Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tolppanen - Haunted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Tolppanen - Haunted Empty
PostSubject: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 8:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One of my beats. Leave feedback please.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 12:47 pm

I like it a lot PKT. It really has a 'haunting' sound. Really nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeWed 25 May 2011, 7:18 pm

Wow this is great man, I love the progression the track makes with the addition of the strings. I'll be honest though I wasn't too creeped out by this instrumental...do you listen to any Boards of Canada? I think you'd like them if you haven't heard them before.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 6:17 am

Thanks guys for listening and commenting, much appreciated.

"do you listen to any Boards of Canada? I think you'd like them if you haven't heard them before. "

I just listened track called "everything you do is a balloon". Definitely the type of music I like. I'm gonna download their "Hi Scores" album later today. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeThu 26 May 2011, 6:20 pm

PKT wrote:
Thanks guys for listening and commenting, much appreciated.

"do you listen to any Boards of Canada? I think you'd like them if you haven't heard them before. "

I just listened track called "everything you do is a balloon". Definitely the type of music I like. I'm gonna download their "Hi Scores" album later today. Thanks.

Awesome, that track was one of the tracks I was thinking of. Nice EP, I like that one a lot. They got much darker though with their first two studio albums.
Back to top Go down
arokone
Jazz Fiend
arokone

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeSat 28 May 2011, 8:16 am

Good stuff PKT!!! The beat sounds really clean, I'm really feeling the harmony/drumns.

Peace
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 9:44 am

Thanks Arokone for listening and commenting! I appreciate it.

Half, I listened their 2 first EP's and first studio album. There are some very nice tracks but some boring tracks too. Do u know any other artists/groups like Boards of Canada? Im new to this type of genre. I like those downtempo tracks more.
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 6:09 pm

This is nice. The so-called called rappers on this site should be making arrangements to spit on this one. Sounds like some Blue Skies/Black Death
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 7:41 am

Thanks Trotter!
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011, 12:55 pm

PKT wrote:
Thanks Arokone for listening and commenting! I appreciate it.

Half, I listened their 2 first EP's and first studio album. There are some very nice tracks but some boring tracks too. Do u know any other artists/groups like Boards of Canada? Im new to this type of genre. I like those downtempo tracks more.

I haven't heard another artist that sound quite like Boards. I'm pretty new to the genre too though. However, if you are looking for some downtempo stuff, you might like some of Amon Tobin's albums, specifically Bricolage and Permutation. Some tracks get into crazy fast techno-ish beats, but they have a lot of atmosphere and grooves. He's a talented DJ/sampler. Also, I'd still recommend you listen to Geogaddi, Boards of Canada's second studio album. It's darker, more ambient, and the tracks don't drag on as much. I think you would like that a lot more.

Also check out Lunatic Harness by u-Ziq, Rounds by Four Tet, and Zauberberg by Gas (this one may test your patience though).
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011, 3:55 pm

I will definitely get BOC's Geocaddi too. And I will check out all of those that u mentioned, thanks.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
thelundquist

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

i'm finished with my track to this. I'll send you it tonight so you can check it out and decide if you like it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tolppanen - Haunted   Tolppanen - Haunted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tolppanen - Haunted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Show Ya Skillz :: The Studio-
Jump to: