Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopsin "Raw"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

Thank you guys for recommending this album! I got it in the mail yesterday and 2 spins in i'm loving it. Whether or not he appeared on Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, whatever.......the album is dope. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

I actually like him better if he was on a children's network.
Back to top Go down

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 8:24 pm

I understand your point and from a strictly music perspective I don't care what he's done if the music is dope. THAT SAID, I get fucking annoyed when he randomly disses mainstream rappers for attention and tries to act like he's some thug when he's actually a well paid actor from the burb's and is 90 pounds sopping wet. Dude spends the majority of his first single off the new album dissing every rapper (notably Drake, who is literally a more poppy verson of Hopsin) and it grates my nerves. With Rick Ross, okay he lies or whatever but I don't see him dissing 50 Cent and calling him a fake, that would really piss me off.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 8:36 pm

Whatever... his lyrics are funny and his skills are off the charts. He has nothing in common with Drake except they were both on TV before wax. Believe me, I never felt Drake's acting history was a reason to dislike him.

For Hopsin to come from this background and end up making the music he does makes that music all the more entertaining to me.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

I don't think Hopsin's lyrics are meant to be taken seriously.
Back to top Go down

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

That's because you're completely unfamiliar with him outside of this new album. I, however, have been talking to the dude for about a year on therealtechn9ne.com where he constantly spammed the board with his music. I think he has an old school like penchant for crafting dope stories, is clearly gifted at punchlines, and can rhyme his ass off. HOWEVER, his beat making abilities, singing, and affinity of biting other rappers (he sounds exactly what you think a dude ripping off Eminem and Tech N9ne simultaneously would sound like) take him down a peg. He seriously thinks he's "real". Also, him acting, rapping, singing, and doing his own thing before a major invested in him is EXACTLY Drake's story, and it sounds like an industry perputated myth IMO.

And I never said Drake's history with acting was a reason to dislike him, but I don't hold it against anybody who hates dude because he raps about street life when there is clear evidence to the contrary (wasn't that everybody's beef with Vanilla Ice?). Hopsin takes it a step FARTHER and evokes this bullsht in his interviews and constant interactions with fans, despite clear evidence to the contrary. Just like Lil Wayne rapping about selling packs when he's had a record deal since age 11 and now claiming to be some hardcore blood when he's a fucking mascot.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

Fair enough. I don't really care about who he is or who he thinks he is, though. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you taking it to that level. I just am not interested in anything about him, other than the music.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 10:37 pm

I meant to imply his entire evolution is a parallel to Drake's. But, as an artist they have nothing in common. My opinion, of course.
Back to top Go down

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitimeSat 06 Aug 2011, 11:52 pm

Fair enough. Had I not been on that message board and seen his desperate attempts to contact Tech N9ne and pleads to get signed by Strange Music prior to him semi-blowing up and immediately dissing Tyler the Creator, I wouldn't give a fuck either. But in a weird, internet way I feel like I know the guy and the shit just rubs me the wrong way.

He used to post shit like this all the time:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hopsin "Raw" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hopsin "Raw"   Hopsin "Raw" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hopsin "Raw"
Page 1 of 1