Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goldie - Timeless

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Goldie - Timeless Empty
PostSubject: Goldie - Timeless   Goldie - Timeless Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010, 8:06 pm

Goldie, not to be confused with Goldie Hawn, is one of the forerunners of the DnB/jungle genres. He hit the highest point in his career with this album and everything that has been done in both genres has been measured up to this album.

Timeless is to DnB/jungle as Paid In Full is to hiphop. Groundbreaking for its time and is viewed as the golden standard (in most cases) for its respective genre. Both albums have achieved cult figure status.

While many albums titles never seem to truly captivate the essence of an album this is an exception. This album can certainly hold the claim to being timeless in every sense of the word.

Listening to this album is akin to a spiritual experience of sorts. While not all of these songs are highly complex on the surface they have a drawing power that seemingly sucks you into its realm. This album is like the soundscape of a troubled mind. Each has a personality of its own and evokes a different emotion from the listener.

In the end afters several listens I'd give it a 4.6 or so. Conceptually it could be a 5 start album but several songs fall just short of the next level of dope. This album is starkly different from the last review I did (M-Beat - Knowledge) and will be more in line of the next set of reviews I do.

On this forum I don't have a lot to offer. I don't know anything or have any recs that aren't already widely known. Sure I can be a chatbox regular or talk about sports for days but I suppose this is my little niche. My goal of these reviews is to make someone think about something differently, help broaden someone's musical appreciation, or even turn someone into a fan. If I can get one person to do one of those 3 things I feel like my place in this forum is justified. If not then I'm not of much use. Sad

Here are some of the highlights of the album

Innercity Life (which is part of a 21 minute song to start off the album...21!!!)

State of Mind (hiphop vibes)

Sea of Tears (emotionally moving)

Angel

You and Me

Enjoy
^_^
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Goldie - Timeless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldie - Timeless   Goldie - Timeless Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 7:32 pm

http://www.doctv.gr/page.aspx?itemID=SPG390

Cool interview with the man behind the movement.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Goldie - Timeless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldie - Timeless   Goldie - Timeless Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 7:52 pm

Wow....Goldie

I haven't heard anything about him in years, but I remember in like 2001 a few of my buddies that were into Techno/Electronica always pronounced Goldie as the king of DnB.

I want to say the album my buddy had was "Saturnz Return". It was a double album. From my recollection, it was quite good for what it was; but didn't do much for this listener.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

Goldie - Timeless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldie - Timeless   Goldie - Timeless Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:28 pm

Yeah he's certainly the forerunner of the genre. I haven't checked out Saturnz Return but if you say its alright I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goldie - Timeless Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldie - Timeless   Goldie - Timeless Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goldie - Timeless
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: