Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headnodic - Red Line Radio

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

Headnodic - Red Line Radio Empty
PostSubject: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 4:24 pm

Headnodic - Red Line Radio 20985_b

Dope Dope Dope. Thanks to SRP for the recommendation. Good Music

Headnodic has become one of my favorite producers in the last 5 years, and his new album is a complete winner IMO. I've been spinning it for almost 2 weeks straight myself...

The beats are on point throughout. Most tracks have (excellent) features on them, but there are some great instrumentals in the mix as well. The tracks with Mission (Raashan Ahmad & Moe Pope) is a sweet reunion track and one of the best....followed by a fucking Latyrx "reunion" track....that may be my favorite. The PUTS feature is dope as hell too. There really isn't a cut I skip on it.

This is my new #1 album of 2011

1. You Can Call It That (The Introduction)
2. Red Line Radio (feat. Mission)
3. Movin' On Up (feat. Latyrx)
4. Surgeon General (feat. People Under The Stairs)
5. The Mondays (feat. Kat ((010)))
6. Haven't You Heard? (feat. Sadat X / Scienz of Life)
7. These Days Ahead
8. The A.M. (feat. Othello / Aima the Dreamer / DJ Vajra)
9. Turn Your Radio Up (feat. Mr. Lif / Gift of Gab / The Grouch)
10. Russion River
11. Cough Drop (feat. Raashan Ahmad)
12. The Mush (feat. Moe Pope / Benzito the Village President)
13. Truth (feat. Destani Wolf / The Jazz Mafia Horns)
14. Durty Diamonds (feat. Moe Pope / Jern Eye / One Be Lo)
15. Carpe Noctum
16. Viles (feat. Myka 9 (Micah 9) / PEACE)
17. Mr. Incomplete (feat. The Jazz Mafia Horns)
18. Pepper's Lullabye
19. Thanks

Last edited by Alan on Sun 28 Aug 2011, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

I'll be back with a review later tonight
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 6:23 pm

A One Be Lo sighting? I'm on it...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 9:27 pm

Where's the poll?

Anyway, I enjoyed this album. I'd give it around 3.75-4 stars. This started off kinda slow, with beats that were just too laid back for my taste. Even though some of the samples were dope and the production had a crisp, clean sound to it, it felt like the beats were attempting to sound energetic and flashy but something was missing. Then once the instrumental "Russian River" popped up I started to get with Headnodic's style and the rest of the album afterward sounded dope to me. The guests do their thing pretty well. The tracks that stood out to me were Viles, Durty Diamonds, Russian River, and Pepper's Lullabye, which strongly reminded me of BSBD. I wouldn't be surprised if those dudes ghost-produced that track. Good album, but I think it takes a while to really get going and I don't think all of the ideas/concepts really stuck. Definitely worth giving a listen to though.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeSun 28 Aug 2011, 9:30 pm

Also, the version I heard featured a Red Line Radio remix which I preferred to the original.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 6:04 pm

Shaun wrote:
A One Be Lo sighting? I'm on it...

One Be Lo's verse may be the tightest guest spot on the whole damn thing....maybe not though. I'm loving the Latyrx reunion...
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 6:11 pm

Half wrote:
Where's the poll?

Anyway, I enjoyed this album. I'd give it around 3.75-4 stars. This started off kinda slow, with beats that were just too laid back for my taste. Even though some of the samples were dope and the production had a crisp, clean sound to it, it felt like the beats were attempting to sound energetic and flashy but something was missing. Then once the instrumental "Russian River" popped up I started to get with Headnodic's style and the rest of the album afterward sounded dope to me. The guests do their thing pretty well. The tracks that stood out to me were Viles, Durty Diamonds, Russian River, and Pepper's Lullabye, which strongly reminded me of BSBD. I wouldn't be surprised if those dudes ghost-produced that track. Good album, but I think it takes a while to really get going and I don't think all of the ideas/concepts really stuck. Definitely worth giving a listen to though.

Glad to hear you dig it. I tend to like his slower stuff, and the first 3 songs are probably my favorite. But Durty Diamonds, Cough Drop, The A.M. are also favorites. I love the whole thing like I said though. The slower production is a pro to me...that is Headnodic's typical pace as far as I've heard - much more on the smooth, jazzy, slow funk side of things - but he will change it up from time to time and show lots of diversity (some on other albums more than this). All in all, I guess not everyone will like it nearly as much as me, but I've spun it a solid 30 times....which puts it at the front of my list for this year....not saying much though since I've been disappointed in so many albums I heard this year, but this one is on it's way to personal classic status.

Once again, thanks SRP for the rec. Did you even rec it to the forum? Or anyone else? Or did you just know I was a Headnodic/Crown City Rockers/Mission stan?
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

Half wrote:
Also, the version I heard featured a Red Line Radio remix which I preferred to the original.

Where did you hear this?

Oh, and I figured a poll would just be a waste of time, since you, me, and maybe 2 other people will give it a chance. lol
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

Alan wrote:
Half wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Oh, and I figured a poll would just be a waste of time, since you, me, and maybe 2 other people will give it a chance. lol

Spotify.

And as for the poll... who knows maybe more people will check this out. If not, well... fuck the haters man lol. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, I just like to see those things up there.
Back to top Go down
Alan
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

Half wrote:
Alan wrote:
Half wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Spotify.

And as for the poll... who knows maybe more people will check this out. If not, well... fuck the haters man lol. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, I just like to see those things up there.

Hmmm, sometimes I think people look at the numbers and move on without reading about the album itself. This forces those people to actually read about it if they're interested.

Did Lyrics Born put you to sleep? That bassy somewhat lackadaisical flow draws me in. Nobody really sounds like Lyrics Born. This coming from a Latyrx stan - my favorite album of 1997.

I'll have to check out the remix...
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 7:00 pm

I'll peep this one soon, big fan of Crown City Rockers.

Al, peep my Richie Cunning thread in the New Hip Hop section, I know you'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 7:01 pm

Alan wrote:
Half wrote:
Alan wrote:
Half wrote:

Where did you hear this?

Spotify.

Hmmm, sometimes I think people look at the numbers and move on without reading about the album itself. This forces those people to actually read about it if they're interested.

Did Lyrics Born put you to sleep? That bassy somewhat lackadaisical flow draws me in. Nobody really sounds like Lyrics Born. This coming from a Latyrx stan - my favorite album of 1997.

I'll have to check out the remix...

I'm a big fan of Latyrx's The Album as well.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

I rec'd it to you Pounds cuz I knew Headnodic was one of your favorite producers. Good to see you dug it and are spreading the word to people. Nowadays I usually just do personal recs for people rather than posting since heads don't seem to inclined to peep shit. Plus if someone else loves and they rec it, then it accomplishes the same purpose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headnodic - Red Line Radio   Headnodic - Red Line Radio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headnodic - Red Line Radio
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: