Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some

Go down 
+5
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Laced With Slang
parker lewis
Tic706
T. Myers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Empty
PostSubject: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 7:05 am

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 9:59 am

I can't see what you posted but if its the mixtape I got that one. It was okay.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 10:02 am

It's the official album. I never bothered to peep the mixtape, but the tracks i posted were nice. The track with Tech N9ne and Bun B is especially dope.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 10:47 am

Pushead's work is as good as, if not better than ever. I'll check the tracks out later. I like most of barker's post-blink work.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 10:50 am

im gonna peep this when it drops
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 12:02 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
im gonna peep this when it drops

It dropped today, and it's sounding nice so far.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 12:06 pm

you buy it?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 12:07 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 3:28 pm

I was gonna start a thread on this yesterday but got lazy...I was going to title it "Myers, let me know what you think of the Travis Barker album when you cop it tomorrow"...lol.

I'll probably buy the deluxe edition from Best Buy this week.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2011, 6:46 pm

parker lewis wrote:
Pushead's work is as good as, if not better than ever. I'll check the tracks out later. I like most of barker's post-blink work.

Post-Blink 182 material?

Wow, to be honest, I was laughing at this thread until I read a review (just now). So the pop-punk drummer is producing hip-hop? How long has this been going on? It strikes me as being funny because I actually used to listen to Blink 182 back in the day when I listened to pop-punk. Hell, I even saw them in concert with Bad Religion (a much cooler punk band). Kinda embarrassing in retrospect. lol
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 12:13 am

Alan wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

Post-Blink 182 material?

Wow, to be honest, I was laughing at this thread until I read a review (just now). So the pop-punk drummer is producing hip-hop? How long has this been going on? It strikes me as being funny because I actually used to listen to Blink 182 back in the day when I listened to pop-punk. Hell, I even saw them in concert with Bad Religion (a much cooler punk band). Kinda embarrassing in retrospect. lol

You never heard any of The Transplants material? Tim Armstrong makes it work, Skinhead Rob's lyrics are fairly basic, but work well enough for the projects. I heard the new song on Conan (I think?) a week or two ago...think it's called Every Day Is A Saturday Night or something to that effect. Carousel is my favorite Blink track & What I Can't Describe is my favorite Transplants track.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm

TheBeerHunter wrote:
Alan wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

Post-Blink 182 material?

You never heard any of The Transplants material? Tim Armstrong makes it work, Skinhead Rob's lyrics are fairly basic, but work well enough for the projects. I heard the new song on Conan (I think?) a week or two ago...think it's called Every Day Is A Saturday Night or something to that effect. Carousel is my favorite Blink track & What I Can't Describe is my favorite Transplants track.

Transplants? Never heard of 'em. I guess I'll look into it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 7:32 pm

I'd be lying if I said I didn't listen to Blink 182 around 2000
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:05 pm

I was never a big fan of Blink. Guys who sound like chicks have never been my musical preference (except in hip hop, sometimes)
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
I was never a big fan of Blink. Guys who sound like chicks have never been my musical preference (except in hip hop, sometimes)

Like Eminem's emotional bitch azz?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:10 pm

Are you asking if I can tolerate Em's voice? If so, not really. A big part of why I don't listen to much Eminem. I was referring to Q-Tip, mainly.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:14 pm

Shaun wrote:
Are you asking if I can tolerate Em's voice? If so, not really. A big part of why I don't listen to much Eminem. I was referring to Q-Tip, mainly.

I was basically saying Em has always been girly. Q-Tip though? Maybe....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:18 pm

Q-Tip sounds like a chick.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:20 pm

Shaun wrote:
Q-Tip sounds like a chick.

I guess. Does Talib sound a little bit like a chick too then? I tell ya...I've heard some live recordings....
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

Yeah, he does, in the way that Bahamadia sounds like a chick. You would never confuse either for a chick, though (except Talib's earlier stuff)
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:33 pm

Alan wrote:
TheBeerHunter wrote:
Alan wrote:
parker lewis wrote:

Post-Blink 182 material?

Transplants? Never heard of 'em. I guess I'll look into it. Thanks.

Ya, if you dig his vocals for Op Ivy & Rancid, I don't see why you wouldn't like it with a little hip hop mixed in.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:33 pm

Shaun wrote:
Yeah, he does, in the way that Bahamadia sounds like a chick. You would never confuse either for a chick, though (except Talib's earlier stuff)
first time i heard Rah Digga i thought it was a dude
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 8:52 pm

lol. Indeed. Down For The Count
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 9:09 pm

I always thought that Lil Malik dude from Snoop's Pump Pump, Dogg Pound's Cyco-Lik-No was a chick. But I recently found out he was like 13 when he did those verses lol.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2011, 9:18 pm

He was on What's Nxet (lol) by Warren G too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some   Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Travis Barker-Give The Drummer Some
Page 1 of 1