Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 Tracks- Day 42

Go down 
+13
Half
PKT
Myestro
T. Myers
Shaun
Highsmith
TheHazardous
parker lewis
Tic706
Alan
Laced With Slang
thelundquist
KJ Styles
17 posters
AuthorMessage
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 6:52 pm

Today's featured artist is the Chi-Town assclown..........Kanye West!!!
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:03 pm

I don't like Kanye West, but there are maybe five songs I somewhat enjoy... lets see...

Spaceship
Two Words
Through the Wire
Power
Gorgeous
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 222431
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:16 pm

Kanye>>>>>>>>>>>>Most of the Wu-castoffs, a lot of them are boring for real.

Mr. West may not be the best lyricist but he's made some of the best post-2000 hip hop easily.

Jesus Walks
Get Em High
Touch The Sky
We Major
Never Let You Down
Flashing Lights
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:22 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 222431

Same here. But I think I'd rather listen to Kanye over a lot of the stuff Slang posts....no offense.

I do like "We Don't Care" quite a bit. All of The College Drop Out is decent I guess. Never really did like any of his other stuff nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:26 pm

I can understand why some people may not like Kanye, but boring is hardly a word I'd use to describe his music.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:27 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
I can understand why some people may not like Kanye, but boring is hardly a word I'd use to describe his music.

But it is a good word to describe his flow.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:41 pm

All Falls Down (number one easily)
We Don't Care
Everything I Am
Never Let Me Down
Diamonds (Remix)

He has so many i dig here's a 2nd string:

All Of The Lights
Touch The Sky
Gone
We Major
Devil In A New Dress

One of the best new artist of post 2000. Legend in the making Mr West.

Last edited by TicNitty706 on Fri 18 Feb 2011, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:44 pm

Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

No offense Alan but Slug flow is boring. Eyedea flow is boring. To me thats crazy to say Ye's flow is boring. Lacking lyrically? I can see.

On the real Ye should be praised just out of respect for being one of the very few that even slighty keeps mainstream rap music from being a joke. He keeps it alive.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:49 pm

That's your opinion, Kevin. Quite a few folks think Kanye's music is every bit as ridiculous as the rest of the radio...especially post-College Dropout.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 7:54 pm

parker lewis wrote:
That's your opinion, Kevin. Quite a few folks think Kanye's music is every bit as ridiculous as the rest of the radio...especially post-College Dropout.

Thats fact Parker. Only a stuborn stupid ass fucking ass mule (to whom that may concern) would think other wise. Ye is waay ahead of the lame pack mainstream wise. He constantly redefines his sound and music and he raps with true passion and insight. Respect due to the man. Whether you like his music or not. Folks need to step out of their little subjective box and look at the bigger fucking picture. Bizzo.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 8:00 pm

You're calling me a bitch, but you're the one who can't handle a difference of opinion without getting personal. What are you here for, to sit around complimenting each other for agreeing on everything, or to discuss alternate views?

That's twice in a row where you've taken a simple disagreement with me and went straight to name calling.

Fag
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 8:02 pm

Aight fellas, if you got a list post it. If not then shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 8:03 pm

parker lewis wrote:
You're calling me a bitch, but you're the one who can't handle a difference of opinion without getting personal. What are you here for, to sit around complimenting each other for agreeing on everything, or to discuss alternate views?

That's twice in a row where you've taken a simple disagreement with me and went straight to name calling.

Fag

Lol...my fault Parker L. I was just messing around. I seriously did not mean it with malice. I luv the disagreements. Please carry on my Slaine loving homie.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 8:07 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

No offense Alan but Slug flow is boring. Eyedea flow is boring. To me thats crazy to say Ye's flow is boring. Lacking lyrically? I can see.

On the real Ye should be praised just out of respect for being one of the very few that even slighty keeps mainstream rap music from being a joke. He keeps it alive.

