Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Succes Is Certain

Go down 
+8
Highsmith
Justin Linker
Tic706
E. Taylor
Shaun
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
12 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Succes Is Certain Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgJVkfCYvtaYUzLSmRNjgfgNWpPZHmYl2iVlV2Dfe0d4IEXm9lTgAd9yMomQ

Royce kills the album IMO. It's a nice mixture of bangers and personal ish. If you liked him on Bad Meets Evil, I have no reason to think you will be disappointed in this. Definitely one of my favorites this year. Also, every Best Buy in my area has it in stock so it looks like his distro is good this time around.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:09 am

Thanks and E. Taylor should be happy to hear the distro is good. Will probably get this.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

There's only 11 tracks here, but at least half of the album is great IMO. Tracks like Legendary, Writer's Block, Second Place, ER, Merry Go Round are beastly to me. There's also an introspective track where he's talking about being a Proof's funeral, and all he wanted to do was go up and speak to Marshall. I'm not sure of the song title, but it was another one of those great tracks.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 11:15 am

I'm copping this later on this week. Too bad my Best Buy doesn't have the new Ski Beatz in stock...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 4:13 pm

The second I find a nearby CD store, I will be picking this up
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 6:31 pm

Picked it up today! Haven't got to spin it yet though. Kids have to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 7:31 pm

I got this one after hearing the leak. Its a must have imo. Royce is slowly creeping toward being a fav of mine.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

Royce >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem nowadays

This album is really good. I enjoyed all the songs, honestly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 8:42 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I got this one after hearing the leak. Its a must have imo. Royce is slowly creeping toward being a fav of mine.

Damn it, don't make me pull up the threads where you were dissing Royce, lol! It's better late than never. Royce now>>>>>>Royce then.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 09 Aug 2011, 9:06 pm

I may have to check this out based on Bad Meets Evil. My birthday is next week so I'm sure the Itunes cards will be coming....lol
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

I'm diggin this album. It's not as good as Street Hop but dope nonetheless. It absolutely KILLS Watch The Porcelain Throne. 4 stars after one spin.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2011, 1:39 pm

lol @ porcelain throne. That's a good'ne
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011, 8:19 am

I'll be copping this one also.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeThu 18 Aug 2011, 12:35 pm

I liked this, I'll give it about 3.5 stars. It really didn't get going until the second half. Also, I have to think Royce listened to Tech's album a lot before making this... seems like he is biting Tech's style on that track with Em, kinda ironic considering the subject matter of the track. Also, Legendary was kinda cheesy to me. Finally, ER (not a Kid Vishis fan...) and the last track were pretty weak. But basically everything from On The Boulevard to My Own Planet is pretty good if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

"seems like he is biting Tech's style on that track with Em, kinda ironic considering the subject matter of the track."

Writer's Block came out way before Tech's album, HATER!

I'm still not set on a rating for this, yet. A lot of the hooks are suspect IMO; why does Royce feel the need to sing on every track? Lyrically, this is one of his best albums, though. I dig the album, and I like the fact that he went in a completely different direction than anything he's done before. I need to give it a full sit down listen before I can start throwing stars out
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 3:19 pm

Just purchased this and I finished bumping it today. I like it, it's about 3.5 to 4 stars for this one.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm

damn, this album was wildly inconsistent. Sounds like a fucking mixtape thrown together. "Second Place" is a classic, and there are some other good tracks but bad hooks, and some awful beats. I dont understand why he doesnt make an album and pick all good beats, or just pay Premo for a full album, it never goes wrong with those two, but clearly it does with him and other producers. I guess this is like a 3.25-3.5
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
damn, this album was wildly inconsistent. Sounds like a fucking mixtape thrown together. "Second Place" is a classic, and there are some other good tracks but bad hooks, and some awful beats. I dont understand why he doesnt make an album and pick all good beats, or just pay Premo for a full album, it never goes wrong with those two, but clearly it does with him and other producers. I guess this is like a 3.25-3.5

I agree with the 3.5 rating also. One thing I can say about this album is that at the end, I found myself wanting more. I do like Second Place a lot also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Succes Is Certain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succes Is Certain   Succes Is Certain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succes Is Certain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: