Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Machete Vision

Go down 
+3
gametheory91
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:09 am

Apparently this dropped last night on Bandcamp for $6. No word on physical copies yet though. Anyone(Gametheory?) heard this yet?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Im curious about this one my self. No word on physicals at qn5?
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 10:38 pm

Spun it a couple times since this morning. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed. Kno went in a totally direction from DIS and One, but it's not a necessarily a bad thing, I just prefer the style of DIS and One. MarQ Spekt's flow kinda wears thin after a while. Roadhouse, All Smiles and AquaMarine are my standouts so far.

Oh and the physicals are gonna come sometime later with 2 bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm

Are you familiar with any of Spekt's other albums? I had a feeling this was going to be on a different vibe... it kind of has to be. That's probably what has me most interested here. Spekt has a style unto his own. I've never hated it, but he's not one of my favorites, either. If Kno crafted the soundscape to tailor to the emcee, rather than just handing over self-expressive tracks i'll most likely be impressed. He doesn't seem to work that way usually.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

They are not self expressive tracks. I think Kno definitely tailored the beats for Spekt. This album has a lot more of a boom bap feel. And no I really haven't heard anything from Spekt minus a couple songs here and there.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

I'm gonna check this out soon, hopefully over this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 6:42 pm

yo you are disappointed????

this album surprised the hell out of me, great album. Kno's beats go STUPID on this. They are harder than most stuff Kno's done, and perfectly tailored to Spekt. Beats go frim straight grimy, to more mellow with dope dope vocal samples. Some of my favorite Kno beats for sure. Subject matter is straight violent in parts which i love, but he manages it to mix it with some reflection in songs which is a great combo.

I highly recommend this.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 10:18 am

This is really a tale of two albums IMO. Kno's beats are flawless IMO. He really can't seem to do no wrong right now(CATM should be epic. can't wait til December). I'd give the production 5 stars. The problem is that I'm not really crazy about Marq Spekt. The guests stand out more than he does. At the end of the day this is really a nice vehicle for Kno to expand his sound and solidify his place among the elite producers IMO.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 8:44 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
yo you are disappointed????

this album surprised the hell out of me, great album. Kno's beats go STUPID on this. They are harder than most stuff Kno's done, and perfectly tailored to Spekt. Beats go frim straight grimy, to more mellow with dope dope vocal samples. Some of my favorite Kno beats for sure. Subject matter is straight violent in parts which i love, but he manages it to mix it with some reflection in songs which is a great combo.

I highly recommend this.

I think Kno's beats are great on here. There are definitely some bangers. I just prefer the sound of DIS or One more. And like I said, MarQ Spekt kinda wears thin after a while. That's my biggest complaint. Other than that it's a real solid album.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

So were you all like "Kno, I like the beats, but overall the album is a little disappointing, so tonight I'll suck your dick, but won't swallow."

Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 10:10 pm

That is the only comment you're allowed to make about it on qn5.com.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeTue 01 Nov 2011, 10:24 pm

hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 4:29 pm

If Kno makes a bad beat then I'll admit it...til then I guess I'll just continue to suck his dick.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 8:06 pm

Half wrote:
I'm gonna check this out soon, hopefully over this weekend.

More than a month later I'm finally listening to this album. And it sounds great, shaping up to be in my top 10 right now, beats are too good.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 30 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

Physicals are now available, and it include the instros as tracks 11-20

http://machetevision.bandcamp.com/
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2012, 1:09 am

Listening on Spotify, this album is amazing me right now. Completely impressed on all fronts.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

Anybody got their copy yet? Shit is taking a long ass minute to arrive...Shaking My Head
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 8:50 am

Common Scholars wrote:
Anybody got their copy yet? Shit is taking a long ass minute to arrive...Shaking My Head

I've had my copy for a few weeks now.
Back to top Go down
gametheory91
Hi, My Name Is!
Hi, My Name Is!
gametheory91

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 2:23 pm

Yeah I got mine about 2 weeks ago...
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 2:40 pm

lol, poor Tran. Aside from them autographing the actual disc it's quite a nice package. The artwork/digipak is dope. The credits are pretty funny as well.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012, 3:01 pm

I just ordered the t-shirt package. This album should be a serious contender for AOTY for anyone who's heard.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012, 2:57 am

Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 7:02 pm

Shaking My Head these fools are giving me the runaround. Emailed them a bunch of times and all they give me is "I'm sorry to hear it hasn't arrive yet, please email me your home address and we will sent you a new one". I get no follow up or anything regard the status of my order for a week, so I emailed them again and they ask for the same damn shit....SMH!!! I want my damn CD.

Gametheory, told Kno to fire his whole damn staff.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 9:11 pm

Finally them fools sent out my CD today. Shit better arrive this time or I'll take my anger out on Mama Bubba's Eli pillow. Burn that shit up.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 9:47 pm

Common Scholars wrote:
Shaking My Head these fools are giving me the runaround. Emailed them a bunch of times and all they give me is "I'm sorry to hear it hasn't arrive yet, please email me your home address and we will sent you a new one". I get no follow up or anything regard the status of my order for a week, so I emailed them again and they ask for the same damn shit....SMH!!! I want my damn CD.

Gametheory, told Kno to fire his whole damn staff.

How is Kno gonna fire himself?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 9:57 pm

i don't know, on everyone of the emails i got back it's from "staff"
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 9:58 pm

and it seems like at least 2 different staff members wrote back to me.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

And I should have said Spek and not Kno. It was Spek's staff who emailed me back. My bads.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 10:44 pm

Great... I should probably get on these fools sooner than later...
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeThu 09 Feb 2012, 10:49 pm

Don't fuck with MarQ Spekt he'll chop your body up
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitimeFri 10 Feb 2012, 12:39 pm

I got mine today.

Return address:
APOS Shipping
2290 Adams Dr
Atlanta, GA 30318

I would bug them as many ways as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Machete Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Machete Vision   Machete Vision Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Machete Vision
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: