Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely

Go down 
+3
RuKuS
T. Myers
parker lewis
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Empty
PostSubject: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 12:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Alright...because the success of The Town and my profile being raised...I have to clear all the samples on my album. Bottom line its gonna cost me a lot of money and not come out on the 26th. Im sorry. But I am in the studiuo right now recording a free mixtape that will be out the same fuckin day. Fuck the industry. and the album will be out as soon as I can get it out Sorry."

"Devil Never Dies" dropping the 26th. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 8:10 am

lol @ Slaine thinking his profile is getting raised from his acting.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 8:41 am

smh, i doubt fools who seen The Town had no idea he was a rapper
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 8:43 am

This was a move by Sub Noize and not by Slaine himself, apparently some people came hunting for him about the sample for the song that is used in the soundtrack and Sub Noize was unaware that Slaine and LCN didn't clear samples for their songs, and likewise Slaine/LCN assume Sub Noize understood how indie hip hop works. This is what happens when you sign to the same label as Kotton Mouth Kings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 4:20 pm

this is fucking stupid by slaine and LCN... you clear samples or otherwise you never blow up... lol...talk about cheap stupid fucking moves to limit your career.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 4:50 pm

You know the movie producers aren't going to accept any inconvenience over this. If Slaine's people can't clear that shit quick, they're about to be sued on both sides. I'm sure whoever holds the rights is well aware of their power over the situation. This could seriously damage his career...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:16 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
this is fucking stupid by slaine and LCN... you clear samples or otherwise you never blow up... lol...talk about cheap stupid fucking moves to limit your career.

I highly doubt they've ever had to or thought they were famous enough to need to. I'm surprised KMK doesn't understand how indie rap works, considering they've been an indie rap label for...15 years? Some shit like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:31 pm

Indie rap doesn't all work that way though. Muggs should know better given how many times he's been sued.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:37 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Indie rap doesn't all work that way though. Muggs should know better given how many times he's been sued.

See, I'm not really clear on how this shit works, so you'd be the better source than me. I never understood how it's the artists' responsibility to clear samples, or the producers', really.

I understand the producer creates the music and they know what samples they use, but at the same time, they don't control know what beats are going to get used, etc. And artists might not necessarily know what's going to make an album so what do they pay to clear? Shouldn't labels pay to clear samples and take it out of the artists' percentage or something like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 5:56 pm

Well, it really depends on how the set up is done. Producers could clear samples, but given that not all beats sell it would be expensive. When a producer doesn't clear a sample it reduces what an artist will be willing to pay for the beat since they still have to clear the sample. It will fall on either the artist or label to clear a sample for a beat. If it is really indie then it is usually the artist and label one in the same. Technically, a traditional label will give the rapper a production budget and then out of that they choose beats/samples. Nowadays a lot of labels just expect an album and the artist signs a waiver taking responsibility directly for any lawsuits. I just think its fucking stupid - some samples clear for as little as 5-10K - yeah its a lot to an indie rapper - but if you are in a high profile movie/soundtrack it is worth it in my opinion.

I'm sure certain people don't clear samples, but like I said, in this situation it was idiotic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeSat 09 Oct 2010, 6:27 pm

What the fuck is that teddy bear from? I know I've seen it before.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 5:55 pm

Fuckin terrible. Oh well. Still got Kno, Kokayi, and Celph coming this month...
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:22 pm

Hm. So I canceled my preorder of this on Amazon and preordered it on Suburban Noize because:

" Ill have info for all those who pre ordered...you will be able to keep the preorder with the physical copy of the mixtape and a bomnus pack of my padt cds...or cancel it.. And Ill be leaking a song tomorrow about it all."

I'm curious to see what the bonus pack contains....
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct 2010, 6:29 pm

Guilty wrote:
What the fuck is that teddy bear from? I know I've seen it before.

Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 2:48 pm

Just an FYI, Slaine just told me on the "book of faces" that SubNoize will be shipping those mixtapes out on Monday. He had a hard time getting the master for Vol 2.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 3:08 pm

So, do you know if it's too late to pre-order at still get those extras?
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 3:16 pm

Yeah you had to order before the original 10/26 release date. SubNoize sent an email on 11/1 stating that.

"Everyone that pre-ordered prior to 10/26 (the original streetdate) will receive New Music from Slaine. This includes a CD copy of “The Devil Never Dies” Mixtape as well as copies of Slaine's previous mixtapes, “White Man Is The Devil” Volumes I & II..."
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 3:21 pm

ah, well if anyone already has copies of Vol 1 and Vol 2, and they'd like to sell their old copies just let me know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeThu 11 Nov 2010, 3:31 pm

I ordered on 10/25 and never got that email...smh...
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 12:33 pm

Any of you pre-ordering mofos get your mixtapes/poster? I sure as shit didn't...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 12:38 pm

No one got shit yet. I've checked facebook and twitter, as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 12:48 pm

Yeah, iwas wondering. I emailed these crackaz and they ain't reply... they dude esham hasn't shipped shit either..fucking indies...
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 30 Nov 2010, 1:00 pm

Yeah I sent them 2 or 3 emails and no response.

Kno sent me TWO emails before I even knew what was up with delays. Dude even provided his cell phone number. SubNoize should take some lessons....

At least I'm not the only one to not get anything. BTW, going to see Slaine in Bethlehem, PA on Saturday with Adlib. Hopefully it'll be a dope show.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 6:52 pm

Funny thing....I just got A World With No Skies in the mail today...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:09 pm

But you didn't get all the free shit they promised?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:12 pm

RuKuS wrote:
Funny thing....I just got A World With No Skies in the mail today...

Awesome video in your sig
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:14 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
But you didn't get all the free shit they promised?

Nope. Which pisses me off because I didn't buy a physical copy of the Devil Never Dies because I THOUGHT I was gettin it. Now that shit is all sold out.

smh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:18 pm

wow... this a pretty shitty predicament... you pre-order... they promise you a tone of shit because of the delay... never send.. but send the CD earlier than their estimate...still think it's bullshit... should have sent the free shit.. email them asking about that shit and telling em...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:20 pm

smh... I just got my fucking slaine too.. fucking a... only pre-ordered at their overpriced site to get all the free shit...
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:31 pm

Fuck. You're right this is pretty shitty. I don't think I'll ever deal with SubNoize again. Those fuckers will not answer a god damn email for their life. I wonder what Slaine has to say about it...

EDIT: Didn't get my poster either....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:36 pm

Yeah, I just noticed I didn't get a fucking poster either...slaine hasn't made an announcement or addressed the shit in about a month... so they just randomly mailed albums 3 months before their new release date?
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:41 pm

Seems like it. Maybe someone just fucked up....pretty badly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 7:43 pm

if someone fucked up I hope they fucked up and accidently sent the cd to us way early or sent us the wrong version... so I can throw this hoe on ebay and get my money back...
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:00 pm

lol

So is this like the OG version without any changes cause of the copyright shit? Hm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 8:11 pm

I have no clue, haven't opened mine nor do I plan to...sold it to the chubby chipmunk named T. Myers...
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 9:37 pm

lol @ Rukus' sig...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:24 am

Slaine said pre-order packagaes are coming out today.

A couple of people also are saying they got World Without Skies in the mail, seems to be the people that sent e-mails and complained.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:29 am

Jeff wrote:
Slaine said pre-order packagaes are coming out today.

A couple of people also are saying they got World Without Skies in the mail, seems to be the people that sent e-mails and complained.

lol. I sent an email. But I complained about my mixtapes....

EDIT: Jeff, you know if I'll still get the mixtappes now?
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 12:47 pm

For anyone who has already gotten the actual album:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still doesn't get me Devil Never Dies and White Man Vol 2 physicals though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 12:53 pm

Ruk, if you'd actually read on, Slaine said the extras got shipped today. So just calm down buddy.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 12:57 pm

Jeff wrote:
Ruk, if you'd actually read on, Slaine said the extras got shipped today. So just calm down buddy.

LMAO! That's from that same thread, man. The one about the preorders I mean. Ah well. Guess we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:01 pm

I don't think he'd saying they got shipped today if they weren't actually getting shipped out sometime in the near future. He's already probably on the verge of several lawsuits.
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 1:06 pm

Jeff wrote:
I don't think he'd saying they got shipped today if they weren't actually getting shipped out sometime in the near future. He's already probably on the verge of several lawsuits.

I think we got signals crossed here. My point isn't that I'm angry because I haven't gotten my mixtapes yet. My question was whether I'm still getting them or not because I received A World With No Skies. Like was AWwNS sent instead of those mixtapes.

Anyway, so how would that work? Does Slaine get sued directly or does the label get sued?
Back to top Go down
RuKuS
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
RuKuS

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:44 pm

Aaaaaaaand. Question answered. Just got all my mixtapes and poster. Plus I got the original A World With No Skies. Awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 4:45 pm

wow... great... I already sold my OG slaine CD to terrell... but I will burn a copy and order the remake once it is released
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:17 pm

Anyone know if I can still get in on that World With No Skies?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:21 pm

Damn, I'm regretting not copping this when I had the chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:48 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Anyone know if I can still get in on that World With No Skies?

The new version of the album is supposed to drop Feb 11th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 9:49 pm

I think he meant the oG version with the free goodies

I got my goodies today.. yeee... dunno why they didn't wait and do one shipment...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 2:42 pm

For anyone interested, UGHH has copies of The Devil Never Dies for sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely   Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slaine-A World With No Skies Pushed Back Indefinitely
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Guest's News-
Jump to: