Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yelawolf-Radioactive

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
Tic706
Highsmith
SyRuP Sippa
T. Myers
9 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Yelawolf-Radioactive Empty
PostSubject: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 11:32 am

Yelawolf-Radioactive 61ZViS89c9L._SL500_AA300_

This dropped today. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:10 pm

Haven't spun it, but it is on Spotify. Target has it for 6.99, Best Buy for 9.99 but the best buy says it has 3 bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:29 pm

I thought the Deluxe edition at Best Buy was $13.99
Back to top Go down
Highsmith
Smells Like Roses...
Highsmith

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 12:40 pm

The deluxe edition is 13.99 Terry. If you all give this good reviews, I might scoop it up with the Mary J tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

I thought this dropped on the 27th, oh well. I listened to it once and it sounded good. About on the same level as of now as his debut. I'll pick it 2morrow.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 1:57 pm

Ah, the circular is mismarked on this... it shows 3 bonus tracks next to the 9.99 version.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 2:17 pm

i just spun this, it was kinda cool, but im not gonna lie i was disappointred
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 5:07 pm

Here's the thing with Radioactive. People who only know Yela from his Trunk Muzik tracks might be caught off guard by some of this album. part of this album has the Stereo mixtape vibe in that it's a bit country/southern rock sounding at times. Radioactive is like equal parts Trunk Muzik and Stereo.
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 6:30 pm

3 bonus songs for an extra $7? Score = 0

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

For the millionth time, Creekwater is his debut, which I doubt anybody besides Terry and I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 11:37 am

After one listen, I think that overall the album isn't bad. I liked a majority of the beats and of course Yelawolf is pretty good on the mic. There were some terrible choruses and a couple of tracks that sounded really forced (at least they kinda joked about Good Girl at the end of Throw It Up). My favorite tracks right now are The Hardest Love Song In The World, Throw It Up, Radioactive Intro, Get Away, and Let's Roll. Weak tracks for me are Good Girl, Made In The U.S.A., Animal, and Slumerican Shitizen. Radio has an annoying chorus but the rest of the track isn't bad. I guess I'll go around 3.5 stars for now.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeWed 30 Nov 2011, 7:30 pm

I'm feelin this album. Bumped it 3 times to get a true feel for it and I'll say it's a 4 star effort. I agree with Half's strong and weak tracks except I like Animal and I'd throw in Hard White as a banger as well. I'd rate it higher if not for the cheesy hooks, but Yela spits fire on most of the album.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 11:06 am

Playing it for the 2nd time now toward the end of the album. Real decent effort. 3.75 is a fair rating imo.
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitimeTue 06 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

He tore the stage a new one with Trav on Conan last night, way better than his Kimmel performance a couple days ago. I'm still sleeping, but not for long, I'll get it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yelawolf-Radioactive   Yelawolf-Radioactive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yelawolf-Radioactive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: