Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best of both worlds

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Best of both worlds Empty
PostSubject: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 6:39 pm

I was reading some reviews on the first & second Jay-Z & R. Kelly collabo albums, Best of Both Worlds and Unfinished Business, and it didn't surprise me that most of the reviews panned both albums, and rightfully so (I know Jay is my #2 favorite artist of all time, but work with me on this one, lol), because both albums were nothing special at all. For the sake of a discussion, I'm curious to know what you thought/think of both albums, were you anticipating this "union" when it was first announced, and did you initially think they could pull it off?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

I was not looking forward too it really. I thought it would be chessy and forced. The 1st album was not bad at all but nothing special either. It did have a few songs on it I really like. I do not remember much about the 2nd one. I skimmed it and it sounded bad so I left it alone.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 7:58 pm

TicNitty706 wrote:
I was not looking forward too it really. I thought it would be chessy and forced. The 1st album was not bad at all but nothing special either. It did have a few songs on it I really like. I do not remember much about the 2nd one. I skimmed it and it sounded bad so I left it alone.

I was slightly looking forward to the first album at the time, and it did come of as forced a little.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

I was excited for the first one. While it was disappointing, there are a few nice tracks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

I looked forward to the first one and absolutely loved it. The second one, in the immortal words of Hump Jones, is "hot platinum abortion soup".
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 12:09 am

What Jeff said pretty much....On the 2nd one, Big Chips was good for a party but that was about it. The first one I just remember Jay saying "She get it from her mama. You can't tie a sweater over that ass or hide it in pajamas".
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 12:45 am

That line makes no sense. Pajamas bring out the best in any booty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of both worlds   Best of both worlds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best of both worlds
Page 1 of 1