Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Statik Selektah- Population Control

Go down 
+2
T. Myers
Tic706
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Statik Selektah- Population Control Empty
PostSubject: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

I really like it after one spin. Nice guest line-up and the production is beastly. Statik is slowy becoming a fav producer of mine. The man knows how to make those str8 hip hop beats that still has mass appeal. I wish Bun B would let him produce an whole album for him. Bun sounds right at home over those beats but than again so does everyone else.

Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

It's decent enough. The standouts are beastly, but there is far too much filler IMO.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

Good album but not on the level of 100 Proof
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 5:05 pm

really enjoyed this...Pedro you were pretty harsh on rapreviews...great beats and good features, one of his better tapes so far
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 5:22 pm

Eh, I beg to differ on the "good features" part.... I think the album could have been cut in half and the missing tracks wouldn't be missed.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 11:11 pm

At 1st glance of the guest line-up I was not motivated to hear it. Its the main reason I did not buy it blindly. Maybe that helped lower my expectations and why now I dig it. But I only played it once so time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

I like this. A lot of the unknown rappers sound alike and have similar styles, but that's really the only complaint I have. It's crazy how consistent Statik's beats are, definitely the best producer of the past 5ish years IMO. My favorites right now are Play The Game, Down, and Half Moon Part
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Statik Selektah- Population Control   Statik Selektah- Population Control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Statik Selektah- Population Control
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: