Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.

Go down 
+6
KJ Styles
Shaun
Tic706
T. Myers
Myestro
Justin Linker
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Empty
PostSubject: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 11:10 pm

What do y'all think about these albums? I haven't really seen any elaboration from any of you on Pac's first 2 releases. They seem to be overlooked when talking about him.

Oh and what do y'all think about that Thug Life joint?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 11:32 pm

I'm not a big Pac fan, like most seem to be. But I love all three of those albums. I think that Thug Life joint is underrated. While some may love it, or even most, it's very rarely mentioned which is a shame.

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011, 11:34 pm

Strictly and Thug Life are both at least 4.5 star albums.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 12:23 am

Thuglife is a personal classic. I almost slept on that album back when it first dropped. Because it did not have no real promotion or singles out that I heard. I remember me and a friend debating about taking a chance and buying it. Our biggest problem was we were not sure how involved Pac was with the project and if he was on any trks. Looking at the cover did not tell us shit. So he bought the tape and let me just say I wish I would have got it..lol.

His 1st two albums were good especially for what they needed to be if that makes sense. I think they laid a great foundation and ground work for what we saw later. Those 2 albums is what make Me Against The World, All Eyes On Me, and the others so loved also. Because Pac evolved from those 1st 2 and got thru an important phase in his life. Which was discovering his style and swag. They are not classic in my book in the sense of a 5 star rating or personally. But they are very important to getting the big picture of Pac the artist and rebel.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 2:22 am

Strictly is a classic. Thug Life is close. 2Pacalypse now is 4-4.25. IMO.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

T. Myers wrote:
Strictly and Thug Life are both at least 4.5 star albums.
Back to top Go down
coloured penicillin
Jump!
Jump!
coloured penicillin

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 2:26 pm

Thug Life is def underrated, the use of Bootsy Collins "What's a Telephone Bill?" on the Str8 Ballin beat is genius.

2pacalypse Now was my first 2pac album and its crazy to see how he changed from a Martin Luther King Jr. type guy to a raging gang banger.
"Why is Martin Luther King in my book each week? He told blacks if they get smacked, turn the other cheek"
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 4:03 pm

I never got "raging gang banger" from Pac. I always got a more adapt to my surroundings Pac. Pac just had no problem being what his emotions wanted him to be at said time.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011, 7:35 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I never got "raging gang banger" from Pac. I always got a more adapt to my surroundings Pac. Pac just had no problem being what his emotions wanted him to be at said time.

I agree. I think that's what made him so endearing to millions of people.
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 6:14 pm

strictly is a 5 mic classic
pac went all out on that cd

2pacalypse now is a classic as well
a 19 year old droppin some knowledge
Back to top Go down
chingy > nas
Half Dolla
Half Dolla
chingy > nas

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 6:15 pm

thug life is another classic
i just wish there were a couple more tracks on the cd
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 4:47 pm

Istarrted a thread on both these albums on Steve's old site
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeSun 06 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

What did you say about them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitimeWed 09 Mar 2011, 9:46 pm

S4MN is still tight to this day, and so is 2PN. The Thug Life album is underrated, I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.   2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2Pacalypse Now and Strictly 4 My B.U.N.N.I.E.Z.
Page 1 of 1