Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cunninlynguists - Oneirology

Go down 
+2
Tic706
Half
6 posters

How do you rate this?
5 stars
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_lcap17%Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
4.75 stars
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_lcap0%Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.5 stars
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_lcap17%Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
4.25 stars
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_lcap33%Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
4 stars
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_lcap33%Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
3.5 stars
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_lcap0%Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Below 3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Empty
PostSubject: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

Apparently there isn't an official review thread for this yet...so here goes. Pretty damn good. I have no idea where to rank this among their other LPs right now but I'll come back with it eventually. Definitely an interesting concept album that maintained its theme strongly throughout the whole thing. Deacon definitely does work on here, but Kno's lines were as memorable as ever (his verse in "Enemies With Benefits", for example). The guests on here did a great job too - Tonedeff kills it again like he always does on CL albums, and young stars like Freddie Gibbs and Big K.R.I.T. definitely caught my attention. Production is superb but there are a few tracks that have some very similar sounds to them - many use what sounds like warped Beatles tracks or some other band from the late 60s, and as a result many tracks (especially near the middle) sound almost identical. Also, for some reason it doesn't have the same replay value to me as other CL albums. For now, I'm giving this a 4.25. Standout tracks for me include Enemies With Benefits, Murder, Stars Shine Brightest, Predormitum, and Get Ignorant.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeSun 24 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

Yeah 4.25 was my rating also. It may drop some because on my 2nd spin it got a tad dull due to every trk having the same vibe, same flow, same sound. But that flaw aside this is well done "mood" music. I can't deny the how cohesive and moody this album is.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2011, 8:54 pm

I give it 4.5 stars. It could improve over time. Kno does it again with incredible production. This is also Natti's album lyrically. He is on every song, unlike Deacon, and he kills it every time. I can't wait for his solo album after hearing this.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 12:51 am

I'm going with 4 stars as of right now. I know exactly what you are saying Half, except I thought it was Rolling Stones samples they were using. I feel pretty much the same about this as other CL albums, very high quality but only enjoyable in doses. I can't listen to this too many times in the same week. I just don't feel the mood at most times, I guess. But for the times that I do feel it, it def does the trick. My favs are Hard As They Come, Murder, Enemies with Benefits, and Embers.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

Got no complaints on this album, easily one of my favorites so far. Hard As They Come>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeThu 28 Apr 2011, 9:19 am

SMFH at having to explain Hard As They Come to people...dummies.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2011, 12:04 am

As completely excellent and perfectly made as this album is, it is somehow a chore to listen to.

I'll give it 4

Wasn't Machete Vision supposed to be this week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cunninlynguists - Oneirology    Cunninlynguists - Oneirology  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: