Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Empty
PostSubject: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 12:05 pm

Happy Saturday!!!!!

Group Home "Living Proof"

Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 2:30 pm

The moral of this story, what the fuck's goin on? Haha, I've always loved that line.

I like Group Home, even though they aren't the greatest on the mic device...I get entertainment out of their music though.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 5:33 pm

I like Supa Star better than this song, but this is dope nonetheless.

Group Home is probably the best proof of how great Premo is. He took a couple of below average MC's and dropped a damn near classic album with them. He makes wack MC's sound good, good MC's sound great, and great MC's sound like GOAT candidates.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 6:32 pm

Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

Both are in my top 10 but Ye is the better producer. I know how highly respected Premo is so its hard to look at it objectively but anyone without bias toward him should see Ye is the better overall producer.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 6:39 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

Both are in my top 10 but Ye is the better producer. I know how highly respected Premo is so its hard to look at it objectively but anyone without bias toward him should see Ye is the better overall producer.

It is hard to look at it objectively. It's impossible.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:06 pm

Fuck a Kanye West...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

Premo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kayne

Actually, there aren't enough arrows to show how much better Premier is.

Kev, drugs are bad M'kay!!

If Kanye produced Livin Proof that shit would have been an absolute dud.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:36 pm

And if Premo would have produced Blueprint it would have been a dude. Because all the beats would sound the same.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:38 pm

Ye beats make HIM (Ye) sound better. Almost anybody on a Ye beat sounds better. Not trying to overrate him but I think people do not like him as a person and it carries over to respecting his talent.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:51 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
And if Premo would have produced Blueprint it would have been a dude. Because all the beats would sound the same.

It would have been a DUDE! LMAO!!

If you meant to say dud then you're wrong! If Premo can dope albums with guys like Guru, Jeru, and Group Home what makes you think he couldn't do so with Jay Z? If Premo produced Blueprint not only would it have been a classic but if you would have replaced Kanye with him for the remainder of his career then Jay likely wouldn't have dropped any duds. I'm not saying the duds are Kanye's fault, but Premo's beats would have masked any below average rhymes that Jigga would have dropped whereas Kanye's beats can't.

Last edited by KJ Styles on Sat 20 Aug 2011, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Ye beats make HIM (Ye) sound better. Almost anybody on a Ye beat sounds better. Not trying to overrate him but I think people do not like him as a person and it carries over to respecting his talent.

You ARE overrating him. He is a very good producer, perhaps excellent but he's not anywhere close to what Premo is. Ye is an average MC even with the dope beats. He does drop some clever punchlines at times but he's nothing special lyrically. I can't think of anybody who Ye has worked with who's career has improved with Ye or gotten worse without him. Whereas with Premo, it's easy to say that Guru, Jeru, and Group Home weren't as good without him. You can go as far as to say that Common's career has gotten WORSE with Ye.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 7:57 pm

Yeah I meant dud.

And I disagree completely. But I know how blind loyalty can be so I overstand your comments. So do you think Premo can take production where Ye takes it? I mean Premo makes harder beats than Ye but I think Ye has way more range than Premo.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 8:02 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

If you looked at it without bias, you would see that Preemo is better. See how that works?lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 8:05 pm

Shaun wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

If you looked at it without bias, you would see that Preemo is better. See how that works?lol

+1 for illustrating my point.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 8:06 pm

Shaun wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

EXACTLY!!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 8:08 pm

Half wrote:
Shaun wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

No point was made. You guys just do not like Ye like that. I have mad luv for Premo beats. So I am putting bias aside. I mentioned both are in my top 10. But are both in you guys top 10? I highly doubt it.

See how that works?
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011, 8:12 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
Half wrote:
Shaun wrote:
TicNitty706 wrote:
Kanye>>>>>>>>>Premo

No point was made. You guys just do not like Ye like that. I have mad luv for Premo beats. So I am putting bias aside. I mentioned both are in my top 10. But are both in you guys top 10? I highly doubt it.

See how that works?

I have absolutely no problem with someone saying Ye is better than Preemo or that Premier isn't top 10, top 100 even. All I'm saying is with your post you implied that Ye "should" be seen as better and that anyone who disagrees is too blinded by bias. I'm saying no producer "should" be better than another. There is no "correct" opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27   Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nuthin' Like The Ole School Day 27
Page 1 of 1