Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26

Go down 
+2
Highsmith
T. Myers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 9:21 am

Al B Sure!
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

My Top 5 will be from "In Effect Mode" but his other albums have hits as well.

Nite & Day
Ooh This Love Is So
Off On Your Own (Girl)
Killing Me Softly
Naturally Mine (What Kane N Abel sampled for "Gangstafied")
*If I'm Not Your Lover
*Rescue Me
*Hotel California (Nice remake)
*Right Now
*Playing Games
*Natalie (My wife's name.....lol)
*No Matter What You Do w/Diana Ross
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

In Effect mode is easily his best, but i still like Private Times and Sexy Versus quite a bit. Have you heard his album that dropped a few years ago?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:15 am

Also, Secret Garden is a dope, dope collabo. I should probably buy that Quincy album just for that song.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:16 am

Nite And Day
Right Now
Oooh This Love Is So
Just A Taste Of Lovin'
Naturally Mine

*Dedicate My All
*Natalie
*Off On Your Own Girl
*U & I
*I'm Glad

his last album from 2009 (Honey I'm Home) had more than a few bangers on it....a must pick-up for those late night encounters with that special someone....Smile
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

Would either of you mind giving a list of some underrated New Jack releases?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

Nite & Day
Right Now
Killing Me Softly
Hotel California
Secret Garden
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 1:30 pm

D Powell what you know about I'm Glad?.....lol
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

Terry, "Honey I'm Home" is a nice CD. I liked the single but I didn't think I would check it out. Once I did, he even surprised me with how good the CD was. I am sure D Powell will co-sign. ...And you're right, you need to get "Back On The Block" as well. I am on my way to work in a minute, but if you want me to rate any CDs inparticular, just let me know Terry.

I'll get back to you on that Terry. I have a CD with some New Jack Swing R&B songs on it, but I gotta think back to the CDs. I know that Big Bub's 1st CD with "Tellin Me Stories" was pretty good and hard to find for me now, but the 1st 2 Today CDs would probably be more suited for New Jack Swing purposes.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

Nite & Day
If I'm Not Your Lover
Off On Your Own (Girl)
Oooh This Love Is So
Right Now
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeMon 06 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

Wasn't up on Al B album wise.

Nite & Day
Off On Your Own Girl
Secret Garden
Killing Me Softly
Rescue Me

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 8:35 am

Highsmith wrote:
Terry, "Honey I'm Home" is a nice CD. I liked the single but I didn't think I would check it out. Once I did, he even surprised me with how good the CD was. I am sure D Powell will co-sign. ...And you're right, you need to get "Back On The Block" as well. I am on my way to work in a minute, but if you want me to rate any CDs inparticular, just let me know Terry.

I'll get back to you on that Terry. I have a CD with some New Jack Swing R&B songs on it, but I gotta think back to the CDs. I know that Big Bub's 1st CD with "Tellin Me Stories" was pretty good and hard to find for me now, but the 1st 2 Today CDs would probably be more suited for New Jack Swing purposes.

How is Jeff Redd-A Quiet Storm?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

T. Myers wrote:

The Jeff Redd album is good, about 3.75-4 stars. But nothing on that album is as good as"You Called And Told Me", which is a song he did on the Strictly Business soundtrack.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:50 pm

Nite and Day (Favorite)
Hotel California
If I'm Not Your Lover
Killing Me Softly
Oooh This Love Is So
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:55 pm

Highsmith wrote:

Now you are talking my game, Myers. I agree with Highsmith, Big Bub is essential material...cop his 'Timeless' album, I know you'll dig that one. Shit is jamming. You should also check out some Tony Terry albums, his self titled album being my favorite from him. Another underrated acts that I really dug is Basic Black. Guy-ish sound, but shit is really dope, kinda hard to find though, but it's worth copping.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Highsmith wrote:

That Jeff Redd (another Vernonite...lol) was about a 4 star album...you should get it Terry..

also while we're on the subject of Big Bub don't forget to get the albums he made with the group Today (Today and The New Formula)....essential r&b listening IMO....

also if you don't have it cop that Bobby Brown album (Bobby)...that's a heavy New Jack Swing effort from him because Teddy did alot of the tracks on it.....I thought it was a pretty bangin' effort man...

also of the newer variety since we're on slept on bangin' r&b efforts go cop Case's debut album (Case) and also his joint from 2009 (The Rose Experience)...get Amerie's debut (All I Have) and you must go and pick up Bobby Valentino's debut (Bobby Valentino)...all of those are some pretty decent r&b in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

I have Jeff Redd singles on the 2 CD New Jack Swing R&B CD that I have but I never checked out his albums, Terry. If anyone knows where I can find those Today CDs or the 1st Big Bub, let me know. I have been looking for those for ages.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitimeTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

GREAT song!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26   Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Tracks R&B Edition-Day 26
Page 1 of 1