Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"

Go down 
+10
Purple Haze
Half
Shaun
parker lewis
Justin Linker
Laced With Slang
Wayne
Myestro
T. Myers
thelundquist
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Empty
PostSubject: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Nicki-minaj-pink-friday-album-cover-300x300

First of all fuck y'all in advance.....

Any thoughts on this album?

I think any open minded listener would enjoy this cd. She actually put some heart into this and its not as poppy as I thought or raunchy. The production is pretty good but the sound/vibe of the album never really strays outside of the box. She shows some substance in a good amount of songs also. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 6:07 pm

ahh the calm before the shit-storm of hate and ridicule lol. Her flow and voices get on my nerves but I still might give it a listen.

Last edited by thelundquist on Fri 19 Nov 2010, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : damn unwieldy touch screens)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 7:11 pm

I dunno. i may give it chance. I do dig some of her guest spots
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 7:17 pm

I'll download it, but I don't see myself buying a physical copy.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 11:11 pm

thelundquist wrote:
ahh the calm before the shit-storm of hate and ridicule lol. Her flow and voices get on my nerves but I still might give it a listen.

If her voice and flow get on your nerves, why would you subject yourself to it further?
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 11:19 pm

Myestro wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

If her voice and flow get on your nerves, why would you subject yourself to it further?

Her verse on Monster was kinda dope, so just to see if she's got a couple more in store. I endure for content (Recovery, canibus' shit) Besides I try to give almost anyone a chance. I remember listening to soulja boy and hurricane chris's first albums looking for gems... there were none.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 11:27 pm

thelundquist wrote:
Myestro wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

Her verse on Monster was kinda dope, so just to see if she's got a couple more in store. I endure for content (Recovery, canibus' shit) Besides I try to give almost anyone a chance. I remember listening to soulja boy and hurricane chris's first albums looking for gems... there were none.

Fair enough...was just wondering.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 19 Nov 2010, 11:45 pm

Myestro wrote:
thelundquist wrote:
Myestro wrote:
thelundquist wrote:

Fair enough...was just wondering.

Fair question, its all good.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 1:35 am

I may preview this also.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:15 am

Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

please, before doing this, check every rec i sent you 1000 times over for christs sake
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:19 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

please, before doing this, check every rec i sent you 1000 times over for christs sake

I PM'd you on this Slang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:20 am

I downloaded this, and while it's not as bad as I thought it would be, Shaun is totally ON CRACK by saying that this is the AOTY. It's not even remotely close.

3.5 stars is my rating. Rah Digga's album is far better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:31 am

Digga's album was very forgettable. And I really dig her. Nicki's has more life in it to me so far. But 3.5 is a fair rating. I would say 3.5-3.75 also maybe.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 3:14 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

In addition to this, also listen to that Awesome Dre joint!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 10:52 am

Justin Linker wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

And Still Standing!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 10:53 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
I downloaded this, and while it's not as bad as I thought it would be, Shaun is totally ON CRACK by saying that this is the AOTY. It's not even remotely close.

3.5 stars is my rating. Rah Digga's album is far better.

Are you sure he wasn't being sarcastic?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 10:57 am

UMMMMMMM ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?!?!?!?!

i jus listened to the 30 second samples of this on itunes and this sounds 5x WORSE THAN I THOUHGT

THIS IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. THE BEATS ARE TERRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIBBBLE ASIDE FROM A FEW. HER VOICE IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES AND HER FLOW IS JUST FUCKING WACK ON ABOUT AT LEAST 11 OF THESE TRACKS

and dont even get me started on the lyrics, becuase from the 30 seconds ive heard they are the biggest joke of lyrics ive heard in a long time

THIS IS FUCKING WACK!
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 10:59 am

like sriously, these beats FUCKING SUCK, i feel like im listeng to an 80's electro pop album with wack ass singers on the hooks
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 11:00 am

"seen his little weiner but we dont like Nathan's"

hahahahaha any guy listening to this album is on suspiscion, straight up
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 11:14 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
like sriously, these beats FUCKING SUCK, i feel like im listeng to an 80's electro pop album with wack ass singers on the hooks

Yeah, I listened to the snippets on Amazon. Well, the first three tracks. My ears are bleeding now. She does fucking suck...and not in a good way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 1:40 pm

Like I said she's not for everybody. Slang and Mys I seriously doubted you would dig it anyway. So why check it out? Did you guys ever even slighty like her or was curious about her? Probably not.

Slang you don't really like anything mainstream unless it has a W on it.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 1:58 pm

I checked it because I've never heard her. I don't listen to the radio much, so I had no clue what she sounds like. Now I do, much to my chagrin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:03 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Digga's album was very forgettable. And I really dig her. Nicki's has more life in it to me so far. But 3.5 is a fair rating. I would say 3.5-3.75 also maybe.

Digga murders Nicki on the mic. I don't think the beats on Nicki's album are as bad as Slang says they are, but on the mic she's basically Lil Wayne with a vagina, and y'all all know how I feel about that clown.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:35 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

I will.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 2:35 pm

Myestro wrote:
Justin Linker wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

And Still Standing!

I'm STILL going to cop Still Standing, lol. Haven't forgotten.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 4:28 pm

Wayne wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Justin Linker wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

And Still Standing!

And American Me
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 4:28 pm

Kid Joe wrote:
Wayne wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Justin Linker wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Wayne wrote:
I may preview this also.

And Still Standing!

And American Me

Yep, this one too.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 4:56 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Like I said she's not for everybody. Slang and Mys I seriously doubted you would dig it anyway. So why check it out? Did you guys ever even slighty like her or was curious about her? Probably not.

Slang you don't really like anything mainstream unless it has a W on it.

yea dude, i didnt mind some her verses i heard (didnt like them too much, but didnt mind them) but this is some pure garbage. Like straight up, its been a while since ive heard shit that hurt my ears the way this did. I had NO IDEA it would be this bad, lmao, like are you hearing these beats???? Horrendous.

i would rather listen to Gucci, OJ Da Juiceman, fuck even "Hard in Da Paint" over this shit (at least that beat goes hard)
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 5:01 pm

"I downloaded this, and while it's not as bad as I thought it would be, Shaun is totally ON CRACK by saying that this is the AOTY. It's not even remotely close. "

Those were jokes, KJ. I have not heard this album, and I don't plan on hearing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSat 20 Nov 2010, 8:12 pm

Shaun wrote:
"I downloaded this, and while it's not as bad as I thought it would be, Shaun is totally ON CRACK by saying that this is the AOTY. It's not even remotely close. "

Those were jokes, KJ. I have not heard this album, and I don't plan on hearing it.

SMFH, people in here are always crying wolf. It makes me not wanna believe anything.

I will say this though about the album. While it isn't my cup of tea, if you like Lil Wayne and/or Drake, I don't see why you wouldn't like this. They all sound the same.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 10:41 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Shaun wrote:

SMFH, people in here are always crying wolf. It makes me not wanna believe anything.

I will say this though about the album. While it isn't my cup of tea, if you like Lil Wayne and/or Drake, I don't see why you wouldn't like this. They all sound the same.

"Maybe that was the problem"
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 10:42 pm

KJ, I hate female emcees, like the rest of the forum. Why would this be my AOTY? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

lil wayne>>>>>>>>>Drake>>>>>>>>>>>Nicki Minaj>>>>>>>>>>>>KRS ONE>>>>>>>>>>>>Skyzoo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:36 pm

Pedro's rap taste is more disgusting than manure mixed with roadkill.

And Shaun, blame your boy Linker....he's the one who put it out there that you said that.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:39 pm

I know he did.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

Shaun wrote:
KJ, I hate female emcees, like the rest of the world. Why would this be my AOTY? lol

Fixed
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:15 pm

Album of the eon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:31 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Shaun wrote:
KJ, I hate female emcees, like the rest of the world. Why would this be my AOTY? lol

Fixed

SMH....The world doesn't revolve around the opinions of this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2010, 7:57 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Pedro's rap taste is more disgusting than manure mixed with roadkill.

And Shaun, blame your boy Linker....he's the one who put it out there that you said that.

My rap taste is more disgusting than your mama...nasty...
Back to top Go down
Purple Haze
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
Purple Haze

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:43 pm

I gave her a solid listen but she is very inconsistent and while it isn't terrible I think that is is very bland (musically and lyrically). I would give it a 2.75-3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeWed 01 Dec 2010, 9:52 pm

So I insult someone's rap taste, and they come back by insulting my mother. Pedro and Tran are some fuckin punk ass internet wanksta midget bitches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 12:54 am

I insult your mother only because she iz hoez.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:44 am

a hoez*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 1:50 am

no... she iz hoez... hoez is a verb not a noun...dumbass
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 2:01 am

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
So I insult someone's rap taste, and they come back by insulting my mother. Pedro and Tran are some fuckin punk ass internet wanksta midget bitches.

lol stop crying dude
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 6:10 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

lol stop crying dude

LOL stop dickriding, dude

My mother's got more class than anybody in Pedro's whole fuckin family x a billion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 6:25 pm

Odd... because the only time she has class in her is when I am in the middle of the act.. by that I mean she is class less and I have class... and when my penis is inserted in her vagina she has class inside her because my penis has class and is inside her. I can provide illustrations if needed. Fucking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 6:37 pm

No you can't, but I can provide illustrations of your funeral if you ever talked that shit to my face.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeThu 02 Dec 2010, 6:44 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
Big Daddy Kool wrote:

lol stop crying dude

LOL stop dickriding, dude

My mother's got more class than anybody in Pedro's whole fuckin family x a billion.

haha dude im not dickriding. Dont you not see what's going on here? The more you cry about your mom jokes the more people are going to say them, you are bringing it upon yourself.

Also, why are you getting so offended? YOU HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE ON THIS FORUM AND NONE OF THEM KNOW YOUR MOTHER. It is not like they are taking shots at "Mrs. Kool John". They are making "your mom" jokes. Have you never seen American Pie or any comedy of the last 15 years???? They are taking shots at your "mother", not Mrs. KJ. In fact i can say pretty confidently that if anyone ACTUALLY met your mother in REAL LIFE they would treat her with respect. A "your mother" joke can NOT be offensive if the people havent even met your mother. Thats what i was telling you to stop crying about
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitimeFri 03 Dec 2010, 2:54 pm

The fact that yall would check this before anything i rec blows me away!!! Seriously is there really a doubt in your mind that this might not be crap. And I actually know this from being subjected to it by wifey who kinda like nicki. but as for me, I'd rather ram spears through my ears than to put this album on. Hopefully she won't play it again in my presence, unfortunately I think I may end up hearing it again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"   Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nicki Minaj "Pink Friday"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next