I totally agree, Kev.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 8:28 pm

Spaceship
Drive Slow
Late
Can't Tell Me Nothing
Power
*Flashling Lights
*Last Call
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 8:33 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Completely tripping on that statement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 9:04 pm

Jesus Walks
Never Let Me Down
We Major
2 Words
Get Em High
Diamonds (Remix)
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 9:15 pm

Gone
Drive Slow
All Falls Down
Homecoming
Diamonds From Sierra Leone remix
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 10:31 pm

Never Let Me Down
Through The Wire
Jesus Walks
Homecoming
Big Brother
Diamonds From Sierra Leonne
Power
All Of The Lights
Stronger(even though Kanye West sampled Daft Punk like a clepto)
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 11:25 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Never Let Me Down
Through The Wire
Jesus Walks
Homecoming
Big Brother
Power
All Of The Lights

LOL you dropped 9 tracks, might as well have done 10.

Big Brother almost made my list too.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Feb 2011, 11:28 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Never Let Me Down
Through The Wire
Jesus Walks
Homecoming
Big Brother
Power
All Of The Lights

LOL you dropped 9 tracks, might as well have done 10.

Big Brother almost made my list too, it's my fav track from Graduation.

Damn, i thought i did list 10. All Falls Down should be on there too.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:47 am

Jesus Walks, though I prefer an instrumental version.

Other than that, I don't have a list. Kanye can E.A.D.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:09 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Slug does have a boring flow. Eyedea did not.

Mainstream rap already is a joke - it certainly doesn't need Kanye's help, even though he continually adds to the wackness. You will never convince me this guy isn't a joke. I barely consider his music hip-hop. Just pop music as far as I'm concerned. Mainstream is dead - accept it.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:11 pm

thelundquist wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Alan wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Completely tripping on that statement.

Indeed. He must have only heard maybe one Eyedea song in his life? Maybe?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

Eyedea always sounded like when stand-up comedians make fun of white people voices. I could never get into his stuff because of it. You know how Howard Stern talks about seeing someone do something that makes you feel embarrassed for them? I think he calls the feeling 'douche chills'. I get douche chills when I hear Eyedea.

I think Kevin's just trying to say that he doesn't like Eyedea because he sounds painfuly white on the mic. You'll have to excuse his miswording. He refuses to expand his vocabulary, so sometimes he can only come close to expressing the point he wants to make.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 1:30 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 1:39 pm

Kanye is doper than a lot of the cats that get bigged up around here. There weren't 5 albums that dropped last year better than MBDTF.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 3:56 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Kanye is doper than a lot of the cats that get bigged up around here. There weren't 5 albums that dropped last year better than MBDTF.

id rather bump about 10...

Dinner and a Movie, Sir Luscius, OJ Simpson, Stoney Jackson, Hopsin (Raw), Bastard (Tyler the Creator), Earl (Earl Sweatshirt), You Only Live Twice (MF Grimm), Kill Devil Hills, Gas Mask, Gutter Watter, Nineteen Neughty Now, How I Got Over, Remarkable Timing

i would rather bump all those over MBDTF
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 4:04 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

id rather bump about 10...

Dinner and a Movie, Sir Luscius, OJ Simpson, Stoney Jackson, Hopsin (Raw), Bastard (Tyler the Creator), Earl (Earl Sweatshirt), You Only Live Twice (MF Grimm), Kill Devil Hills, Gas Mask, Gutter Watter, Nineteen Neughty Now, How I Got Over, Remarkable Timing

i would rather bump all those over MBDTF

Not for nothin dude, but I heard you say fairly recently that you've never heard MBDTF in it's entirety.

I'm not gonna front and say that I've heard all the ones you just mentioned, but of the ones listed that I have heard, the only ones I like better are Sir Lucious and How I Got Over. Those two and Distant Relatives are my top 3, and then MBDTF.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 4:48 pm

Diamonds (late orchestration version) one of the best beats ever
Bring me down (Late orchestration version) one of the best beats ever too
Jesus walks (Late orchestration version)
Two words
Through the wire

Late orchestration might be my favorite album from him, musically it sounds so much better than his studio albums. Thanks for the orchestra.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 5:33 pm

KJ Styles wrote:

I've never heard MBDTF, and never will. I have no interest in Kanye, because he's NOT doper than a lot of the cats that get bigged up around here. See how opinions work? You keep trying to state yours as fact, when it's not. Maybe there are millions of people that agree with your opinion, but none of them post here, so that's irrelevant.

And here's some albums that dropped last year that I know for a fact I would like better than MBDTF even if I had heard it.

Nineteen Ninety Now
Between Heaven & Hell
Death Is Silent

That's 5 right there, but carrying on...

