Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4hero - Two Pages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

4hero - Two Pages Empty
PostSubject: 4hero - Two Pages   4hero - Two Pages Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2010, 2:11 pm

Disc 2 of this double album, titled Page 2 is a fucking disaster. Its a complete slap in the face to the first disc and is filler as for as I'm concerned.

Now that I've said that, if you look at disc 1, titled Page 1, of this double album, you can't help but but be blown away. I realize I tend to exaggerate quite a bit in my reviews in addition to drawing lofty comparisons but I only mean well. It really brings me joy to share some of my personal favorites to you all. I feel that if I don't tell you all about some of these albums that you will never stumble upon them (being that its outside the realms of hiphop and most of yalls' comfort zones).

Moving on, Page 1 of this double album is the breakbeat/Nu Jazz equivalent to Illmatic. Every single song of that disc is 5 stars and each takes on a personality of its own. Even with the pathetic excuse of the second disc, this album is held in very high regard and has received rave reviews around the world.

4hero, like Jamiroquai, have changed their sound from album to album making labeling them to a specific genre quite difficult. Don't let that dter you from checking them out as it just means they are a progressive, forward-thinking group.

The percussion and the vocals are on point throughout the disc and their is rarely a dull moment.

Before I jump into specific songs in this album let me share this nugget. This song is their most famous song and perhaps one of the most beautiful works I've ever heard. Though its not on this album it gives you a peek into what this group really is about.

Les Fleur

Now on to the standout tracks....

Loveless (a spoken word Benini sculpture)

Escape That

Cosmic Tree (percussion if insane)

Star Chasers

Universal Reprise (the only true DnB song on the disc)

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

4hero - Two Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4hero - Two Pages   4hero - Two Pages Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 7:36 pm

Billups
4hero - Two Pages 433175926_f93a2ea7fd

Dego (member of 4hero)
4hero - Two Pages Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZvs1Kl7tU73XNSAJdf9qRgwIxoMcbY6w3KyHke3wY_LIeH8F4

Striking similarities.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

4hero - Two Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4hero - Two Pages   4hero - Two Pages Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:21 pm

Hey, thanks for bumping this thread, I couldn't find it and wanted to check this album out.
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

4hero - Two Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4hero - Two Pages   4hero - Two Pages Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:29 pm

It seems like the forum avoids my reviews like the plague lol. No problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4hero - Two Pages Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4hero - Two Pages   4hero - Two Pages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4hero - Two Pages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: