Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)

Go down 
+8
Half
Myestro
parker lewis
E. Taylor
Laced With Slang
Cory
T. Myers
Tic706
12 posters

Chino XL vs. Ill Bill
Chino XL
GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Vote_lcap40%GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Ill Bill
GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Vote_lcap60%GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Empty
PostSubject: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:20 pm

GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Chinoxl

vs.

GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Ill_bill_main_journal_pic
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:24 pm

Ill Bill quite easily for this listener.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:28 pm

I'll bill by 2000 tupacs
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:46 pm

Chino XL mostly on the strength of Kreep.

Kreep (Single version)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything Ill Bill has done solo wise
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:54 pm

DAMN, best matchup of the day...although Chino may have more "pure" mic skills, Ill Bill is the better artist and is crazy dope. WWIB and The Future is Now are also basically classics to me
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm

When you look at Ill Bill's discog, i don't really see how people can pick Chino over him. Chino has more lyrical ability, but what good does that do him if he is inconsistent(at least from what i've heard). Bill has at least 5 albums at 4 stars or better IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:00 pm

I can't get into Bill solo wise. He's on that same level as Paz with me. I know he's dope and I want to like him but solo wise its just too much. But I have honestly only heard and own Hour Of Repraisal. I need to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:04 pm

I know you like the LCN album but i can't see you liking The Future is now or The Circle Of Tyrants too much. You should at least give them a chance though.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:10 pm

I love "Hour Of Reprisal. Ill Bill all day.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

Kevin, Ill Bill Is The Future Vol 2 is the album you need to hear.

I vote Bill, but only because Chino's albums can't compete.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:42 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Kevin, Ill Bill Is The Future Vol 2 is the album you need to hear.

I vote Bill, but only because Chino's albums can't compete.

Same. It pains me to do so, too, since I really dig Chino. But based on the overall, which includes strength of their albums, Ill Bill gets the edge.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:46 pm

My Ill Bill exposure is quite limited so I really can't vote. But if you guys are saying that Ill Bill has an album better than Here To Save You All I need to listen to it immediately.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:50 pm

Half wrote:
My Ill Bill exposure is quite limited so I really can't vote. But if you guys are saying that Ill Bill has an album better than Here To Save You All I need to listen to it immediately.

wel you have The Future is Now Right? if not get that.

Then id say get Whats Wrong With Bill? immediately. Most people here will say Hour of Reprisal, but Bill;s style on WWIB is much doper to me and Necro's production kills the production of HOR. Also, i think we like similar types of rap so id get WWIB. The mixtapes he has are also good from the ones i heard.

Parker did anyone ever find the OG version of those tapes Jeff was talkin about in that old thread?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:51 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Half wrote:

wel you have The Future is Now Right? if not get that.

Then id say get Whats Wrong With Bill? immediately. Most people here will say Hour of Reprisal, but Bill;s style on WWIB is much doper to me and Necro's production kills the production of HOR. Also, i think we like similar types of rap so id get WWIB. The mixtapes he has are also good from the ones i heard.

Parker did anyone ever find the OG version of those tapes Jeff was talkin about in that old thread?

Yeah I have a physical of The Future Is Now, but I don't have any Ill Bill solos.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm

Half wrote:

Personally, I don't think Bill has an album that's better than Here To Save You All. Just that his overall discog is more consistent, whereas Chino's is up and down. That's just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeWed 05 Jan 2011, 11:56 pm

I thought most people thought WWWB was better than HOR. I also love The Circle Of Tyrants album.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 12:06 am

T. Myers wrote:
I thought most people thought WWWB was better than HOR. I also love The Circle Of Tyrants album.

Like I said, that's my opinion. We should all know by now that I'm not most people.

And I love The Circle of Tyrants album also, but it's not an Ill Bill solo.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 12:08 am

Myestro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Like I said, that's my opinion. We should all know by now that I'm not most people.

i was responding to Slang saying most people here will say Hour Of Reprisal.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 12:13 am

T. Myers wrote:
Myestro wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

i was responding to Slang saying most people here will say Hour Of Reprisal.

Ah, my bad.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 4:11 am

Chino>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 10:18 am

Although I really dig HOR, LCN, I'ma go with Chino.. I just reach for Chino stuff more then Bill's..

Peace
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 12:47 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Ill Bill quite easily for this listener.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Jan 2011, 11:23 am

Ill Bill based mainly on the strength of his catalog.....Chino is much better lyrically....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)   GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUR Tourney Round 1: Chino XL vs. Ill Bill (B1)
Page 1 of 1