Kill Devil Hills
Body Of God
World Supremacy
The Final Conflict

Even Kraftwerk, and that's not Snowgoons' best effort, either.

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 8:56 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Eyedea always sounded like when stand-up comedians make fun of white people voices. I could never get into his stuff because of it. You know how Howard Stern talks about seeing someone do something that makes you feel embarrassed for them? I think he calls the feeling 'douche chills'. I get douche chills when I hear Eyedea.

I think Kevin's just trying to say that he doesn't like Eyedea because he sounds painfuly white on the mic. You'll have to excuse his miswording. He refuses to expand his vocabulary, so sometimes he can only come close to expressing the point he wants to make.

Mofo I do not need your str8 up and down clown ass to speak for me. You guys will have to excuse Parker. This is the only place he can discuss hip hop and practice his advanced vocab because he is able to type his words while googling them and looking in dictionarys. But in a face to face situation his stuttering and lameness hinders him from his verbal onslaught.

I haven't heard much Eyedea I was just taking a cheat shot at Pounds.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSat 19 Feb 2011, 10:19 pm

But, if you did hear a bunch of Eyedea, you wouldn't like him because of the whiteness... right?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 1:05 am

Myestro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I've never heard MBDTF, and never will. I have no interest in Kanye, because he's NOT doper than a lot of the cats that get bigged up around here. See how opinions work? You keep trying to state yours as fact, when it's not. Maybe there are millions of people that agree with your opinion, but none of them post here, so that's irrelevant.

And here's some albums that dropped last year that I know for a fact I would like better than MBDTF even if I had heard it.

Nineteen Ninety Now
Between Heaven & Hell
Death Is Silent

Kill Devil Hills
Body Of God
World Supremacy
The Final Conflict

None of them post here??? Well Kev for one agrees with my opinion of Kanye, as does Terry, Powell, Highsmith, and a number of others so you're wrong there....

Secondly, you're the definition of closed minded. Say what you will about me, but unlike you at least I give people an honest listen before passing judgement on them.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 2:02 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Myestro wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Nineteen Ninety Now
Between Heaven & Hell
Death Is Silent

Kill Devil Hills
Body Of God
World Supremacy
The Final Conflict

None of them post here??? Well Kev for one agrees with my opinion of Kanye, as does Terry, Powell, Highsmith, and a number of others so you're wrong there....

Secondly, you're the definition of closed minded. Say what you will about me, but unlike you at least I give people an honest listen before passing judgement on them.

How many albums does Kanye have out? I thought MBDTF was his most recent, not his debut. So, because I know that I don't like him, and don't want to waste my time on his newest album makes me closed-minded? So be it. You just like to put words in my mouth (or keyboard), to try and make your point. Keep going then, you're doing a splendid job.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 6:39 pm

"I'm not gonna front and say that I've heard all the ones you just mentioned, but of the ones listed that I have heard, the only ones I like better are Sir Lucious and How I Got Over. Those two and Distant Relatives are my top 3, and then MBDTF. "

Isn't that exactly what you accused Myestro of doing?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 7:03 pm

Family Business
Gone
Everything I Am
Through The Wire
GOOD Friday
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 11:25 pm

"Never Let Me Down"
"Spaceship"
"Through the Wire"
"All Falls Down"
"Touch the Sky"
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011, 11:38 pm

Spaceship
Slow Jamz
All Falls Down
Devil in a New Dress
Through the Wire
The Glory
Flashing Lights
Touch the Sky
Dark Fantasy
Graduation Day

Kanye is definitely one of my favorites doin it now...
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 11:07 am

Flashing Lights
Through The Wire
Slow Jamz
Heard 'Em Say
Dark Fantasy
Grammy Family

Last edited by D.Powell on Wed 23 Feb 2011, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 12:11 pm

We Major
The Good The Bad The Ugly
Get Em High
Gone
Everything I Am

Gorgeous*
Devil In A New Dress*
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Feb 2011, 6:22 pm

parker lewis wrote:

lmao @ douche chills

I don't really follow the reasoning/comparison, but I understand some don't like his voice.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 3:16 pm

Douche chills is the greatest name for that feeling. I know exactly what you mean, Parker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks- Day 42   Top 5 Tracks- Day 42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Tracks- Day 42
Page 1 of 1