Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse

Go down 
+5
D.Powell
Highsmith
Myestro
KJ Styles
Tic706
9 posters

The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse
The Godfather
Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Vote_lcap44%Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
NWA & The Posse
Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Vote_lcap56%Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Empty
PostSubject: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011, 7:06 pm

Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse 62192

vs.

Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse N.w.a

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011, 7:28 pm

Who voted for Spoon G over NWA? GTFOH!

NWA wins.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011, 8:15 pm

I can honestly see why someone would do that Kev. NWA & The Posse was a 3.5 star album at best. Since I never heard the Spoonie G album as a whole I won't vote.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeMon 14 Feb 2011, 9:00 pm

Both are about equal to me. I'll give the slight edge to NWA & The Posse.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 3:38 am

NWA
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 3:39 pm

Spoonie Gee easily....that N.W.A.and the Posse album was some weak IMO!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 4:01 pm

A Bitch Is A Bitch, Dopeman, and Boyz N The Hood alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spoonie G's existance, let alone album.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 7:25 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
A Bitch Is A Bitch, Dopeman, and Boyz N The Hood alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spoonie G's existance, let alone album.

and this is coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about Spoonie Gee.....lmao

how much Spoonie Gee have you honestly heard Kev??? that's what I thought mane Get The Fuck Out

those 3 songs from that N.W.A album are classic but overall that album was weak....I thought most hip-hop heads already knew this lil tid bit....lol

even that damn album cover is suspect mane...lol
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 8:52 pm

D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

and this is coming from someone who knows absolutely nothing about Spoonie Gee.....lmao

how much Spoonie Gee have you honestly heard Kev??? that's what I thought mane Get The Fuck Out

those 3 songs from that N.W.A album are classic but overall that album was weak....I thought most hip-hop heads already knew this lil tid bit....lol

Yeah I don't know much about ole Spoonie except he has a corny ass name and he was apart of the Treachous 3 or something like that. I also have heard like two of his songs they were lmao for the most part. I never heard this album but i'm sure NWA's is better.

Also I know this is NWA's weakest album easily so i'm not trying to over hype or anything. But real is real and Spoons has no chance...lol.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeTue 15 Feb 2011, 10:06 pm

NWA
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 10:56 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Yeah I don't know much about ole Spoonie except he has a corny ass name and he was apart of the Treachous 3 or something like that. I also have heard like two of his songs they were lmao for the most part. I never heard this album but i'm sure NWA's is better.

Also I know this is NWA's weakest album easily so i'm not trying to over hype or anything. But real is real and Spoons has no chance...lol.

Ummm Kev just for the record Spoonie Gee was never a part of the Treacherous Three my dude...that was Kool Moe Dee....L.A. Sunshine and Special K (who is T La Rock's brother) so you definitely don't know much about Spoonie Gee...lol

I think you're basing your decision on N.W.A.'s career as a whole which is obviously no competition....N.W.A.'s overall catalog is killing Spoonie Gee's...but as for this album from them the shit was weak....plain and simple man.....both Spoonie Gee and N.W.A. are legends let's tell that one upfront...N.W.A. is leaps and bounds better and they obviously began that run with Straight Outta Compton, not with this garbage....lol!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:00 am

D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Ummm Kev just for the record Spoonie Gee was never a part of the Treacherous Three my dude...that was Kool Moe Dee....L.A. Sunshine and Special K (who is T La Rock's brother) so you definitely don't know much about Spoonie Gee...lol

I think you're basing your decision on N.W.A.'s career as a whole which is obviously no competition....N.W.A.'s overall catalog is killing Spoonie Gee's...but as for this album from them the shit was weak....plain and simple man.....both Spoonie Gee and N.W.A. are legends let's tell that one upfront...N.W.A. is leaps and bounds better and they obviously began that run with Straight Outta Compton, not with this garbage....lol!

I remember hearing different. I remember Kool Moe Dee saying him and Spoons were in a grp together in his book or something to that effect. Well either way Spoons is better for cereal not rap music.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:07 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treacherous_Three

read the wiki above my dude!

Spoonie Gee influenced Kool G Rap, Slick Rick, Jay-Z, Big Daddy Kane, Masta Ace, Special Ed, and countless others...one of the original Harlem emcees...corny name or not...shit all of the names back then were kinda corny mane...lol...I mean is Eazy-E or MC Ren that dope??? lol....and how about Willie D?? LMAOOOOO

oh and:

Spoonie Gee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wil-lay "Damn" D...but about 20,000 football fields my dude....lol
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 11:10 am

so he helped to found the Treacherous Three but moved on before any recordings (outside of one I think but he was listed as a featured artist, not a group member) were made....that group as a recording group did not contain him
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 1:27 pm

D.Powell wrote:
so he helped to found the Treacherous Three but moved on before any recordings (outside of one I think but he was listed as a featured artist, not a group member) were made....that group as a recording group did not contain him

I knew it was something like that. Kool Moe talked about him like he was very important to the grp though. Thanks for the info my knowledge on the pioneers from that era is weak overall as far as deeper than the surface. But I am proud of the fact I did not use google to speak my piece. Hip Hop from the memory baby since 1987! Even when i'm wrong...lol.

And Willie D takes out Spoons like a pizza delivery joint.....by a lot!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:19 pm

Willie D is like Will Ferrell, he's straight as a supporting MC but GARBAGE on his own.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:33 pm

LOL, i love the Will Ferrell comparison.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

Spoonie G is like Hel Melvin without the Blue Notes he'll never go platinum.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 6:13 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:

That's HAROLD Melvin, and even if that's the case it's still better than Willie "Damn" Dennis, who went copper without Scarface.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 8:37 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

That's HAROLD Melvin, and even if that's the case it's still better than Willie "Damn" Dennis, who went copper without Scarface.

Well I bet Wille Muthafuckin D has sold more that Spoons. So if Will went copper Spoons went paper bag.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeWed 16 Feb 2011, 9:28 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Well I bet Wille Muthafuckin D has sold more that Spoons. So if Will went copper Spoons went paper bag.

Actually, that Spoonie Gee album is certified triple aluminum.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 1:48 am

That shit is straight plutonium, son
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitimeThu 17 Feb 2011, 11:13 am

Spoonie Gee. I heard him first time when I was playing San Andreas Big Grin

Even though Dopeman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse   Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album Of 1987 Round 2: The Godfather vs. NWA & The Posse
Page 1 of 1