Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
amy
So Fabolous
So Fabolous
amy

Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Empty
PostSubject: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:26 pm

Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Akua12

Any of you heard this? Some grown woman hip hop...gives me a lauryn type feel, just a great vibe in general.. you guys should definitely check it out..

I've been spinning it a few days now, plenty of standout tracks..but my favorites at this point are run away, the world is listening, poetry how does it feel, and the journey

..these usually change with more spins
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:26 pm

What are some of the best songs? I'll Youtube them
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
amy
So Fabolous
So Fabolous
amy

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 9:30 pm

favorites at this point..

run away, the world is listening, poetry how does it feel, and the journey Big Grin
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2011, 11:05 pm

Listening to samples and it has a nice sound to it. She is a student of game no doubt and I luv to see that. Don't know how often i'd play it because it is a tad on the too slow or sleepy mellow side. Someone like Pounds or Akrone would luv this album. I'm still going to try to find a link for it though. She has a nice flow and dope voice.
Back to top Go down
amy
So Fabolous
So Fabolous
amy

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

Yea, I hear you. It's definitely got a mellow sound to it, I like that kind of vibe sometimes though..I just throw it on and zone out..but you should give it a full listen anyways =)

I have a three spin minimum rule when it comes to albums because I tend to want to stick to my niche type of music.. specifically introspective feel type hip hop..but sometimes I be on my Bun B shit, so yea...lol
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 9:03 pm

so is the three spin minimum just on stuff you think you will like or on any album you spin?
Back to top Go down
amy
So Fabolous
So Fabolous
amy

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2011, 9:21 pm

Not everything..Mostly on an album that I feel I should like but is slightly different than my comfort zone, or by a producer/artist whose previous stuff I dig, or when someone whose opinion I trust tells me I absolutely have to listen to something..I've done the three spin thing with some albums that turned out below sub par because of the latter..but I tried. If I recall correctly, I trust the opinion of a good number of people on this forum, so I'll probably spin whatever recs come my way..

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitimeMon 09 May 2011, 12:39 pm

Okay I finally listened to this in full and I am impressed. Its definitely more poetry meets hip hop but in the vein of Q-Tip, Mystic, and Speech. I can here a little Bahamadia in her flow at times. If any of you are fans of that sound you will like this. Its going on my best of 2011 list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!   Akua Naru- The journey Aflame! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Akua Naru- The journey Aflame!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: