Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dela - Translation Lost

Go down 
5 posters

Rate it
5 stars
Dela - Translation Lost  Vote_lcap0%Dela - Translation Lost  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4 stars
Dela - Translation Lost  Vote_lcap100%Dela - Translation Lost  Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
3.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Below 3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Dela - Translation Lost  Empty
PostSubject: Dela - Translation Lost    Dela - Translation Lost  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 1:32 pm

Dela - Translation Lost  TL_COVER1

This is the first Dela release I've heard, and I think it is pretty good. Really smooth beats. The cover represents the sound of the album somewhat, as the beats are a mix of old soul/r&b samples and some modern electronic sounds. A few tracks feature rappers - Dela seems to like Blu a lot (he makes up about half of the guest features), but other guests like Reach and Kemizt do a nice job as well. The instrumentals have a chill vibe but they aren't dull. Also, there seems to be a theme of maintaining a romantic relationship. The intro and outro, as well as parts of some of the tracks, feature what sound like answering machine messages from some chick that sounds like she is having some problems with the person she's calling, but it also sounds like she loves the person. The album is much more than just some beat compilation with a couple of features, it sounds like a concept album almost. It's pretty short and if you are looking for a lot of variety in the beats, you may feel a bit disappointed. Each beat sounds different but there isn't a ton of experimentation or a lot of different styles. I dig it though. 4 stars.

Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Dela - Translation Lost    Dela - Translation Lost  Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

I thought this cover looked familiar. I have one track off this somebody filed me up on, WhatUWanna...pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Dela - Translation Lost    Dela - Translation Lost  Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm