Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How's it ageing? day 3

Go down 
+4
Shaun
parker lewis
PKT
E. Taylor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

How's it ageing? day 3 Empty
PostSubject: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 8:08 am

Gotta move out of the East Coast today so that keep a good variety. How's this one ageing?

K-Rino "Blood Doctrine"

I have admittedly slept on this album so i'm interested to see how people that liked this album feel about it now that it's aged a little bit.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 8:59 am

Good topic of the day idea, but cannot answer to that guestion, because I heard that album first time about 1 week ago.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 9:48 am

I don't listen to this album enough, but if you're a K-Rino fan his albums don't really get old. He does what he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 11:01 am

Yeah K-Rino albums do not have mega replay value. They are best to me when I let some gap fall between listens and I get in the mood for one of htem. Then they always sound so fresh.

This one is still not all that like some posters feel. But I still enjoy the album when I play it. I do not play it that often though. I don't remember what I intially rated it.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 3:01 pm

5 stars... My second favorite K-Rino album
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 5:02 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Yeah K-Rino albums do not have mega replay value. They are best to me when I let some gap fall between listens and I get in the mood for one of htem. Then they always sound so fresh.

not trying to be a dick but the bold statement and the underline statement completely contradict themselves. if it sounds fresh after letting it sit for a while an you play it again that means it has replay value to you. If it did not you would either a) not play it or b) it wouldnt sound fresh...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 5:06 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

not trying to be a dick but the bold statement and the underline statement completely contradict themselves. if it sounds fresh after letting it sit for a while an you play it again that means it has replay value to you. If it did not you would either a) not play it or b) it wouldnt sound fresh...

Who are you the statement police? I mean fa real.

For me replay value is an almost consistant or more frequent rotation or play. I do not consistantly rotate this album into my play list if you will. So when I do finally put it in it sounds fresh. Is that okay with you? I also stated I have to be in a mood for them. I have some albums I do not have to be a mood for and a lot of his albums do not fall in that catergory. Is that okay?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 5:11 pm

KRob TheRapGod wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Who are you the statement police? I mean fa real.

For me replay value is an almost consistant or more frequent rotation or play. I do not consistantly rotate this album into my play list if you will. So when I do finally put it in it sounds fresh. Is that okay with you? I also stated I have to be in a mood for them. I have some albums I do not have to be a mood for and a lot of his albums do not fall in that catergory. Is that okay?

lol, im not telling you whats OK and whats not im just telling you how most people would define replay value, nothing more nothing less. If you own 500+ albums realistically there is maybe only 10 albums you can actually CONSTANTLY rotate. An album that loses replay value is one that sounds worse off subsequent listens, not one that still sounds fresh.

no need to get your panties in a bunch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 6:21 pm

Well basically i'm saying fudge how you define replay value. I stated what I defined for replay value. Replay value can have more variation than you either play it or don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 6:25 pm

Kevin has a history of criticizing k-rino albums after everyone started peeping em - and all started with this one...lol

The only reason this album may not get as many spins as time goes is because K-Rino has just gotten better and better dropping dope album after dope album. One could make the argument it started with Time Traveler.... but K has been the most consistent and dope rapper of the past decade and the one we just started.

This still holds classic status to me, but it is a very political strong album whereas I feel K found a better balance on SC and AOTEM.

And yes, I know I sound like a complete fan boy and I am, but you can't deny the dopeness.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 6:27 pm

"And yes, I know I sound like a complete fan boy and I am, but you can't deny the dopeness. "

Unless you're KJ or Powell. Or Norf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 6:29 pm

or Highsmith
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 7:09 pm

I have always had that relationship with Rino albums. And I totally agree with you that he is getting better and better album wise. No problems with the guy. I may not agree with the classic album ratings you guys feel but they are all dope to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 8:02 pm

I understand your points kev. But before anyone had peeped him you used to big up K and rec him every chance you got... and after he won over some fans you seem to be pointing out his flaws more often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 8:20 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
I understand your points kev. But before anyone had peeped him you used to big up K and rec him every chance you got... and after he won over some fans you seem to be pointing out his flaws more often.

Well sometimes I feel you guys overhype some of his stuff a tad. And I guess I worry that someone new to Rino would expect to much instead of just listening to it. Something like that. But I always remember Rino has only one weak album to me and that was the self titled one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 9:10 pm

still strange to think we started a new decade this year
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 2:41 pm

Damn Slang, i never even thought about that, lol.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 3:40 pm

How's it ageing? day 3 222431
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 3:49 pm

You don't need our permission to nap, we understand with your age you need all the rest you can get.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 3:52 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
You don't need our permission to nap, we understand with your age you need all the rest you can get.

thanks mane, then I'll just continue on my way then I appreciate your support regarding this Pedro:

How's it ageing? day 3 222431 How's it ageing? day 3 222431
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 5:30 pm

Still classic and Rino's best album IMO.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 7:25 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KRob TheRapGod wrote:

Actually, Kev's description sounds right on to me. I don't often play this album, but when I do, it's always a great listen like the day I bought it. Some artists are just like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

Shaun wrote:
"And yes, I know I sound like a complete fan boy and I am, but you can't deny the dopeness. "

Fuck outta here with that bullshit, toddler!

Now, back to my nap How's it ageing? day 3 222431

Last edited by Big Daddy Kool on Tue 14 Dec 2010, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 9:16 pm

Big Daddy Kool wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Fuck outta here with that bullshit, toddler!

Haha yeah what a fucking toddler
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 10:42 pm

I was saying that you deny the dopeness, good sir. I don't see how that's disrespectful at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How's it ageing? day 3   How's it ageing? day 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How's it ageing? day 3
Page 1 of 1