Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville

Go down 
+6
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
Dang! Trotter
D.Powell
KJ Styles
Jack of Spades
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Empty
PostSubject: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 5:00 pm

Downloaded this one from Amazon. Physical copy to drop on March 8th.

This is an official D.I.T.C. release. After one spin I was a bit suprised (Not necessarily a bad thing). The entire theme of the LP is layed back with mellow beats provided by Showbiz. The beats are on point, and the hardcore fans won't be disappointed as they all contain that Bronx style Boom Bap sound. As for the lyrics, Kris brings the heat as usual. The lyrics complement the beats nicely and the two display some great chemistry as they have done in the past (Sound of the Police). The subject matter is typical KRS. Bringing the knowledge, schooling the DJ's & MC's and smashing the suckas. The album's mellow style makes it a good rainy-day LP. My only complaint is length of the album (11 tracks including the intro and a remix). The album could have been longer IMO. These two have such great chemistry that I would have liked to hear more from them. For those Kris skeptics who think he's on a downward spiral lately, this album is better then Meta-Historical and along the lines of Hip Hop Lives.

Overall - 4 stars after two spins and may increase to 4.25 after a third spin. I would recommend this LP to any Kris or Showbiz fan.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 6:22 pm

Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 6:55 pm

Dopeness, glad the KRS haters ain't here to talk shit.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2011, 7:18 pm

Cosign!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 2:14 pm

I'm picking this one up the moment it drops...

this sounds like a real good comeback from Kris after that last effort with True Master....

Last edited by D.Powell on Mon 28 Feb 2011, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 3:12 pm

Krs first verse on IMPROVE is a quotable IMO. Nice to see KRS step uphis bars from that Metatrashshit. Definitely on my radar for 2011
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2011, 5:22 pm

D.Powell wrote:
I'm picking this one up the moment it drops...

this sounds like a real good comeback from Kris after that least effort with True Master....

yeah, this is looking like a nice bounce back album.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:36 pm

KRS Sucks. Showbiz shoulda given the beats to Fat Joe.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:38 pm

Anybody who think Fat Joe is better than KRS deserves to have their ears cut off.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 7:58 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Anybody who think Fat Joe is better than KRS deserves to have their ears cut off.

Man, you white boys always love to talk that shit on the internet and get mad n shit. A little history lesson for you - Fat Joe is an original member of DITC! Go do your homework kid n then get all mad n shit.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 8:22 pm

KRS Sucks wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Man, you white boys always love to talk that shit on the internet and get mad n shit. A little history lesson for you - Fat Joe is an original member of DITC! Go do your homework kid n then get all mad n shit.

First of all I ain't white, second of all I know he's a member of DITC but he's the wackest member. I've forgotten more about hip-hop than you ever knew.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

Fat Joe?? If that's the case, I'd rather he give the beats to Big L. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 11:26 pm

Kj iz one mad white dude. But this album is dope. It would be nice to see fat Joe spit like he did on these beats
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeTue 01 Mar 2011, 11:53 pm

Cory is one dumbass canadianm and Fat Joe can't spit like that cuz he ain't on the Blastmaster's level.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 10:20 am

Fat Joe is the Blastmaster's bitch! And yes, this album is super dope.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 11:07 am

KRS Sucks wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off Laughing My Ass Off

yo man this shit right here just made my day for me, thanks mane, because of this sense of humor I'm not going to fire that individual I had planned on canning today, you just saved somebody else's job...good looks my dude! I'm sure they're appreciative....lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 12:06 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRS Sucks wrote:

yo man this shit right here just made my day for me, thanks mane, because of this sense of humor I'm not going to fire that individual I had planned on canning today, you just saved somebody else's job...good looks my dude! I'm sure they're appreciative....lol

LMAO!!!! Well at least that idiot did a good deed. I think it's SRP.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 1:36 pm

It is not SRP. I check the IP's of people like this.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm

SRP lives in Seattle now, though.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:48 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
KRS Sucks wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

First of all I ain't white, second of all I know he's a member of DITC but he's the wackest member. I've forgotten more about hip-hop than you ever knew.

if you say you aint white then thats your right, but you got two white boys on your pictures man! one of them is naked and the other one is wearing a shirt with a naked white boy on it

i dont know which one is gayer, but i just assumed you were white since you were reppin it to the fullest

you half white?

saying Fat Joe is the wackest member of DITC still dont mean he's wack son!

you need to peep his latest album, shit is his best in a while!

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:49 pm

D.Powell wrote:
KRS Sucks wrote:

glad you got the joke at least someone did!

you shouldnt be firing people in this economy though son! people need jobs! unless they just really fuckin up then you gotta give em that pink slip
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:52 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
KRS Sucks wrote:

LMAO!!!! Well at least that idiot did a good deed. I think it's SRP.

idiot? i guess some people around here cant take jokes I ain't really up on this internet girltalk shit so i dont know what the fuck srp is but internet name callin aint whats really good b!
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeWed 02 Mar 2011, 7:53 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It is not SRP. I check the IP's of people like this.
'

yo, what am I missing here?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeThu 03 Mar 2011, 9:03 pm

This album sounds like a winner. I'll be checking it out for sure....
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 12:48 am

Thanks for the vids Jack of Spades... I pre-order this CD about two weeks ago, anything with the Teacha is must buy for me, plus this album sounds alot more promising then Metahistorical.

Peace
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 4:40 am

I haven't heard this for the record.

The previous posts were merely jokes.

This album actually sounds quite promising especially if kris is spitting like he did on the premier album.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 9:37 am

Well, i'll be damned. I guess Shaun hit the nail on the head, lol!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitimeFri 04 Mar 2011, 4:16 pm

obvvv
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville   KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KRS One & Showbiz - Godsville
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: