Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)

Go down 
+10
SyRuP Sippa
Half
KJ Styles
MURDERGHOST
E. Taylor
D.Powell
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Myestro
Wayne
Tic706
14 posters

Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written
Ice Cream Man
Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Vote_lcap31%Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
It Was Written
Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Vote_lcap69%Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Empty
PostSubject: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) 51NCKB7TJNL._SL500_AA300_

vs.

Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Nas-it_was_written(1)
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

It Was Written in a COMPLETE BLOWOUT.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 10:33 pm

Not really.

Nas but not by much at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:00 pm

Wayne, seriously? This makes me think you own all those NL cd's just to SAY you're not just an east coast head.

Ice Cream Man, and I wouldn't really care if Nas won because it's close to me, but in this forum nobody has a chance against Nas. Nastradamus would probably beat There's One In Every Family on this fucking forum.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:36 pm

A Guest wrote:
Ice Cream Man, and I wouldn't really care if Nas won because it's close to me, but in this forum nobody has a chance against Nas. Nastradamus would probably beat There's One In Every Family on this fucking forum.

Totally agree with that sentiment, and I'm not much of a Master P fan, but I do like this album. I like the Nas just a smidge more. Since my vote won't matter, I'll just be the villain and vote for P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:38 pm

Ata boy Mookster, fight the power.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:43 pm

A Guest wrote:

Haha, neither one of these are better than Cloud 9 or Here To Save You All, in my opinion. And neither one has a chance of winning it all, in mine eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:53 pm

People are such douches for sleeping on that Chino. Fucking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2011, 11:58 pm

A Guest wrote:

True. Also, I could never understand how an album with 2 cover songs, and 54 remixes could be considered a classic, or anywhere close to classic status. And if, for some reason, I ever have referred to The Score as a classic...I'll admit, I was wrong.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:46 am

n/a don't own Ice Cream Man.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 3:07 am

A Guest wrote:

Laughing My Ass Off

yo man you are by far the most vaginal dude on this forum.....you are next level PUSSY! lol

anyway Nas wins this one EASILY....by 50 stratospheres...lol and this is P's GOAT effort in my book but as far as hip-hop artists between Nas and P it's not even close.....now as far as hip-hop businessmen/moguls go then I'm giving that category to P because his business acumen changed the game forever but as far as a quality creator of hip-hop music....Nas is killing that fool....here and throughout each's respective career....
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 8:10 am

I don't feel there is a big gap in quality between these albums. Only thing It Was Written has the big spread in is lyricism. But overall vs overall that Ice Cream Man is hanging with IWW closer than some are putting on.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 8:28 am

TicNitty706 wrote:
I don't feel there is a big gap in quality between these albums. Only thing It Was Written has the big spread in is lyricism. But overall vs overall that Ice Cream Man is hanging with IWW closer than some are putting on.

not to me.....it can't hang in terms of lyricism by 3 universes....and the production has a pretty large gap as well.....a tad smaller than the gap in lyrics but just as wide as the grand canyon IMO!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 9:25 am

I'm a pussy because I think you're closed minded? Good point, makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
E. Taylor
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
E. Taylor

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

I'm not going to sit here and say I've never liked a No Limit album because I have. That being said, I never could deal with the whole UGHHHHHHHHHHHH thing. Nas wins.
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 9:56 am

A Guest wrote:
I'm a pussy because I think you're closed minded? Good point, makes perfect sense.

ummm newsflash jeffrey just because someone might not like something that you deem as being full of dopeness does not mean that they are close minded....it just means that there is a difference of opinion towards that certain item/subject/music...etc..etc...

I think your a phat pussy because you are always the most sensitive on here towards things like that....you are numero uno when it comes to getting upset and crying when you just can't fathom that someone might not think that Haystak (for example) is one of the dopest to ever do it......and in my opinion that is PUSSY....lol....got it?? Shit Hit The Fan I'm glad we're on the same page now.... Big Grin
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 10:01 am

E. Taylor wrote:
I'm not going to sit here and say I've never liked a No Limit album because I have. That being said, I never could deal with the whole UGHHHHHHHHHHHH thing. Nas wins.

Co-signage.....No Limit has had a few albums I liked (Mia X, C-Murder, Tru, this one by P) but my respect for that brand has always been because of their hustle....P's business acumen.....the way they paved the way that hip-hop record labels do business (them and Russell Simmons with Def Jam).....

No Limit's ability to create consistently dope hip-hop music has always been limited IN MY OPINION.....they have been average to below average overall in that ability IN MY OPINION.....but that doesn't diminish their overall standing in the history of the game because of their business acumen.....they will always have a respectable standing in the game.....
Back to top Go down
MURDERGHOST
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
MURDERGHOST

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 11:03 am

Nas...
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

Wayne wrote:
It Was Written in a COMPLETE BLOWOUT.

I totally agree. Master P is one of the worst rappers of all time, and Nas is one of the best.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

Myestro wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Totally agree with that sentiment, and I'm not much of a Master P fan, but I do like this album. I like the Nas just a smidge more. Since my vote won't matter, I'll just be the villain and vote for P.

WTF kinda bullshit is that???
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

Pretty close, I'll revisit Ice Cream Man soon and get back (hopefully the poll will still be open... not that I can change the conclusion though)
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 12:41 pm

Myestro wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Haha, neither one of these are better than Cloud 9 or Here To Save You All, in my opinion. And neither one has a chance of winning it all, in mine eyes.

I never heard Cloud 9 but I doubt I'd like it as much as IWW, and I used to own that Chino album and it was about 3.5 stars at best IMO. I like IWW infinitely more.

IWW likely won't win the tourney but neither will Cloud 9 or Here To Save You All so your point is completely moot.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:26 pm

My point was...neither IWW or Ice Cream Man will win the tournament, so it makes no difference to me which one advances. Hence my vote for Ice Cream Man. But, I do agree, with all the Nas stans around here, my point was moot.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

Ice Cream Man pretty fucking easily.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

Myestro wrote:
My point was...neither IWW or Ice Cream Man will win the tournament, so it makes no difference to me which one advances. Hence my vote for Ice Cream Man. But, I do agree, with all the Nas stans around here, my point was moot.

You voted for Ice Cream Man out of spite, not because you like it better. That's a bitch move!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 5:32 pm

No more bitchy than constantly voting against shit you've never heard. None at all.

And It Was Written will probably win this tourney.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 5:35 pm

D.Powell wrote:
A Guest wrote:

ummm newsflash jeffrey just because someone might not like something that you deem as being full of dopeness does not mean that they are close minded....it just means that there is a difference of opinion towards that certain item/subject/music...etc..etc...

I think your a phat pussy because you are always the most sensitive on here towards things like that....you are numero uno when it comes to getting upset and crying when you just can't fathom that someone might not think that Haystak (for example) is one of the dopest to ever do it......and in my opinion that is PUSSY....lol....got it?? Shit Hit The Fan I'm glad we're on the same page now.... Big Grin

Powell, for everything you say that makes sense, you say 5 things that don't.

Show me where I've said Haystak is one of the best to do it. It always comes back to Haystak because you think that's some kind of secret weapon against me. He has albums I don't like. I never said he was for everybody, and I've really never fucking said he was a GOAT or even close. I'm not cry at all, buddy, it's more like Grandpa Freeman and Grandma's Boy get all touchy feely when somebody says Nas isn't the greatest thing since Jesus or that the East Coast doesn't own hip hop.
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 7:21 pm

KJ Styles wrote:
Myestro wrote:

You voted for Ice Cream Man out of spite, not because you like it better. That's a bitch move!

Out of spite? You consider yourself a wrestling fan, it's called cheap heat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 7:23 pm

Cheap heat for the win!
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

A Guest wrote:
D.Powell wrote:
A Guest wrote:

Powell, for everything you say that makes sense, you say 5 things that don't.

Show me where I've said Haystak is one of the best to do it. It always comes back to Haystak because you think that's some kind of secret weapon against me. He has albums I don't like. I never said he was for everybody, and I've really never fucking said he was a GOAT or even close. I'm not cry at all, buddy, it's more like Grandpa Freeman and Grandma's Boy get all touchy feely when somebody says Nas isn't the greatest thing since Jesus or that the East Coast doesn't own hip hop.

Nas is one of my favorites he's not my favorite......Haystak on the other hand is your favorite...stop lying mayne...lol...I never get bent out of shape if someone doesn't like him (Nas)...I honestly don't care because that says something about their taste in hip-hop music not mine....I'm all good either way.....
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2011, 8:28 pm

For me its close but overall Nas has it. I can still bump both but I Gave You Power is one of my favorite tracks.
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

Nas easily and Ice Cream Man got plenty of spins back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 2:04 pm

A Guest wrote:
Wayne, seriously? This makes me think you own all those NL cd's just to SAY you're not just an east coast head.

I did own all of those NL CDs in the past, but not today.
Back to top Go down
TheHazardous
Smells Like Roses...
TheHazardous

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

Club classic!
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 8:12 pm

A Guest wrote:
No more bitchy than constantly voting against shit you've never heard. None at all.

You have no problem doing it when people like SRP, Shaun, Mystero and the like do it. Only the East Coast peeps. Fuck outta here with that hypocritical bullshit Jeff.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeSun 09 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

I consider Shaun and Mystero east coast peeps.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 2:23 am

Never heard the Master P, no vote.
Back to top Go down
昇龍拳_الله
Keep It 100
Keep It 100
昇龍拳_الله

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 6:21 am

Even though Nas is a much better rapper than P. I still listen to Ice Cream Man and this is a semi-classic (Ghetto D being his magnum opus).
Back to top Go down
D.Powell
NYC's Finest
D.Powell

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 8:01 am

ColdBoy456 wrote:

Shaun is Canadian and Myestro is from Nashville.......sooooo! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

D.Powell wrote:
ColdBoy456 wrote:

Shaun is Canadian and Myestro is from Nashville.......sooooo! Laughing

I'm from the east coast Nashville, I guess. I do hope you weren't serious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)   Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album 1996 Round 1: Ice Cream Man vs. It Was Written (A)
Page 1 of 1