Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)

Go down 
+10
Shaun
Myestro
KJ Styles
D.Powell
mistadave
Wayne
Funk Seoul Brother
Highsmith
Half
Tic706
14 posters

Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm
Here Come The Lords
Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Vote_lcap50%Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
No Need For Alarm
Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Vote_lcap50%Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Vote_rcap
 50% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Empty
PostSubject: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 10:47 pm

Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) 51CW01QZADL._SL500_AA300_

vs.

Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Del+alarm

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 10:52 pm

No Need For Alarm...really close again. Making some tough calls tonight. I really have a hard time thinking of why I prefer No Need, its basically just a gut feeling. I listen to these albums about equally.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

Here Comes The Lords by "default". I have heard No Need For Alarm but I have not listened to it. The little I have heard has not made me want to hear more. That LOTUG album is a tough one to beat.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Here Comes The Lords by "default". I have heard No Need For Alarm but I have not listened to it. The little I have heard has not made me want to hear more. That LOTUG album is a tough one to beat.

Which tracks did you hear?
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:05 pm

Here Come The Lords
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

havent heard the Lords but it gets DESTROYED
Back to top Go down
Funk Seoul Brother
Osama Bin Diesel
Funk Seoul Brother

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:40 pm

Del in a landslide. Here Go The Lords...
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeWed 06 Jul 2011, 11:48 pm

Half wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

All of them. But I wasn't really paying attention. And I have sampled it many times because I was on the verge of buying it. Catch A Bad One is a personal classic trk for me. I have always loved that song and that is the main reason I keep thinking about getting the album.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

Here Come The Lords.
Back to top Go down
mistadave
I Deserve A
I Deserve A

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

Lords.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 4:24 pm

Lords by a little bit
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

All of them. But I wasn't really paying attention. And I have sampled it many times because I was on the verge of buying it. Catch A Bad One is a personal classic trk for me. I have always loved that song and that is the main reason I keep thinking about getting the album.

Man, just say that you're not a Del fan save for Catch A Bad One and leave it at that. How are you gonna vote by "default" and say that you've heard the entire album? "Sampling" an album is not the same as actually giving it an honest listen.

I'm voting for Del for two reasons, One because I know it's not going to win, and two because I think these two albums are even in overall quality but Del's lyrics make me wanna hit the playback button more often.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:32 pm

This should be a finals (or final 4) matchup. I hate voting against LOTUG, since I absolutely LOVE this album...but I like Del that much more.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:35 pm

Myestro wrote:
This should be a finals (or final 4) matchup. I hate voting against LOTUG, since I absolutely LOVE this album...but I like Del that much more.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this should be a final four matchup. Elite 8 maybe, but these two albums ain't fuckin with Wu, ATCQ, or Snoop IMO. I'd put Souls and KRS above them as well but that's just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Myestro wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say that this should be a final four matchup. Elite 8 maybe, but these two albums ain't fuckin with Wu, ATCQ, or Snoop IMO. I'd put Souls and KRS above them as well but that's just my 2 cents.

I agree on Wu, ATCQ and Souls. I'd bump either of these two over Snoop and KRS all day everyday.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 5:56 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Here Comes The Lords by "default".
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

The Lords....pretty easily too.

This has always been Del's worst album IMO....until The Eleventh Hour dropped, that is.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:

Man, just say that you're not a Del fan save for Catch A Bad One and leave it at that. How are you gonna vote by "default" and say that you've heard the entire album? "Sampling" an album is not the same as actually giving it an honest listen.

I'm voting for Del for two reasons, One because I know it's not going to win, and two because I think these two albums are even in overall quality but Del's lyrics make me wanna hit the playback button more often.

KJ I swear sometimes I wonder which end of your body is typing. I never claimed to be a fan of Del but that does not mean I do not enjoy some of his music. If you paid more attention you would know I Wish My Bro and Both Sides Of The Brain are dope to me. I also put by default in quotations for a reason. I was basically saying I have heard the albums in spots but not enough to make an informed vote. What is so hard to get about that?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

damn Alan are you serious? This is probably my favorite Del album, rivaled only by Deltron...Del gets my vote
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
damn Alan are you serious? This is probably my favorite Del album, rivaled only by Deltron...Del gets my vote

Same here. Deltron then this.

And I find it funny that I got a negative, for speaking out against Snoop and KRS. Oh well, I know what I like.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:28 pm

Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

And I find it funny that I got a negative, for speaking out against Snoop and KRS. Oh well, I know what I like.

For me its a toss-up betweeen Both Sides Of The Brain/Deltron, followed by a toss-up between this and I Wish My Brother George Was Here, followed by Future Development and then Eleventh Hour down in an abyss in the middle of a dark forest. I still haven't heard Funkman, Automatik Statik, or Golden Era.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:34 pm

lol Eleventh Hour was one of the biggest disappointments in rap history
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm

Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

For me its a toss-up betweeen Both Sides Of The Brain/Deltron, followed by a toss-up between this and I Wish My Brother George Was Here, followed by Future Development and then Eleventh Hour down in an abyss in the middle of a dark forest. I still haven't heard Funkman, Automatik Statik, or Golden Era.

What about Parallel Uni-Verses? Even though it's not a Del solo. And I haven't heard Future Development enough to fairly fit it in any rankings I do. I can only give it the obvious "better than 11th Hour".
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

Myestro wrote:
Half wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

What about Parallel Uni-Verses? Even though it's not a Del solo. And I haven't heard Future Development enough to fairly fit it in any rankings I do. I can only give it the obvious "better than 11th Hour".

I like Parallel, I guess that would slide just beneath Future Development (I like Future Development by the way)
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:39 pm

Parallel Uni-Verses is way better than 11th Hour, i think that album gets unfairly hated on actually (Parallell that is)
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeThu 07 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

Slang, I haven't heard it get hated on. I've never really heard it mentioned. I really dig it though.

Half, I like Future Development too. But I only copped it as a d/l a couple of months ago. Gave it a few spins. Obviously, his other albums have the advantage of years of listening experience from me.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:

Yeah man....of the one's I own....

I Wish My Brother George Was Here (1991) - 5 stars
Deltron 3030 (2000) - 5 stars
Both Sides of the Brain (2000) - 4 stars
Future Development (1997) - 4 stars
No Need for Alarm (1993) - 3.5 stars
Funk Man (The Stimulus Package) (2009) - 3 stars
Eleventh Hour (2008) - 2 stars

I'm a big Del fan, but to be honest, the only albums of his I grab for "I Wish My Brother George Was Here" & "Deltron 3030" - his only classics IMO.

How does the debut NOT make the top of your list?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

No Need For Alarm is 4.5 stars IMO, which is the same rating I have for Here Comes The Lords.

I agree that his debut is his best, followed by Deltron, but NNFA is 3rd on my list personally. I also agree that 11th Hour sucked, and I never heard Funk Man. Golden Era is hella dope though. You should cop it sometime Pounds.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

The Golden Era is dope? You get hard copies of Automatik Statik & Funk Man with that too, right (Discs 2 & 3)?

I have not heard anything about The Golden Era, but damn. I should check that out. For some reason, I thought it was a greatest hits package when I saw it and just kept passing over it. But if it's Del in "golden age" form, that sounds more appealing to me....
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

Do you own Golden Era KJ?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 7:34 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Do you own Golden Era KJ?

I downloaded it. I was going to buy it but I heard negative things about Funk Man and mixed reviews on Automatic Statik. I'll give them a spin though and see for myself and if I like them I'll buy a physical copy. The Golden Era part of the album is bangin though.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeFri 08 Jul 2011, 9:31 pm

Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

You see, friend, you offended stans of both coast on that one, so really you should at least break even haha

No Need for Alarm is my fav Del album, it has a darker atmosphere which I like and also it was produced in a classic time period when Casual and SOM dropped. And the Thankyous track at the end is cool where he even thanks his fans...(from memory)
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 12:22 pm

Lounge wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

You see, friend, you offended stans of both coast on that one, so really you should at least break even haha

No Need for Alarm is my fav Del album, it has a darker atmosphere which I like and also it was produced in a classic time period when Casual and SOM dropped. And the Thankyous track at the end is cool where he even thanks his fans...(from memory)

i agree with you about No Need For Alarm. and Alan, for the reasons he stated are pretty much why NNFA has surpassed his debut among my favorites from Del. Something about the feel/atmosphere of the album draws me in even if his debut may be technically "better". im a huge Both Sides of the Brain fan as well...but his debut, No Need, Deltron, Both Sides, and Future Development are all very good albums to me, some classic
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

Hmm, i think i'll vote Del today, but it really doesn't matter to me either way.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitimeSat 09 Jul 2011, 5:38 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
Lounge wrote:
Myestro wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:

i agree with you about No Need For Alarm. and Alan, for the reasons he stated are pretty much why NNFA has surpassed his debut among my favorites from Del. Something about the feel/atmosphere of the album draws me in even if his debut may be technically "better". im a huge Both Sides of the Brain fan as well...but his debut, No Need, Deltron, Both Sides, and Future Development are all very good albums to me, some classic

Well see, I have never seen the debut as being better, just different. Wish my brother George was here is a great album but it was (from memory) produced and a little influenced by Ice Cube and had that p-funk and james brown type elements, whereas I have always seen No need for alarm as where Del was really coming into his own, particularly beatwise because it had that hiero sound. They are two very different albums and I can understand why anyone would hold either one above the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)   Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album 1993 Round 2: Here Come The Lords vs. No Need For Alarm (B)
Page 1 of 1