Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sheep - From the Black Pool of Geinus

Go down 
+2
Alan
Jack of Spades
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Black Sheep - From the Black Pool of Geinus Empty
PostSubject: Black Sheep - From the Black Pool of Geinus   Black Sheep - From the Black Pool of Geinus Icon_minitimeSun 21 Nov 2010, 10:23 am

Technicaly, this is a Dres solo but he decided to keep the Black Sheep brand and for good reason. People have been starving for more Black Sheep since Non-Fiction (and I don't count 8mm as that seemed to be a rushed project just to release an album, plus nobody knew it even existed). But this new release is very different as Dres brings back the formula that so many of his fans have come to love.

Black Sheep hasen't sounded this good since A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing as most of the songs remind me very much of that album (the style). The gem of the album is "Reason to Pray", whic has a great beat and uplifting lyrics. This is definately a more mature Dres, who still sounds great on the mic. Another great song is the Native Tounge reunion of sorts featuring Trugoy, Mike Gee, and Q-Tip. It's good to see that Dres hasen't forgotten his roots.

A couple of the songs are forgettable (such as the one with Rosie Perez, who sounds absolutely terrible on the hook) but the rest of the album balances nicely. I give it a solid 4 stars with high replay value. Black Sheep fans need to cop this!