Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)

Go down 
+10
KJ Styles
Laced With Slang
Myestro
gametheory91
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
MURDERGHOST
Caesar
T. Myers
Half
SyRuP Sippa
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Empty
PostSubject: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:21 pm

www.spotify.com

This site/program is absolutely great. All I've been listening to lately. You just sign up for an account, register, and then thousands of songs are at your finger tips, search for what you want to hear and then listen to anything from singles to full albums. It's great.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
www.spotify.com

This site/program is absolutely great. All I've been listening to lately. You just sign up for an account, register, and then thousands of songs are at your finger tips, search for what you want to hear and then listen to anything from singles to full albums. It's great.

It's not invite only anymore?

I'm down.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:43 pm

Nah, I went to the site, entered my email to get in "line" and was allowed to register instantly.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:44 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Nah, I went to the site, entered my email to get in "line" and was allowed to register instantly.

Cool, about to do that now.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 5:49 pm

So I'll be on this site... for 6 months:

as an ad-supported free-to-the-user service having no monthly cap on listening hours or a cap on number of plays of a unique track during the first 6 months following creation of your Spotify account but thereafter a cap of 10 listening hours per month and a cap of 5 plays per unique track (the “Free Service”)
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 6:01 pm

Damn, I knew there had to be a catch, but is there anything to stop us from registering new emails every six months?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 6:09 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Damn, I knew there had to be a catch, but is there anything to stop us from registering new emails every six months?

I bet you they go by IP like Pandora.

However, I did make one and installed spotify.

Username halfsharkalligatorhalfman, not sure if this does friend stuff but hey there you go
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 6:31 pm

Cool. The thing about spotify and even pandora, is if they are meant for on the go wherever access how can they IP specific ban people? seems counterintuitive to me. I guess it'll be six months solid and then I will use it strictly to preview shit I wanted to check out
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 6:34 pm

Yeah, although the shit is overwhelming me right now... it's not making copies of my music is it? That's gonna take a shit ton of space up.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011, 6:41 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Cool. The thing about spotify and even pandora, is if they are meant for on the go wherever access how can they IP specific ban people? seems counterintuitive to me. I guess it'll be six months solid and then I will use it strictly to preview shit I wanted to check out

Actually I may be wrong about Pandora, could have just been cookies. And yeah maybe you are right... it could be possible to just make a new account every six months. I have to think they thought about that though.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 6:20 pm

Finally getting the hang of this... tight shit. I honestly might pay to upgrade once the 6 months are up. Pretty good selection, although it doesn't have everything I want to hear, and some labels apparently removed their catalogs from the site, but I don't think it's used by enough people for it to become too much of a problem... yet.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

This is seriously the ultimate "try before you buy" vehicle. Don't even have to d/l albums and worry about possible viruses. Just line up tracks in your queue and let it do the work. Listening to Success Is Certain right now... gonna try to catch up on some other of this year's releases today as well.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 7:41 pm

Half wrote:
This is seriously the ultimate "try before you buy" vehicle. Don't even have to d/l albums and worry about possible viruses. Just line up tracks in your queue and let it do the work. Listening to Success Is Certain right now... gonna try to catch up on some other of this year's releases today as well.

Yep, this is why I used it. Rhapsody is similar but they have a much more limited selection IMO. But I used to pay 5 bucks a month for Rhapsody (plus 5 mp3s per month) so I could see myself doing the same if spotify's pricing is similar.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 7:42 pm

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Half wrote:

Yep, this is why I used it. Rhapsody is similar but they have a much more limited selection IMO. But I used to pay 5 bucks a month for Rhapsody (plus 5 mp3s per month) so I could see myself doing the same if spotify's pricing is similar.

According to an ad I heard it's 4.99, so yeah doesn't seem too bad.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

And oh yeah, the sound is high quality.

STOP SLEEPING LAMES
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

Using it now, and it's much better than i expected. Dope shit
Back to top Go down
Caesar
Jump!
Jump!

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

Been using this for a couple weeks now, really impressive. Free stuff is always nice ^>^
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

I'm signing up right now...

Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

Hey halfy, don't know if you been on it to get a feel for this, but when on Tuesday do they usually get new music? They don't have the Game or Apathy yet Sad
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeTue 23 Aug 2011, 9:36 am

Southern Rap Pro wrote:
Hey halfy, don't know if you been on it to get a feel for this, but when on Tuesday do they usually get new music? They don't have the Game or Apathy yet Sad

Yeah they do. Search by album title.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 4:21 pm

Shit is dope, been using it since yesterday.

John Regan- Sorry I'm Late>>>>>>>>>>>

Dope fuckin' album.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

I just signed up for this. I'm pretty pumped. There's so much music at my fingertips!
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 02 Sep 2011, 12:18 am

Yeah this site is great...

And like others on this site...I'm a supporter of music...

So... I'll know exactly what I will want to buy... without having to download it first...

Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeThu 15 Sep 2011, 10:26 pm

I caved and signed up today. A friend on facebook sent me an invite like a month ago and I didn't even realize it. I gave it a once-over. Probably get seriously into it this weekend and catch up on some recent (2011) albums I haven't heard yet.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeTue 27 Sep 2011, 11:30 pm

Hey Tran, Caesar, gametheory, MURDERGHOST, and Myestro...

what are your spotify names?

We might try to make a collaborative hh4l list of essentials or something... some interesting possibilities
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:42 am

I'm still gametheory91
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 1:18 am

same as my lastfm. spacemuzik206
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

caved in
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
caved in

Haha are you slangeditorial?
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

i have no idea i just signed in with my facebook email cuz thats what it said to do?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:11 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
i have no idea i just signed in with my facebook email cuz thats what it said to do?

Oh, I did it differently because I'm not on fb anymore. I'm halfsharkalligatorhalfman. The thing is spotify doesn't let you know someone has added you.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

hmmm, I wonder if people who sign in with facebook are the ones I can't add

I've had the problem with that juice and wanduras.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

ColdBoy456 wrote:
hmmm, I wonder if people who sign in with facebook are the ones I can't add

I've had the problem with that juice and wanduras.

It looks like wand subscribed to your list though
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

yeah, but I tried to add him to my people list and he got added for second and went away
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

how do i search for you
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:17 pm

I just did it, no problems yet.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:19 pm

Slang Editorial wrote:
how do i search for you

put

spotify:user:username in the search bar (replace username with the user name you are looking for)
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:33 pm

Yeah, doesn't work. I try to add he gets added and then fades away... must be something wrong with my account I guess.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

Figured it out. Kept trying to add a person named Wanduras, not the 12828738738738738 person. That one added just fine.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

Signed up for Spotify via Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

cool, you can add us using the search box:

spotify:user:username

Give us your user name too so we can add you and peep any playlists you make
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 3:56 pm

TerryMyers1124 is my name. Add me fools!
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

I added Half, Tran, SRP, gametheory and the numbers that I assume are Wanduras. Tried adding you Terry, but it won't seem to let me add you. I'll try again later.

My username is myestro...big surprise there, huh? I haven't made any playlists yet though.

Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

How do I add people and whatnot? Oh well, 121623582
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

search for spotify:user:username

then add
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 10:40 pm

I just joined Pedro. I am firmly a believer. I am checking out the Reks right now. I listened to Jesus Price Superstar already. I wanted to check out more Sean Price because of the Random Axe CD.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeThu 08 Dec 2011, 10:56 pm

I just recently joined also, liking it a lot.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it, it's a really dope service and any music fan should take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm

Is there any way of making them not be able to detect I am from Australia, as unfortunately many sites like this do not allow me in !

By the way, if the album "Where Are They Now" by Binge Thinkers is on there, I encourage all of you on the forum to give it a listen for at least the first 11 tracks, you will not regret it !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitimeFri 09 Dec 2011, 11:04 pm

Battletoad, awesome.

I take it you tried hiding your IP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)   Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotify (Everyone Should Sign Up!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next