Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royalty Check

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 12:25 pm

Royalty Check Sm_Front-RoyaltyCheck

Gave it a 2nd listen and it sounds better. Freddie Foxxx is the star of this album with no doubt. He is already known as a standout anyway on collabo's but add in he did the production for most if not all the album and he is right at home. Some of the hooks could have been better or not so corny but that has never been their strong point. KRS comes off as just babbling on a few trks but never goes to far to the left.

I recommend this to fans of either emcees or people who are not mainly production or hook focused. I'm comfortable with a 3.75 rating for this album. Another real decent release for a consistant dope 2011 so far.

Last edited by TicNitty706 on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

3.5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeWed 08 Jun 2011, 7:10 pm

This album was basically a wet dream for me. Two of my favorite emcees of all time doin an album together? Holy shit!

After one listen, I think it's a good effort by both emcees (altough the first impression I got was basically a KRS album with guest spots by Freddie Foxxx). Foxxx did a great job on the production, and "Just You" is the type of innovation that Hip Hop needs more of. So far, I agree with Kev on the 3.75 star rating. Got it on spin right now and the album does get better the more you listen to it. I'm hoping to get at least a 4.0 out of this one.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

Foxxx surprised me on the production tip. I was a little worried when I read he handled the beat duties but they were str8. Wasn't this suppose to be his band or something on the beats? I know KRS mentioned Foxxx played the bass on one trk.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 2:30 pm

I heard one song from it a while back on HHDX and I turned it off before it was halfway done. Had no interest in hearing it. Maybe I will download it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeThu 09 Jun 2011, 6:39 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Foxxx surprised me on the production tip. I was a little worried when I read he handled the beat duties but they were str8. Wasn't this suppose to be his band or something on the beats? I know KRS mentioned Foxxx played the bass on one trk.

Yeah, Foxxx is establishing himself as a dope producer. He produced most of KRS's Back to the LAB EP.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

After about a trillion more spins, I'm changing my rating to 4.5 stars. Dope Dope Dope!!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 3:13 pm

You're staning again...wipe ya mouth...lol.
Back to top Go down
Jack of Spades
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Jack of Spades

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011, 6:05 pm

He He
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Royalty Check Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royalty Check   Royalty Check Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royalty Check
Page 1 of 1