Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dope Midwest Shit Day 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Empty
PostSubject: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 3:41 pm

This is a motherfucking Chicago classic, REAL gangster rap. DA Smart-Walk Wit Me (from the 1997 EP of the same name).

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 3:52 pm

legendary traxster right? why did he never drop an album?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeWed 08 Dec 2010, 3:54 pm

DA Smart has dropped a few cds, and Traxter didn't do this one. This was the song that blew DA up before he even met Traxx.

His cds are on TheTip, Cd Baby, and Cwal Mob. His newest one (Nation Business) is on amazon directly as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 10:36 am

I would think KRob and cats like Yogi and B.Shaw would love this...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 10:58 am

I 4got to check it yesterday. I will when I get home today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 11:29 am

Have you heard DA before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 1:58 pm

Jeff wrote:
Have you heard DA before?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 6:11 pm

I had never heard of him either. Really good track, great delivery/flow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 6:55 pm

DA Smart is the man. If you like this song, I would at the very least d/l some of his other shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

He's repping for the city. He's str8. Nice flow and delivery like Shaw said. Nothing about him makes me want to dig deeper into discog. Kinda of a been there done that with rappers like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:07 pm

this is chi-town classic... lsot some point not knowing this kev... when you leave the chi?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:12 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
this is chi-town classic... lsot some point not knowing this kev... when you leave the chi?

I don't look for every and anything to listen too. Plus a lot of Chitown/Gary, and surrounding area rappers are basically on the same tip so I do not rush to check for them. I left Chi in late '92. But I go back whenever I can. And none of my boys are talking about cats like him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:22 pm

Everytime I bring up a Chicago rapper you say you've never heard of them...just saying...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:34 pm

Jeff wrote:
Everytime I bring up a Chicago rapper you say you've never heard of them...just saying...

Did you not just read what I said?...just saying. Plus thats a lie. I may not own their discog or something but I have heard of plenty.

Just because they are from Chicago does not always mean I am excited about hearing them. A lot of underground Chitown cats are on the same style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:35 pm

Right, I was just saying I don't understand why you don't check out people from your neck of the woods.

And comparing DA Smart to Too $hort is like comparing Big Mike to Willie D.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:37 pm

Jeff wrote:
Right, I was just saying I don't understand why you don't check out people from your neck of the woods.

Huh? What does this have to do with anything?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:42 pm

Jeff wrote:

Plus I live in GA now and as you know chitown rappers are not the buzz around here. And like I said cats I know up there are not hollering about anyone to spark my interest.

Just ask the real question why I do not check out rappers you want me to check out. Unlike you I do not have my ear to every gangsta rapper or rapper period who happens to have a ep, lp, or whatever out. Thats what you mofo's are here for...lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 10:01 pm

No kevin, we are suprised because this is a major Chi-town hit that almost any rap fan from the chi has heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 10:05 pm

LOL, my bad man. I misread your post. You typed "like Shaw said" I misread it as you calling DA Smart similar to Todd Shaw. Completely my bad.

And yeah, I was just saying this was a city anthem for a time being...I assumd you'd heard it.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 11:14 am

I'm a Chicagoan born and raised, I lived on the north/south/west side, and I never heard of this cat..

He almost sounds like Twista a little bit, but I'm like Kevin if I didn't hear it while living in Chicago then at the time he wasn't hitting.. Either way, its some good 90"s midwest ish..

Peace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 10:20 pm

Seriously? I heard this dude up in Iowa...that's crazy to me. Do you check for CWAL Mob and those kinds of cats, Perez? You don't seem to check for the gangster shit, all due respect, of course...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 11:02 pm

LOL...Vic.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 11:04 pm

this is a tight track, good samples used, and he can rap
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 12:47 am

Jeff wrote:
Seriously? I heard this dude up in Iowa...that's crazy to me. Do you check for CWAL Mob and those kinds of cats, Perez? You don't seem to check for the gangster shit, all due respect, of course...

Lol.. No disrepsect at all Jeff, I can understand you questioning my taste of music...

I may favor my Hip Hop/Jazz ish, but before I was into the smooth ish, I was into the Gangster shit. Actually my first album I ever recorded was a gangster album, I must of shot atleast 20 cops in that album..lol.. As for CWAL Mob, I am familiar with them, I use to party with Ec Illa back in day before he was affiliated with them, and he intorduce me to a bunch of those cats..

Peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dope Midwest Shit Day 3   Dope Midwest Shit Day 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dope Midwest Shit Day 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Topic of the Day-
Jump to: