Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chamber Music

Go down 
+3
Dwight
Norfeest
Laced With Slang
7 posters

Rating
3.0-Below
Chamber Music Vote_lcap10%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Chamber Music Vote_lcap0%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Chamber Music Vote_lcap14%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Chamber Music Vote_lcap14%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Chamber Music Vote_lcap19%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Chamber Music Vote_lcap0%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 19% [ 4 ]
Chamber Music Vote_lcap5%Chamber Music Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 7:07 pm

Wu-Tang Clan
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 01 Jul 2009, 10:05 pm

i really like this album too bad theres only 8 tracks but there all at least 4/5 IMO

Kill too Hard 4/5
Harbor Masters 4/5
Radiant Jewels 5/5
Evil Deeds 5/5
I Wish You Were Here 4/5
Ill Figures 4.5/5
Sound the Horns 4.5/5 fuckin love Sadat X on here
NYC Crack 5/5 Classic RZA

overall 4.5/5
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 1:30 pm

4.5 out of 5. Too many skits are its only flaw.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 3:10 pm

Holy bullshit bias batman!
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 3:31 pm

Huh, Jeff?

Anyway, not bad at all. I have it at 4 right now. Like others are already saying, there are too many skits (though some are more like instrumental interludes -- which is something I like). Masta Ace sounded a little out of place, but he still held it down and AZ fit like a glove. I'm halfway through spin #2 and it's still holding at 4 stars.
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 3:47 pm

I refuse to give an 8 track sorry excuse for an album 4+ stars. Anyone who does loves RZA's dick up their ass. This isn't even HALF of a shorter sized cd, yet people are acting like it's a full album and they don't mind shelling out 15 bucks for this. Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 4:17 pm

I thought this album was decent. All the tracks were good but they don't really stand out. I'd give this album 3.5 stars because it could have been much better IMO. I think U-God's album is better than this.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 5:12 pm

Dwight wrote:
I thought this album was decent. All the tracks were good but they don't really stand out. I'd give this album 3.5 stars because it could have been much better IMO. I think U-God's album is better than this.

I haven't heard U-God's album as of yet, but I co-sign the 3.5 rating. The songs are dope but only a couple of them stand out to me, and the skits combined with no GZA and Meth bring the rating down for me.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 5:22 pm

Exactly, KJ. There is no way any album with more skits (instrumental interludes, or whatever you wanna call it) then songs should get above a 4 IMO.
Back to top Go down
yOGi420™
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
yOGi420™

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 6:50 pm

I'm going with a solid 4* rating on it.... All the interludes flow together quite well and when listened to in its entirety it sounds clean, IMO. If the missing members were on it I'd give it a 5.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 7:26 pm

Yeah 4.5 sounds a little crazy and fanboyish because I still feel this cd is a rip off. Rza should have just made it 10 trks deep including maybe a intro and outro than I think we could feel the flow betta and it would get a higher rating. The songs are dope but they are like teasers and teasers do not deserve a lot of props. I want to bust a nut not get blue balls and this cd gives me that.

3.75 with me stretching it.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 8:01 pm

Thank you Kevin for a well thought out and well put dissection of the album. I'll say okay, yeah, the interludes flow well into the album, but guess what? If this was Royce Da 5'9" or Trick Daddy or anybody but Wu Tang people would be calling bullshit on this album. But since the beats are dope and the songs are dope (although HELLA short in most instances, making the lack of tracks on this "album" even more glaring) people are willing to overlook that.

When hardcore Wu fans can see through this shit I would think everybody could. Thanks for the honesty from Kev and KJ.
Back to top Go down
Esco
Esco

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 9:54 pm

man this album is good for what it is. RZA threw 8 tracks together and a shit load of skits to get his contract through. I happen to like all the songs on the cd, but way too many skits. Just take it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 10:51 pm

N3R0 of 0nslaught3r wrote:
Thank you Kevin for a well thought out and well put dissection of the album. I'll say okay, yeah, the interludes flow well into the album, but guess what? If this was Royce Da 5'9" or Trick Daddy or anybody but Wu Tang people would be calling bullshit on this album. But since the beats are dope and the songs are dope (although HELLA short in most instances, making the lack of tracks on this "album" even more glaring) people are willing to overlook that.

When hardcore Wu fans can see through this shit I would think everybody could. Thanks for the honesty from Kev and KJ.

i disagree man i would give Royces EP 4 stars, and there was only 4 tracks, even though it wasnt meant to be an album

the way i look at this is an 8 track compilation and i give those 8 tracks collectively 4.5/5, and i really liked the intro so thats a plus, there are skip buttons so it doesnt bother me to skip skits although some are ok to listen to

if Bizzy Bone released an album with 8 tracks that were 5/5 and a skit between each i would give the album a 5/5 because thats how good the songs are, it wouldnt be held in the same regard as other 5/5 albums just like i dont hold this in the same regard as other albums i rate it as because i consider it a ep/compilation, but i rate it for what it is. id rather have 8 good songs and some skits, then 8 good ones and 6 more rushed together garbage tracks yknow?
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 10:59 pm

That's where we disagree, Slang, but I respect your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:06 pm

I'm not understanding the beef with a 4.5 star rating. The folks that feel that way should be able to without airheads throwing salt. Do I think it's 4.5, no...but harping on people that do (only two people, mind you...and who DIDN'T see Slang giving this 4.5? Dude loves all things WU. Common sense, people...) is sort of silly when the number of people doing so is so small.

Relax people, gangsta rap is not being threatened on this forum...
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:08 pm

You gotta take it for what it is. This is to me an EP 8 solid tracks of classic wu tang sound. I paid 8.99 for it and am happy with it. Most new albums dont even have 8 great songs out of the 16 tracks they put on a disc.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 2:36 pm

Kopasetick wrote:
I'm not understanding the beef with a 4.5 star rating. The folks that feel that way should be able to without airheads throwing salt. Do I think it's 4.5, no...but harping on people that do (only two people, mind you...and who DIDN'T see Slang giving this 4.5? Dude loves all things WU. Common sense, people...) is sort of silly when the number of people doing so is so small.

Not true man i only gave Blackout 2 like 3.75, same with Big Doe Rehab and Ghost is prob my favorite rapper...this one stood out to me though
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:27 pm

Kopasetick wrote:

Nor get outta hear with the noble comments about how we should react to opinions. I have seen you, me, and anybody else question, bitch, or comment about people's ratings. I do not know if you are on the sly trying to get at me with the above statements about "airheads" and stuff but make it known if it is. And what does that mean with the G Rap comment? Speak yo mind....
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2009, 7:16 pm

I'll go 4.5 here. If an album has 8 songs and all 8 songs are dope then how is it a dissapointment?
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 2:05 pm

E. Taylor wrote:
I'll go 4.5 here. If an album has 8 songs and all 8 songs are dope then how is it a dissapointment?

lol...because it's not a gangsta album...
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:03 pm

Naw because its an obvious smoke n mirrors ass album. Rza just wants out of a contract so he gets 8 in the vault trks that most are only like a little over 2 mins. long and adds a bunch of damn near worthless interludes to make the shit look longer. To my knowledge are they advertising it as 8 trks? Because when Slang 1st put up the trk listing it sho looked like all trks were str8 up full songs.

Plus Wu Tang is gangsta rap learn about it...

Last edited by KRob86 on Wed 15 Jul 2009, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:36 pm

KRob86 wrote:

I was going to say that too, but didn't because everyone defines "gangsta" differently. To me Wu Tang is definitely hardcore and plenty of it has a heavy street vibe to it. So I do kinda lump it in with the hardcore/gangsta material, whether or not that is it's proper tag.
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:52 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Naw because its an obvious smoke n mirrors ass album. Rza just wants out of a contract so he gets 8 in the vault trks that most are only like a little over 2 mins. long and sdds a bunch of damn near worthless interludes to make the shit look longer. To my knowledge are they advertising it as 8 trks? Because when Slang 1st put uop the trk listing it sho looked like all trks were str8 up full songs.

I put "lol" for a reason. Learn about that.

And don't think for a second that you're in a position to teach me shit...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:55 pm

KRob86 wrote:
Nor get outta hear with the noble comments about how we should react to opinions. I have seen you, me, and anybody else question, bitch, or comment about people's ratings. I do not know if you are on the sly trying to get at me with the above statements about "airheads" and stuff but make it known if it is. And what does that mean with the G Rap comment? Speak yo mind....

lol @ noble Wrong guess there, Kev. I'll tell you when I'm trying to be noble...not the other way around. I speak my mind, dude. I think it's obvious in my comments. If you feel they were directed at you, then so be it. Don't look for a redirect, though. That ain't happenin'. Basically, if the shoe fits...which clearly you feel it does.

And last I checked, you were only one of three people. If I want to get at you directly, I will. But, since you ask, yes, "fanboy" is a little silly over two 4.5s. Steve's comments were silly and way unnecessary (he didn't even address the quality...just the length and number of skits and the people who didn't take issue with it), but I expect that from him. Jeff calling someone biased is completely backward in and of itself.

There, comments addressed...

Anyway, I'm not telling anyone how to react, I'm trying to figure out the overflow of concern for TWO 4.5 ratings. Something you failed to address...

And I'm not sure where this "Norf is anti-gangsta rap" sentiment is coming from. This isn't the first time you've thrown that out there. It's gay. It's silly. It's groundless. It's petty. And it's false. What I won't do, though, is hang around this forum and try to prove it to anyone...

-------------------------------------------------

Slang, I know what you mean, I was just saying that you were a big Wu fan is all. I didn't expect for you to degrade a quality Wu album. Nor should it come as a surprise to anyone.

No offense...
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 3:59 pm

Oh, and the polls say 10 out of 16 think it's 4 or better...

Maybe I'm not crazy or hearing things after all.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 4:56 pm

norm u aint gangsta us a wanksta
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2009, 7:04 pm

Nor I could teach you a good amount...trust me. And i'm sure it's vice versa also.

Nor I never said you were "anti" g rap I just know it is not your fav sub-genre of hip hop so when you speak on it I take it with the wind. Just like if I speak on flower power and softcore i'm sure it's the same with you.

If I felt this was an OFFICIAL album and it was advertised as 8trks I would be cool. Anyway i'm a Wu fan so I bought it knowing it only had 8 trks and they are dope but in my book just too short and half stepped for a 4.5-5.0.
Back to top Go down

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010, 9:47 pm

4 stars here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chamber Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chamber Music   Chamber Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chamber Music
Page 1 of 1