Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life

Go down 
2 posters

Rate it mane
5 stars
Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Vote_lcap0%Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.75 stars
Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Vote_lcap0%Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4 stars
Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Vote_lcap100%Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
3.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Below 3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Empty
PostSubject: Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life   Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Icon_minitimeMon 29 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

Onry Ozzborn - Hold On For Dear Life Mid-Onry%20Ozzborn%20Hold%20On%20For%20Dear%20Life%202011

This is another random selection. I don't know shit about Oldominion or Dark Time Sunshine or any other collectives/projects this guy has been in (at least to my knowledge haha), but I remember this getting some attention way back at the beginning of the year, so I said why not give it a listen. This was a nice surprise to me. The first thing that stood out to me about this album was the beats. They have a lot of variety and some experimental styles pop up at times but it all sounds really smooth. None of the beats sound forced or over the top. I guess If I were to describe Onry as an MC, his voice reminds me of Aesop Rock or El-P, but he doesn't rap like them, he has a far more straightforward style. He sounds really good over most of these beats. The album seems to be about starting/raising a family, but that isn't the only topic discussed on here. There are discussions about the state of hip hop, role models, and problems that Onry has faced in his life. Sometimes the tracks sound a bit awkward to me, usually due to a strange chorus. Also, the album sounds a bit tired during the second half, although it does end well. I enjoyed this album and I think it could appeal to a lot of posters on here. I read somewhere that this guy is a vet in the Seattle hip hop scene so I'm sure Tran is all over this dude already. Check it out. 4 stars.

Some tracks: