection is allegedly caveman gangsta shit...lol...

Agreed. That was some dumb ass shit to say, because that's what most "grown ups" think of the whole hip hop genre.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 6:12 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I'm working for a company that takes care of people with Developmental disabilities, drug and alcohol problems, and troubled youth. They have to have people there 24-7 so I told my supervisor i'd take all the hours she could give me. I may regret it after a while, but I certainly need it right now before Christmas.

Stay on your toes and keep a thick skin. And don't exhaust yourself. Reduce your hours if it becomes overwhelming because you can't work any hours if you drop.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 10:13 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Ah, is this different from the truck driving job you had? And you've missed a lot of music, I have to go back to see what I would recommend. The new B-Real mixtape is solid, Ice Cube you probably won't like, Heaven Razah dropped a CD but I haven't heard it.

Yeah man, the driving job was a disaster! I had to try to learn to drive a standard in just a few hours. I thought i had it down but when i got to the job, the trucks were totally different than the vehicle i had practiced in. Couldn't drive it, total humiliation. Anyways, this job is what i'm going to school for so it's a better fit anyway. I'm really loving it. It's one of them jobs that doesn't really feel like work, i actually like being there. Hope the hours down't wear me down.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 10:54 pm

RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Agreed. That was some dumb ass shit to say, because that's what most "grown ups" think of the whole hip hop genre.

No it was some real shit to say. I'm 34 with a wife, two kids (girls at that) and out of the hood. I have mature some I would like to think and so has my taste. I still appreciate street music done with taste and with a point or a means to a end. But I have been there done that with all the unnecessary cussing and empty subject matter for an entire album. I luv hip hop but all hip hop is not for me at all times.

Last edited by KRob TheRapGod on Fri 08 Oct 2010, 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 11:06 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

Yeah man, the driving job was a disaster! I had to try to learn to drive a standard in just a few hours. I thought i had it down but when i got to the job, the trucks were totally different than the vehicle i had practiced in. Couldn't drive it, total humiliation. Anyways, this job is what i'm going to school for so it's a better fit anyway. I'm really loving it. It's one of them jobs that doesn't really feel like work, i actually like being there. Hope the hours down't wear me down.

Damn man! Good to see you rebounded from that. Those trucks can sometimes be ALOT different than a regular standard car, with like 10 extra gears. But good thing you got a new job, going to school, etc. If you look at it as a short term thing, those hours will be fine, eventually you'll be supervisor or something and have sweet hours.
Back to top Go down

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitimeThu 07 Oct 2010, 11:09 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
RompedOutCutthoat wrote:
Southern Rap Pro wrote:

No it was some real shit to say. I'm 34 with a wife, two kids (girls at that) and out of the hood. I have mature some I would like to think and so have my taste. I stll appreciate street music done with taste and with a point or a means to a end. But I have been there done that with all the unnessary cussing and empty subject matter for an entire album. I luv hip hop but all hip hop is not for me at all times.

I dunno man, I've never bought into that shit so it's never been an issue for me. I love UGK, but I never approved of the pimp shit or treating women like hoes, but I enjoy the music for what it is. So it's never been an issue of maturity or anything for me. If you say you bought into that image/lifestyle then that's another thing, but if you listened to baldheaded hoes and laughed back then, you should still be able to appreciate some raunchy shit nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anything new? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anything new?   Anything new? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anything new?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: General Hip-Hop Discussion-
Jump to: