Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Empty
PostSubject: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:38 pm

Well if Twista was younger and from the south he would be Yelawolf. The influence is very obviously there but at least its a good thing and worked for him. This album is well produced for the direction he was going with the album title. This is pure riding music with some rapid fire lyricism sprinkled throughout. Just like Do or Die and Twista use to do.

I can give it a 3.75 easily after one listen.

Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Trunk-muzik-0-60
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 10:50 pm

I don't get the Twista comparison, but this is a banging ass cd. 4.5 for me.

Yes, Yela raps fast, but he's far more Andre 3000 flow wise than Twista.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:02 pm

Jeff wrote:
I don't get the Twista comparison, but this is a banging ass cd. 4.5 for me.

Yes, Yela raps fast, but he's far more Andre 3000 flow wise than Twista.

You must be denial or something. Even his production is post Aderenaline Rush to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:04 pm

Twista went from Legendary Traxster to Kanye R n B to whatever is hot at the moment production... to the effect Twista has been dick riding southern popular beats I agree his production could be similar to the one yelawolf rides. I personally saw no real similarities between them other than they rap fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:04 pm

also... any andre 3000 comparison are just as ludacris...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:18 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Twista went from Legendary Traxster to Kanye R n B to whatever is hot at the moment production... to the effect Twista has been dick riding southern popular beats I agree his production could be similar to the one yelawolf rides. I personally saw no real similarities between them other than they rap fast.

I worded my statement incorrectly maybe. I meant this album has an AD sound. Not this one sounds like Twista post AD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:21 pm

hmmm... I only heard this one once... but I didn't get any automatic comparisons to AD. AD is my favorite Twista album easily...do you mean by the structure? Or the production itself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:25 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
hmmm... I only heard this one once... but I didn't get any automatic comparisons to AD. AD is my favorite Twista album easily...do you mean by the structure? Or the production itself?

I mean by the production and his delivery. He just reminds me of Twista period. But it all does not matter I still give him props. A rookie i'm proud is repping for the culture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeSun 05 Dec 2010, 11:35 pm

Yeah... I actually got my rating close to yours... that white chick voice in that gucci mane song is just plain corny... can't bump that joint at all...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:12 am

Adrenaline Rush has dark menacing beats, this shit is post Organized Noise other than one song that has a dark vibe...but regardless, I'm glad you like it.

And again, I was think he sounds like Andre in the way that he flows and over-enunciates even at obscene speeds. Not saying they sound alike vocally. I just meant I think that's where a lot of his influence comes from. A lot of people think he sounds like Eminem (naturally lol) so I think people hear something original and are just trying to compare it to something.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:18 am

In the sense that Yela raps fast, I can see the Twista comparison, but Twista's calling card is how fast he raps. I don't think that is Yela's "thing". The way he adapts his flow to the specific beat is what makes him stand out. I just don't see Twista doing that with any regularity. In all honesty, i think that is where Jeff gets the Andre comparison, both seem to have the ability to adapt to any beat while still putting their signature stamp on the track if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Dec 2010, 10:19 am

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60   Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yelawolf Trunk Muzik 0-60
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: