Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How's it aging? Day 1.

Go down 
+2
parker lewis
E. Taylor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

How's it aging?  Day 1. Empty
PostSubject: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:18 am

I want to get some takes on some albums that were highly praised when they were new. What's your opinion on them now, have you dropped your initial ranking for the album or is it still going strong? First album:

Almighty "Original Sin"

This one started off as a 4.5 album to me and after a recent spin, i've gotta believe it's still right there. Production is nasty and all the emcees bring it. One of the best Wu affiliate albums ever made IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 9:36 am

great thread idea... i'll be back with my thoughts later today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 10:56 am

I only listened to this cd once. Need to revisit.

And I agree this is a good idea. But Taylor is the originator of this daily thread shit.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeThu 09 Dec 2010, 11:59 am

The originator, I like it, lol.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 10:25 am

I only just got into this a few months ago. Personally, I feel that Bronze has been largely overrated for most of his short ass career. This album is about what I'd come to expect from him. The emcees deliver. 4 stars, but my opinion doesn't reflect any aging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 11:25 am

Forgot to come back to this one. C Rayz Walz!!!

That's how this CD aged. I feel he stole the show completely and I was just waiting for his verse on each song. I am a C Rayz Walz fan, but I do think his energy overshadows all the other emcees.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeFri 10 Dec 2010, 11:33 am

Co-sign on C Rayz Walz. He was the star of the album, and this album made me dig deeper into his solo discog.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 3:18 am

I cosign everything said about this album. I'm a big fan of Bronze, he's one of my favorite Wu producers, although he's far, far behind RZA.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 3:24 am

Victor Shade wrote:
I cosign everything said about this album. I'm a big fan of Bronze, he's one of my favorite Wu producers, although he's far, far behind RZA.

that is an understatement
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 3:52 pm

I picked this one up on a rec from white Steven....when I originally got it I had it at about 4 stars and it has since dropped to about 3.5 stars....there is some good production on this cd and the lyrics here are above average but IMO there is absolutely nothing that stands out on this cd....there is nothing memorable about it.....

3.5 stars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's it aging? Day 1.   How's it aging?  Day 1. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How's it aging? Day 1.
Page 1 of 1