Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ipods

Go down 
+11
Shaun
Tic706
Justin Linker
Cory
Laced With Slang
Dang! Trotter
MURDERGHOST
SyRuP Sippa
Half
parker lewis
Wayne
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 3:23 pm

I'm considering getting an Ipod for the first time ever. For those who own one, can you give the advantages (and disadvantages if there are any) of purchasing one?
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 4:25 pm

Wait until your phone is due for an upgrade and get an iPhone. A more diverse piece of hardware for less money. It's everything an ipod is, plus. I'm sure there're more ways to say it, but you get the point..

Basically, this is the reason ipod sales have fallen off to the point where apple is seriously considering discontinuance. Of course, if an iPhone is out of the question I say yes... ipods are great and way better than anything Windows-based. Don't waste your money on touch screen. You'll be compromising loads of memory for technology (touch) that really isn't worth the cost.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 4:28 pm

You should be aware that any media you want to put on your ipod needs to be stored in your itunes library. That might be obvious, but I don't really know you well enough to assume.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 5:11 pm

iPhones and iTouches have limited space. I recently got a 160gb iPod b/c the one I had for about 5 years finally broke. Parker does have a point about iPods going the way of the dodo... so why not cop one while they are still at a decent price. I personally don't need the extra shit that comes with an iTouch or iPhone... I have a computer, so I'm not paying tons of money for a data plan on my phone. I'll stick to the basics until I'm forced to use a smart phone by society.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 06 Oct 2011, 5:14 pm

I've never had an ipod, my girl has one and uses it but hates the fact everything runs through itunes and has had it wiped because of some stupid shit itunes does when you connect the ipod to the computer. I've never liked them one bit. I've used a ton of windows based MP3 players and liked em all more and just seemed more intuitive to me for my uses. The best software I ever used was Rockbox and it was free.
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

Yeah that whole syncing with itunes sucks...

My ipod is still going strong after almost two years of having it...

It's a classic 160gb... but I have not put any new music on it... because

I hate dealing with itunes...

The ipod I had before this one... took a shit after one year...

for some reason it would get syncing errors...
and I was unable to put all the music I wanted on it... although I had like 30gb free...

I was hesitant to get another Ipod... but I took my chance... and like I said...
It is still going strong... but maybe that's because I haven't hooked it up to itunes for
any updates....

I have a feeling if I do update the music... it is going to give me the syncing error like the last one did...

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dang! Trotter
Banned From Amazon
Banned From Amazon
Dang! Trotter

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 2:35 am

Id fuck with Zune or Sansa before an Ipod
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 7:08 pm

i never saw the problems with iTunes...just find the right conversion software and it doesnt matter.

Ive had the same 80GB iPod for like 7 years, it still works great. Ive had to replace the battery a couple times, one mof them was because i spilled water all over it and the second time b/c i bought like a $5 battery. I wanna go up to a 160GB eventually but i have an old friends 32GB one so I have that for additional songs in the meantime. Fuck iPhones and everything else Apple has done..iPhones dont have enuf storage and i like being able to have almost everything at my fingertips.
Back to top Go down
Cory
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
Cory

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:19 pm

Every time I hook my iPod up to the computer it comes up corrupt. I end up having to restore it and re-sync it. It's a real pain in the ass to upload new songs to my iPod. I like the 160g iPod because I can have all my songs with me and I have the USB hook up in my glove box. For me the main advantage is have all my music in the truck which is the only place I have time for music. I end up buying a new one every year because that's about as long as they last before they stop syncing and fail. I would say my iPhone is great, never had a problem. The only thing Is the limited storage and I wouldn't want to keep my iPhone In the glove
Box year round.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:48 pm

I'm with Trotter. I have a trusty Sansa MP3 player. Smooth as a whirstle. Cost about $70
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

Ipod is the best thing created. If you have a big library of music its the way to go. Its not perfect software wise buts its the best thing going imo for someone who takes their music serious and has a big collection. I have a 80gb that is over 5yrs old and still works like brand new...fa real. Itunes keeps your collection in order and has many customizable options. Its like having your whole collection in your back pocket at your whelm. Hell thats what it is.

Only get the iphone and that other shit if you do not plan to store mcuh music on it. Also those things are so delicate, most ipods have better wear and tear resistance.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 12:06 am

Someone needs to work for Apple, lmao
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 12:27 am

Yeah the "Ipod is the best thing created" comment had me like Pssh!
Back to top Go down
Cold Loungin
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
Cold Loungin

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 2:36 am

Tape playa is the best thing created. If you have a big library of music its the way to go. The big ass beat box, It's not perfect for soft eyes but its the best thing going imo for someone who takes their music serious and has a big collection. I have 800 tapes that is over 25yrs old and still works like brand new...fa real. My backpack keeps my collection in order and has many customizable options, like adjustable straps and secret pockets to stuff my rarest tapes into. Its like having your whole collection in your back pocket, except it's actually on your back, in a pack. Heaven, thats what it is.
Back to top Go down
PKT
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

lmao ^

I've had this for 7-8 years now:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And still works like a dream. Ipods 992567 Forget Ipods, get this one. I think u need a time machine to buy 1 though.

And yes, I did have to post that big picture.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 11:11 am

LOL @ Lounge.

And I stand by my comments. The ipod/mp3 player was something I was looking/wishing for before I knew they exist. Ipod may not be the end all be all, i'm sure there are some other good mp3 players out there. I was only speaking from my experience with what I got. I have had access to other mp3 players since I load music on them for people as a side hustle. And all of them had nothing on the ipod. Like I said you can bullshit with the other mp3 players but you will have to get a pod one day if not only due to your collection getting bigger.

You have to be careful whose opinion you take on the ipod because its the "Jay-Z" or "dope popular rapper" of the mp3 world. Now think about that.
Back to top Go down
Justin Linker
Smells Like Roses...
Justin Linker

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

I wouldn't fucks with it if it doesn't have a screen. I don't see how folks buy that saltine turtle shaped/sized shite........Bill Yen

EDIT: LMAO @ saltine turtle.... C.R.A.C.K.E.R.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/TheFakeJustinLinker
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 4:36 pm

See that's the issue right now... most companies have dropped out of the mp3 player race now so if you want something big your only option is the 160GB ipod... but apple was close to discontinuing the ipod altogether. The trend now seems to be to towards cloud computing... storing all your music in one place online and accessing it instantly from your phone/tablet, etc. So who knows where this will go.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

All this is why I still just listen to cd's. I'll have to get with the times sooner or later but I just really don't want to.
Back to top Go down

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeFri 02 Dec 2011, 1:41 am

I have a 64 g Ipod Touch 4th gen. I like it but like somebody said, synching sucks. The movie quality is decent, and there are so many good apps available (if you're willing to take the time to find then).
Back to top Go down
Norfeest
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
Norfeest

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 3:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's my baby. Been working like new since 2006...

KRob hit the nail on the head imo.

As far as the syncing, I find that those people with massive digital libraries (like most of us music freaks in here) have more trouble with the speed of it. Know this...the bigger the order, the longer it will take (assuming it doesn't just flatout crash on you). 20 - 30 songs might take you 10 minutes tops. 200 - 300 songs is gonna take longer. I'm not saying it isn't a hassle, but it's a hassle I'm willing to put up with in order to get my shit done right and kept in an orderly fashion. I guess it all boils down to how much you give a shit about that sort of thing. I'm obsessive when it comes to that kind of shit. Some people aren't...
Back to top Go down
http://throwbackjones.blogspot.com
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitimeMon 05 Dec 2011, 10:31 pm

i have an 80GB ipod same style as Norf's since 2006, i love it. Never had any syncing problem whatsoever and my library is like 25,000 songs...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ipods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ipods   Ipods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ipods
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: The Lounge :: Cold Kickin' It-
Jump to: