Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Berner - The White Album

Go down 
2 posters

Rate it
5 stars
Berner - The White Album Vote_lcap0%Berner - The White Album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
4 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.75 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.5 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3.25 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
3 stars
Berner - The White Album Vote_lcap100%Berner - The White Album Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Below 3 stars
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Berner - The White Album Empty
PostSubject: Berner - The White Album   Berner - The White Album Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

Berner - The White Album Berner-White-Album-cover

If you can't tell, the "White" in the title is cocaine. I've never had a problem with coke rap, guys like Raekwon and the members of Clipse are all over that but they keep their music pretty interesting. What's weird about this album is that although Berner has probably been closer to the coke dealer life than Rae or Pusha T, I can't believe him at all. It's almost like every other line on here is about selling white and dying over drugs, to the point where you're tired of hearing about his kilo capers halfway through the album. I don't know anything about Berner, but I have to think he's affiliated with Mob Figaz in some way, the production sounds really similar to stuff from albums like The Jack Artist and Relentless. It's not bad, but not a lot of tracks really have interesting or fresh beats. Furthermore, I've heard a lot of samples on this album used before and better. The album starts out with a focus on the darker side of being a coke dealer, and it ends up switching into pop/club tracks, and then the final third of the album mixes the two sides together. There are some introspective "damn this life is hard" tracks, but they are oddly placed. For example, the somber track "Anymore" comes right before the cocky "Hard Headed", sending the listener completely opposite messages. Then the album goes into three tracks in a row about Berner fucking chicks. There's nothing wrong with dedicating tracks to the ladies but three in a row is overkill, switch it up a bit man. And then the final track sounds completely forced, a token "damn it's been a struggle but I'm gonna keep moving on" track.

I enjoyed this album from time to time but never consistently. I can't say there are any tracks on here I'd call bad, but a bunch did not interest me at all. The album certainly isn't doing anything new, and some tracks seem to be on the album just to fit into the common drug dealing rap formula. This could appeal to a lot of posters on here though. It really depends on what you are looking to get from an album. For me this is 3 stars.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Berner - The White Album   Berner - The White Album Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

Updated with review.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Berner - The White Album   Berner - The White Album Icon_minitimeSun 04 Sep 2011, 8:25 pm

1. WHITE (Produced by Cozmo)
2. CAR FULL OF KILLERS (Produced by Cozmo)
3. RUBBER BAND STACKS Featuring Cozmo, Yukmouth and Young Noble of The Outlawz (Produced by Cozmo)
4. NO MIDDLE MAN Featuring J Stalin (Produced by Cozmo)
5. SO COLD Featuring Cozmo and Killer Mike (Produced by Q Made The Beat)
6. FLYEST SHIT I EVER SMOKED Featuring Smoke Dza and Corry Mo (Produced by Corry Mo)
7. FOR A LIVIN Featuring Big K.R.I.T. and Killa Kyleon (Produced by Big K.R.I.T.)
8. YOKO Featuring Wiz Khalifa and BIG K.R.I.T. (Produced by BIG K.R.I.T.)
9. I CAN MAKE YOU RICH Featuring Freeze (Produced by CYFYRE)
10. FED HOT PHONE LINE (Produced by Biggz)
11. LIFE THAT WE LOVE Featuring J Dawg (BHO) and Rydah J Klyde (Produced by Cozmo)
12. SO MUCH Featuring Philthy Rich, Stevie Joe and Ampichino (Produced by Pakslap)
13. ANYMORE (Produced by Goblin)
14. HARD HEADED (Produced by Maki)
15. LIKING HOW SHE FUCK (Produced by Cozmo)
16. HOW IT GOES Featuring Freeze (Produced by Cozmo)
17. YEAH DADDY Featuring Mike Marshall and Equipto (Produced by Dregs One)
18. CARRY ON Featuring Cozmo and San Quinn (Produced by Maxwell Smart)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Berner - The White Album   Berner - The White Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Berner - The White Album
Page 1 of 1