Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1

Go down 
+2
D.Powell
Laced With Slang
6 posters

1 vs. 4
36 Chambers
Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Vote_lcap41%Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 7 ]
OBFCL
Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Vote_lcap59%Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Vote_rcap
 59% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Empty
PostSubject: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 12:21 pm

(1) Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

vs.

(4) Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 12:34 pm

before voting 36 Chambers just because its 36 Chambers take the time to really think about this matchup

Production includes more than just beats, and thats the reason why i think OBFCL is the better produced album. Every skit, every Scarface/Killer movie clip, every aspect of every song fits perfectly within the context of the album and the content of the song. IMO the beats are also more advanced and slightly better than 36 Chambers. Theres no doubt 36 Chambers was more revolutionary at the time but OBFCL was a movie within an album. From the clip at the beginning of Rainy Dayz where the guy from the Killer says "you sung beautifully just now" right after BLue Raspberry sings leading into a song about 2 gangsters contemplating their lives as drug dealers to the clip at the beginning of "Criminology" that leads perfectly into the up-tempo track about killing the crime boss.

OBFCL wins this, production is more than just beats, its atmosphere too and no production on any album perfectly captured the atmosphere of the context of the album as good as Rza did on OBFCL

fuck the haters
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 1:11 pm

Chambers all the way....

Only Built was a beautifully produced album, that shit had some of RZA's best beats ever, but Chambers was just too brilliant for it's own good man, that extremely raw, stuck on the subway, down in my basement sound....just NYC gritty production at it's best

C.R.E.A.M.
Da Mystery Of Chessboxin'
Protect Your Neck
Method Man
Shame On A N*i*g*g*a
Bring Da Ruckus
Can It Be All So Simple
Tearz

I mean on this album RZA wanted to make a statement and he damn sure did here...
Chambers wins!
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 1:53 pm

Slang...why do you keep doing this to me? lol

I gotta think about this before I can choose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 1:57 pm

Justin Linker wrote:
Slang...why do you keep doing this to me? lol

I gotta think about this before I can choose.

its even harder when the albums going against each other are by the same producer Rza vs. Rza, Dre vs. Dre etc....all 4 left in the west are by Dre lol
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 2:21 pm

Slang, get OB4CL sack out of your ears.

I vote for Rae, barely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 2:23 pm

OB4CL was dope, but 36 Chambers was RZA's masterpiece IMO.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 2:31 pm

I disagree, Kool John. You see, production includes more than just beats, and thats the reason why i think OBFCL is the better produced album. Every skit, every Scarface/Killer movie clip, every aspect of every song fits perfectly within the context of the album and the content of the song. IMO the beats are also more advanced and slightly better than 36 Chambers. Theres no doubt 36 Chambers was more revolutionary at the time but OBFCL was a movie within an album. From the clip at the beginning of Rainy Dayz where the guy from the Killer says "you sung beautifully just now" right after BLue Raspberry sings leading into a song about 2 gangsters contemplating their lives as drug dealers to the clip at the beginning of "Criminology" that leads perfectly into the up-tempo track about killing the crime boss.

OBFCL wins this, production is more than just beats, its atmosphere too and no production on any album perfectly captured the atmosphere of the context of the album as good as Rza did on OBFCL

Just kidding, Slang
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 2:52 pm

Shit...

Alright...36 Chambers is my 3rd favorite hip-hop album. The production was gritty NY shit that I love. But OB4CL was way more complex productionwise, therefore, I gotta give it to Rae. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Xcel
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Xcel

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 3:06 pm

OB4CL but not by that much...
Back to top Go down
Dwight
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Dwight

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 4:09 pm

These albums are pretty much even production wise so I guess I'm giving the edge to Cuban Linx because it had more songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jul 2009, 4:43 pm

Shon wrote:
I disagree, Kool John. You see, production includes more than just beats, and thats the reason why i think OBFCL is the better produced album. Every skit, every Scarface/Killer movie clip, every aspect of every song fits perfectly within the context of the album and the content of the song. IMO the beats are also more advanced and slightly better than 36 Chambers. Theres no doubt 36 Chambers was more revolutionary at the time but OBFCL was a movie within an album. From the clip at the beginning of Rainy Dayz where the guy from the Killer says "you sung beautifully just now" right after BLue Raspberry sings leading into a song about 2 gangsters contemplating their lives as drug dealers to the clip at the beginning of "Criminology" that leads perfectly into the up-tempo track about killing the crime boss.

Perfect!! I cosign 1,000%. The atmosphere and flow of Cuban Linx is a masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1   Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Produced 3rd Round: East Matchup 1
Page 1 of 1