Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hood Scriptures

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 06 Jan 2011, 7:48 am

Hood Scriptures by Shabazz the Disciple & DJ Etremedes is a straight triumph. This is the Shabazz album fans been waiting for for over 15 years. This is pretty much a flawless album, hell the only gripe I have is the title name-HOOD SCRIPTURES. IDK, it sound like the name of a SUNZ OF MAN demo tape of '94, and also Foxy Brown has a single called Hood Scriptures. Book Of Shabazz-Hidden Scrollz was great but that was not an official album, just a collection of his works. This here is a hot steaming four course meal. Don't be detered by the fact a DJs name is attached to the project--this is not a mixtape or tangent album. Aceyalone's book Of Human Language also has a DJ's name attached to it and its still looked at as an official solo project. Speaking of solo, with the exception of a collab track with the Sunz Of Man, Shabazz flies completely solo as far as the vocals. Shabazz comes out with all guns blazing, he has not lost any velocity since Dairy Of A Madman. Speaking of which he does a sequel to DOAMM using the same beat (mixed up a little bit) were he fuckin' murders it. Shit, that song alone is worth getting this album. And Shabazz murders all the tracks here. Shabazz has always been my favorite Killah Bee, but after this he's now in my top 10 MCs of all time. Its a shame he will always be looked at as a killah bee Wu-affiliate rather than an mc on his own merit.

Shabazz is a rare talent in the rap game. He doesn't use punchlines, his lyrics are an adrenaline rush of emotions. He can harmonize better than Bone Thugs, and is one of the best song writers in the game. He rides the beat like a pro, and can switch his flow on the fly. Throughout the LP he constantly switches things up to keep you enthralled. As far as subject matter he gets neck deep in UFO theories, the Anti Christ, Government mind control, the apocolyspe, planet X and all that fun stuff. He's not gonna win any new friends with this album cause he pretty much puts flames to the establishment. In one song he blatantly says FUCK AMERICA--very bold. He dishes alot of heavy soup and seems to believe every word he says. As far as production these tracks sound like a cross between Sunz Of Man and Army Of The Pharaohs type of melodies. Nobody should be disappointed in the soundscape here. Even the pacing of the album from track to track is smooth and flawless. Also there are a lot of skits and interludes but they are nice to listen and have their own beats. I particularly like "Jewels" were he's talking to his own children. And face it this album need 1 minutes intermissions in between the heavy mental Bazz is pouring all over you.

Hood Scriptures ShabazzHoodScript
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 12:23 pm

BUMP. This is prolly my best review.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

Got this off iTunes yesterday after your rec. I listened to the first few songs before crashing out. Dope stuff, I'll finish it today when I get home.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

I hope Shabazz never gets mainstream luv or he will lose one of his biggest fans.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 8:37 pm

Not if he keeps his sound and just happens to get the attention.

If he switches his style up to get mainstream attention then he won't be making the same music anymore. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 8:45 pm

How come you never wanna talk about how nobody hates on Nas over his fame? Doesn't really fit your bullshit thesis, does it?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:26 pm

parker lewis wrote:
How come you never wanna talk about how nobody hates on Nas over his fame? Doesn't really fit your bullshit thesis, does it?

Actually plenty of geek turds hate on Nas success. I'm sure you know some of these Illmatic snobs that say he sold out. Even though I was not talking to you, you still felt the need to say something...hmmm seems like the real slim shady did stand up.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:27 pm

Yea, you're right. We don't have a running dialogue on the subject, do we?
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:30 pm

Its hard for people to believe that mainstream albums deserve criticism. Nas among others made it in the mainstream, and yeah, nobody really disses Nas cause he's good. But even still Nas music don't get radio airplay no where near on the level of 2 Chainz. Tic youre being a hypocrite like Steve. You know radio doesn't accept anything remotely pro-black or anti-money or anti-drugs. You know there are a lot of teeny bopper girls who think Justin Beiber is cute whose not gonna wanna hear anything about harsh reality.

Anywhoo, Bazz has made some radio-friendly songs, but they are like BK Anthems like Brooklyn Niggaz and Red Hook Day. No lovey dovey R&B shit
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 9:38 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing GayDot make an appearance on The Coast.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 10:03 pm

parker lewis wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing GayDot make an appearance on The Coast.

My new Coast comic is about the GKMC hysteria. It should be loaded up by this weekend. Lets just say Sealy ain't amused.

Speaking on Shabazz. Rappers like him have no chance of breakin' in the mainstream and he knows it so why would he waste his time with Auto-tune. But the DJ Etremedes the guy who did his beats is a Canadian DJ who also produces for a Canadian rapper named Gem-N-eye. I started a thread on him but it got no response.

Heres a joint with Gemineye and Shabazz:
Back to top Go down
SteveT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2012, 10:10 pm

that white guy kills an amazing beat. great subject matter though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hood Scriptures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hood Scriptures   Hood Scriptures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hood Scriptures
Page 1 of 1