Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)

Go down 
2 posters

Rating?
Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Vote_lcap50%Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Vote_lcap50%Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Vote_lcap0%Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)   Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 6:59 pm

Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) 51YKDPZQVQL._SL500_AA300_

Had this album for a while but it literally is never talked about. Its one of the most unique albums of all time with some of the most tripped out beats. This album fals into my top 100 albums of all time and is probably my favorite thing by Tame One, even more than the first Artifacts album

Most people here will probably hate this album because its unconventional and most here fail to think outside of the box, but this album combines so many genres into beats which seem far from hip hop at first. For some reason i hear elements of electro/dance and dubstep with hip hop style drums, and Tame literally destroys every track. There are a few tracks where he is just rambling and literally "spazzing" but within the context of the album they fit perfectly and move it along giving it a nice flow that fits the title and concept of the album

Disclaimer: the production on this album is "weird" and certainly defies all boundaries when it comes to what hip hop beats are supposed to sound like. With the rise of electronic music mixing strange sounds together i almost see beats like this as the future of hip hop but only time will tell...one thing is forsure, Tame was well ahead of his time with this album, as he unrelentlessly goes IN on almost every track

Also, this album absolutely goes crazy in the whip, the bass reverberates like no other on a lot of these songs and Tame's unconventional flow and lyrics on most tracks put this album above and beyond most albums released in the last 5 years...

There are a couple of lacking tracks but they dont take anything away from the overall album experience to me. Bump this in the car loudly the first time you play it, since im assuming only few here have heard it

This is how an original hip hop album is supposed to sound:

My rating: Personal Classic and in my Top 100...so i guess that means 4.75-5/5

Last edited by Slang Editorial on Thu 31 Mar 2011, 7:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)   Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:02 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Had this album for a while but it literally is never talked about. Its one of the most unique albums of all time with some of the most tripped out beats. This album fals into my top 100 albums of all time and is probably my favorite thing by Tame One, even more than the first Artifacts album

Most people here will probably hate this album because its unconventional and most here fail to think outside of the box, but this album combines so many genres into beats which seem far from hip hop at first. For some reason i hear elements of electro/dance and dubstep with hip hop style drums, and Tame literally destroys every track. There are a few tracks where he is just rambling and literally "spazzing" but within the context of the album they fit perfectly and move it along giving it a nice flow that fits the title and concept of the album

Disclaimer: the production on this album is "weird" and certainly defies all boundaries when it comes to what hip hop beats are supposed to sound like. With the rise of electronic music mixing strange sounds together i almost see beats like this as the future of hip hop but only time will tell...one thing is forsure, Tame was well ahead of his time with this album, as he unrelentlessly goes IN on almost every track

Also, this album absolutely goes crazy in the whip, the bass reverberates like no other on a lot of these songs and Tame's unconventional flow and lyrics on most tracks put this album above and beyond most albums released in the last 5 years...

There are a couple of lacking tracks but they dont take anything away from the overall album experience to me. Bump this in the car loudly the first time you play it, since im assuming only few here have heard it

I don't have this but I really want to get this after your description. Sonic Jihad is on the way and I'll probably get this after I listen to that.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)   Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:05 pm

Half wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

I don't have this but I really want to get this after your description. Sonic Jihad is on the way and I'll probably get this after I listen to that.

i think you are one of the few people here who will really dig this album even if you dont on the first spin you eventually will i think
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)   Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:06 pm

this song GOES, for example

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)   Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011, 7:09 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
this song GOES, for example

Sounds pretty cool. Reminds me of older Blackalicious a bit.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tame One - Spazmatic (2006)   Tame One - Spazmatic (2006) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

Hey Slang, I finally got around to hearing this. Your assessment is spot on. This is one of the freshest albums I've heard in a long time. There isn't a bad track on this thing. I won't even try to describe what I heard on it, I'll just post some tracks below if anyone else is interested. Just really high energy all the way through, dope and unique production, high quality lyricism, but I'm only giving this 4.5 stars for now just because I may be a bit too caught up in its novelty. But I'm gonna be spinning this a lot in the near future and it may even go higher for me. Excellent rec.