Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results

Go down 
+6
Laced With Slang
T. Myers
Wayne
Myestro
SyRuP Sippa
Tic706
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Empty
PostSubject: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

Unpredictable
Souls On Ice
Uptown Saturday Night
Loaded
The Art Of War
Funcrusher Plus
The Untouchable
Chapter 2: World Dom.

No More Glory
Lunitik Muzik
The Pick, The Sickle
No Way Out
In My Lifetime Vol. 1
Ghetto D
Wu-Tang Forever
One Day It'll All Make Sense

Last edited by Tic706 on Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Seagram in the sweet 16... yeeeeeeee... well deserved. It will probably bow out at this point, but it made a nice run.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 8:39 pm

This has been pretty unpredictable. This year did not have many big standouts so it kept the tournment interesting. I had no clue some of these albums would make it this far.

My top 5 left

Untouchable
Unpredictable
Wu Tang Forever
In My Lifetime
Lunitik Muzik
Back to top Go down
Myestro
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Myestro

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 9:44 pm

LAD was eliminated...this tournament is worthless!

Nah, my favorite got bounced by Wu. It's still all good though. Time for my remaining favs to get bounced.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 10:08 pm

I can't believe Life After Death was eliminated, but it's all good, I guess. My top 2 are In My Lifetime Vol. and Wu-Tang Forever.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeMon 21 Nov 2011, 10:46 pm

The Untouchable
Unpredictable
WTF

and probably Ghetto D
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 12:58 am

yo Kev are you high? Loaded beat Stone Crazy by 3 votes lol?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 8:21 am

Laced With Slang wrote:
yo Kev are you high? Loaded beat Stone Crazy by 3 votes lol?

Lol, I must be. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Wanduras
Curren$y Stan
Curren$y Stan
Wanduras

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

My Top 5 left:
Ch. 2 WD
Untouchable
WTF
Unpredictable
Ghetto D

Are these groups already arranged in their bracket positions?
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeTue 22 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

Wanduras wrote:
My Top 5 left:
Ch. 2 WD
Untouchable
WTF
Unpredictable
Ghetto D

Are these groups already arranged in their bracket positions?

Yeah the numbers were matched up last night randomly of course. I just have not put the albums together yet. Can't wait to see who got put against each other.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:30 am

This tourney is a joke. Nowhere else would Life After Death lose to Scarface's 4th best album. I guess that's what happens in a majority bama and white boy forum.

Based on this forum's tastes, there's only two albums that have any chance of winning this tournament. Wu-Tang Forever and Untouchable. Neither are my favorite album remaining but it's whatever.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

Fuck you faggot
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:44 am

KJ Styles wrote:
This tourney is a joke. Nowhere else would Life After Death lose to Scarface's 4th best album. I guess that's what happens in a majority bama and white boy forum.

Based on this forum's tastes, there's only two albums that have any chance of winning this tournament. Wu-Tang Forever and Untouchable. Neither are my favorite album remaining but it's whatever.

Whoa bitch. You getting little got of pocket now. What you need to do is step outside your limited view of things some times and overstand that some of the shit you grew up believing other people in other regions did not. And you are more "bama" than anybody on this forum. A grown ass man voting on a fucking tv show for teenagers. Damn bama.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:47 am

parker lewis wrote:
Fuck you faggot

Your mama
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:51 am

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Whoa bitch. You getting little got of pocket now. What you need to do is step outside your limited view of things some times and overstand that some of the shit you grew up believing other people in other regions did not. And you are more "bama" than anybody on this forum. A grown ass man voting on a fucking tv show for teenagers. Damn bama.

Bunny please! Don't get mad at me because you're on the rag. I'm just calling it like I see it. Before I came to Amazon, I never knew of anybody who liked The Untouchable more than LAD, and don't try to come back with that East Coast argument either cuz I got peeps all around the map.

As for me liking X-Factor, well so do 16 million other people. Are they all teenagers? I doubt that. You're the one with the limited view Mr "I only listen to gangster rap".

And Astro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Most of the new bunnies rhyming today. Before you laugh at that statement, keep in mind that LA Reid (the same guy who signed Outkast and Goodie Mob) is backing him.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 12:59 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Bunny please! Don't get mad at me because you're on the rag. I'm just calling it like I see it. Before I came to Amazon, I never knew of anybody who liked The Untouchable more than LAD, and don't try to come back with that East Coast argument either cuz I got peeps all around the map.

As for me liking X-Factor, well so do 16 million other people. Are they all teenagers? I doubt that. You're the one with the limited view Mr "I only listen to gangster rap".

And Astro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Most of the new bunnies rhyming today. Before you laugh at that statement, keep in mind that LA Reid (the same guy who signed Outkast and Goodie Mob) is backing him.

I'm not on the rag...lol. What are you in 8th grade mofo. Anyway on the real you have to know that Scarface is a highly regraded artist. And just as respected and admired as Biggie. Did you know that?Also, I have yet to meet one person who dislikes any Face solo album. Biggie lost to a classic album. I understand it ranks 4th in YOUR ratings but you need to overstand it does not rank in that spot for everyone.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:41 am

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I'm not on the rag...lol. What are you in 8th grade mofo. Anyway on the real you have to know that Scarface is a highly regraded artist. And just as respected and admired as Biggie. Did you know that?Also, I have yet to meet one person who dislikes any Face solo album. Biggie lost to a classic album. I understand it ranks 4th in YOUR ratings but you need to overstand it does not rank in that spot for everyone.

I'm a Scarface fan. He ranks in my Top 10 however I just don't feel that Untouchable is in the same class as Biggie's Life After Death. I just feel that it has way more replay value. The same way you complained when All Eyez On Me was up against Muddy Waters and At The Speed Of Life. I've met plenty of people who dislike certain Face albums and even Face himself. I don't dislike The Untouchable, I just don't see it as a classic. I feel it's a 4.25-4.5 star album personally.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 11:59 am

KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

I'm a Scarface fan. He ranks in my Top 10 however I just don't feel that Untouchable is in the same class as Biggie's Life After Death. I just feel that it has way more replay value. The same way you complained when All Eyez On Me was up against Muddy Waters and At The Speed Of Life. I've met plenty of people who dislike certain Face albums and even Face himself. I don't dislike The Untouchable, I just don't see it as a classic. I feel it's a 4.25-4.5 star album personally.

Well All Eyez On Me imo did not lose to two bonified classics. But I understand that is MY opinion and feelings. Was I pissed off it lost to two albums I feel were no where as good as it? Hell yeah. But if Pac would have lost to an album I could see as classic I would just have let it go. You on the other hand are really tripping. Maybe you look at Untouchable the way I look at Muddy Waters & Speed Of Life. If so I get that.

And i'll also admit that if these polls were open to the mainstream listeners LAD would have beat Untouch with no problem. Same with AEOM would have whipped the shit out of MW's and ATSOL. But the main reason they would win is because they are more popular not necessarily better. Does that make sense? And since we are on a thread with true heads (thank God) we actually get people voting on the quality of the music more so than the popularity. Untouchable is on the level of that Biggie quality wise.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
KJ Styles wrote:

Well All Eyez On Me imo did not lose to two bonified classics. But I understand that is MY opinion and feelings. Was I pissed off it lost to two albums I feel were no where as good as it? Hell yeah. But if Pac would have lost to an album I could see as classic I would just have let it go. You on the other hand are really tripping. Maybe you look at Untouchable the way I look at Muddy Waters & Speed Of Life. If so I get that.

And i'll also admit that if these polls were open to the mainstream listeners LAD would have beat Untouch with no problem. Same with AEOM would have whipped the shit out of MW's and ATSOL. But the main reason they would win is because they are more popular not necessarily better. Does that make sense? And since we are on a thread with true heads (thank God) we actually get people voting on the quality of the music more so than the popularity. Untouchable is on the level of that Biggie quality wise.

The bolded part pretty much sums it up. Muddy Waters is a bonified classic. I love the album and I've heard far more classic talk for it than I have for Untouchable. I don't feel that All Eyez On Me is a classic album either. I think Muddy Waters is far better. I will be honest though and say that I voted for At The Speed Of Light out of spite because I feel that MW should have won.

As for "real heads" I think you're overestimating this forum but I do realize that everyone is entitled to their opinions as crazy as they may be. Muddy Waters is a Top 50 album for me personally as is Whut Thee Album. As for Scarface, I have Mr Scarface Is Back, The Fix, and The Diary all in my Top 50 (not necessarily in that order) but Untouchable doesn't make my Top 100. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

All that said, I stand by my statement that only two albums have a legit shot of winning this tournament, Wu-Tang Forever and The Untouchable. Provided that those two albums aren't on the same side of the bracket that will be the finals. Uptown Saturday Night is my favorite album remaining but I know it has no chance. At best it'll make the elite 8.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

You underestimate Unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 8:45 pm

parker lewis wrote:
You underestimate Unpredictable.

Unpredictable is a dope album but I don't think it would win against Forever or Untouchable.

Personally, I'd take it over Untouchable but I doubt the majority of the forum would.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 8:49 pm

Unpredictable could easily win against WTF, I think.
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

Shaun wrote:
Unpredictable could easily win against WTF, I think.

You really think so? I doubt that very seriously. I think WTF is the odds on favorite at this point but we'll see. Stranger things have happened in this forum (i.e. LAD losing to Untouchable, Nation Of Millions losing to ATLiens in the monster tourney we had, etc).
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

this is awesome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results   Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Album Of 1997 Round 2 Results
Page 1 of 1