Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks

Go down 
+6
KJ Styles
J. Harris
ctrx
SyRuP Sippa
Half
Tic706
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Empty
PostSubject: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 8:59 am

Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Lone+sharks

The production on this album is the stand out but lyrically its right on the heels of the beats. Add in some dope hooks, creative song concepts, and very good time management and u have one of the best albums of this year (2011). They have a throwback to sound to the mid 90's east coast but it does not sound dated.

Lyrics= B+
Production= A
Entertainment= B
Subjects= B-
Originality= B-

Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 9:28 am

Sounds good. It's on Spotify so I will check it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

Time management?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

Time management is an essential element to any good rap album. Don't want to use all your time outs
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:29 pm

A Guest wrote:
Time management?

I meant they accomplished a lot imo in a short amount of time. Most of the trks are more on the short end with only 2 verses. I wish some of them were longer but even then the album still shined.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

Alright, lol, I just really didn't understand what you meant but I guess if I heard the cd I'd probably understand it better. I get it now.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

This is in my top 5 this year. Absolutely loved it on first listen and ordered the physical. It's the best album Cella Dwellas never made.
Back to top Go down
J. Harris
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 22 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

I wholeheartedly agree TicNitty. This album came as a shocker when I heard. But MCs do an incredible job matching the lyrics with the production. Overall a very solid banger. I didn't know who these cats were until I saw the album on HiphopDX. Definitely need more of this in hip hop.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeFri 23 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

I'm failing to see the appeal here, but I'll spin this one more time to see if it gets better.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

alright, so a second spin with a closer listen had this sounding better. The production is definitely the strongpoint and they have a instros CD I bumped that was pretty good. Lyrically, I see more of the appeal, though it isn't consistent to me. Some songs I love the execution, others I think they lose focus, but overall not bad. Will probably queue this up in a few weeks for a third go round.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

Hot damn this album is dope as fuck!!! These guys are a throwback of the boom-bap/grimy 90's NY style hip-hop. This easily makes my Top 5 list for the year and these dudes are dope as fuck on the mic.

Thanks for this review Kev, I heard a lot about these cats on various rap sites and they are definitely the truth. I highly recommend this album to guys like Highsmith, Powell, and Wayne. I could see even guys like Myestro, Shaun, and Terry possibly liking it.

Rap $ Unemployment >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

I like it. I'm just not enamored with it like everyone else. CTRX, where did you order the physical from?
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 3:24 pm

T. Myers wrote:
I like it. I'm just not enamored with it like everyone else. CTRX, where did you order the physical from?

After one spin I think it's at least 4 stars. Lyrically these dudes are tighter than chinese pussy.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

T. Myers wrote:

If I remember right on Amazon or somewhere I saw u can order it from their website. Doppelgangaz.com or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeWed 28 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

Surprised Half hasn't made a Dopplegang/com joke, yet

I'll be checking this out soon
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 12:26 am

lol at Time Management

and

lol at "tighter than Chinese pussy"
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 8:06 am

Slang Editorial wrote:
lol at Time Management

and

You are turning into Shaun.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
lol at Time Management

and

You are turning into KRob.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:32 pm

Shaun wrote:
T. Myers wrote:
Slang Editorial wrote:
lol at Time Management

and

You are turning into KRob.

And i'm turning the door knob to your house....right now.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

Good thing I'm in the garage.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:22 am

I just spun this for the first time yesterday...I'm definitely feelin it but this is not something that would make heavy rotation for me. I would describe these cats as a more boom bap sounding Cunninlynguists. It's definitely dope stuff and the production is incredible but the mood of the album kinda turns me off to it. I would say it's still a 4 star album, tho, and I will def be checking for more of their shit.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 1:52 pm

hahahahaha @Krob
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

I've been spinning this a lot over the last few weeks, really getting into it. At first I wasn't really impressed but I got with the chill vibe pretty quickly. Another one of those "rainy day rap" albums and I dig it. I'd say 4 stars is how I would rate it for now. Standouts for me are "Happy Face" (cool intro IMO), "Nexium", "Doppel Gospel", "Dumpster Diving" and "At Night".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks   Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doppelgangaz- Lone Sharks
Page 1 of 1