Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning Materials!

Go down 
+18
Loose Leaf
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Justice
Z-membu
SkinnyTheFloridian
Purple Haze
Deanie O'Banion
Dang! Trotter
Funk Seoul Brother
Half
Dwight
Shaun
parker lewis
Laced With Slang
Esco
Alan
Jason
D.Powell
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

Learning Materials! Empty
PostSubject: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:16 am

This thread right here is called "Learning Materials", I started this thread so that myself and you guys can add little tidbits of information to help us all learn more about this hip-hop culture, we need to get more educated about this culture myself included, so feel free to drop anything on here that will help along that process, here's my first submission:

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

bump! this must stay right on top where it belongs
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:34 am

D.Powell wrote:

Maybe you can get one of the mods to make it a "sticky" so it always stays at the top. Then you can play KRS-One to all us kids.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:06 am

Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

Maybe you can get one of the mods to make it a "sticky" so it always stays at the top. Then you can play KRS-One to all us kids.

see you already missed the point, this is for you to share some info you have on hip-hop as well, educate me on why minnesota hip-hop is dope Pounds, show me some stuff, make me interested because right now it doesn't interest me in the least...that's what this thread is about
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:23 am

Hey moderator make this a "sticky" like Slang's joint please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Vakill - worst Fears Confirmed   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:24 am

If this doesn't do it for you Powell give up on the New School, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:31 am

Sadat X looks gay in that picture so I won't play the video...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:32 am

COMPLETELY DOPE Steve, good looks man!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:33 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Sadat X looks gay in that picture so I won't play the video...

Yeah I probably should've put a big pic of a Taco with cheese falling out of it for you SRP...lol,then you would've wanted to lick your computer screen, you nasty mexican,LMAO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:40 am

the whole album is that stuff powell, here it is with 12 hours left on ebay for 99 cents: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vakill-Worst-Fears-Confi-cd-new-mint-Chicago-Hip-Hop_W0QQitemZ320385714873QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item4a987a0ab9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
and buy it now for 10.99 with 3 dollars shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/VAKILL-Worst-Fears-Confirmed-RAS-KASS-ROYCE-MOLEMEN_W0QQitemZ270375780824QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item3ef3a701d8&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Doubt you will find it in stores, but it is a dope ass record that should help reaffirm your faith in the new school, hes a NY style spitter from Chicago.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:46 am

D.Powell wrote:
Alan wrote:
D.Powell wrote:

see you already missed the point, this is for you to share some info you have on hip-hop as well, educate me on why minnesota hip-hop is dope Pounds, show me some stuff, make me interested because right now it doesn't interest me in the least...that's what this thread is about

This is the old school hip-hop thread. Minnesota hip-hop didn't get good until late 90s/early 2000s. You don't seem to be that interested in Minnesota hip-hop, so why should I bother?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 12:22 pm

I stickied it for ya D.
Back to top Go down
Esco
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm

man, that Vakill song is really dope, I guess I'm going to have to check him out now instead of postponing it like I have been.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 12:38 pm

fast forward past the beginning minute or so to get to it
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 1:15 pm

Vakill is a microphone murderer. The evolution of the emcee.

"I ain't fucked; I just poked at her throat like a capri sun pouch" smh
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 2:53 pm

My favorite Vakill line(s):

"My name is legendary on all blocks, spitting fireball rocks
Before they call pops had bodies in walls and crawl spots
Hammers is all cocked
So many Makaveli mini-mes in the game it's a fucking outbreak of smallpox
And beef is when everybody is not breathing
so body me not even
Everybody is holding and probably not squeezing
And last year ni**a's albums did more flopping then a Vlade Divac season "

Powell, I thought you checked this album out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 5:15 pm

Steve wrote:
the whole album is that stuff powell, here it is with 12 hours left on ebay for 99 cents: http://cgi.ebay.com/Vakill-Worst-Fears-Confi-cd-new-mint-Chicago-Hip-Hop_W0QQitemZ320385714873QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item4a987a0ab9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50
and buy it now for 10.99 with 3 dollars shipping: http://cgi.ebay.com/VAKILL-Worst-Fears-Confirmed-RAS-KASS-ROYCE-MOLEMEN_W0QQitemZ270375780824QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item3ef3a701d8&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Doubt you will find it in stores, but it is a dope ass record that should help reaffirm your faith in the new school, hes a NY style spitter from Chicago.

Yeah Vakill is a BEAST! The best rec Steve has had since I've been on these forums.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 5:21 pm

Excellent shit Slang, mos def one to grow on man...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 6:41 pm

If anyone really wants to learn they should check out:

Dope hip-hop from down under. Even Powell should dig it, though the accents can be hard to get over from people.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 7:41 pm

ok since we're on topic of Learning Materials, I've always wanted to hear some good rappers from Miami. Can anyone help me out of give me some suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:19 pm

Esco wrote:
ok since we're on topic of Learning Materials, I've always wanted to hear some good rappers from Miami. Can anyone help me out of give me some suggestions?

Mos def
Poison Clan "2 Low Life Muthas" or "Poisonous Mentality"
Trick Daddy "www.thug.com" or "Thug Holiday"
2 Live Crew "Banned In The USA" or "Nasty As They Wanna Be"

Poison Clan trk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBIwvHxlST4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:24 pm

SRP that was dope man I wish that would get some play...it has a throwback feel to and they seem real with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:26 pm

They get plenty of love in their home country. They have albums that have gone Australian Platinum (70,000 is Platinum in Australia) so they get plenty of love. Their new album was just released and can be had at a good price and has Pharoahe Monch on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:34 pm

I really like that Sadat X interview that was some informative shit.

How do you post a video from youtube without just using the web address?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:37 pm

[youtube] link here and then [/youtube]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:45 pm

So you just paste the URL and put /youtube at the end?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 8:49 pm

You gotta make sure you put Youtube in brackets before the link and /Youtube in brackets after the link.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:57 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Esco wrote:

Mos def
Poison Clan "2 Low Life Muthas" or "Poisonous Mentality"
Trick Daddy "www.thug.com" or "Thug Holiday"
2 Live Crew "Banned In The USA" or "Nasty As They Wanna Be"

Poison Clan trk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBIwvHxlST4

I'll check out Poison Clan, but I was looking more for the underground scene, if it has any at all. 2 Live Crew is tight, but what I ever heard from Trick Daddy just never did it for me, maybe because it was his 2000 stuff, Ill get around to thug.com or thugholiday and see if they're cool.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 9:58 pm

those Australian cats got a little bit of flow there SRP...they need to change that beat quickly but they can flow..good looks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 10:01 pm

trick daddy is fuckin dope you homo
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:09 pm

SRP that signature is so fucking obnoxious lmao
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009, 11:09 pm

Steve wrote:
trick daddy is fuckin dope you homo

I didn't say we wasn't, I just said what I'd heard from him(post 2000 airplay singles) wasn't all that great.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009, 9:53 am

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009, 1:55 pm

KRob86 wrote:
I really like that Sadat X interview that was some informative shit.

How do you post a video from youtube without just using the web address?

Look on the right of whatever video you want, and there should be an embed code.....just copy and paste.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009, 2:41 pm

Thes One making a beat

PUTS origins

PUTS message to the fans

Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 9:33 am

Good shit Dwight and Cise Starr...learning materials is what it's all about!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Learning Materials!   Learning Materials! Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2009, 9:36 am