Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Percee P-Perseverance

Go down 
+4
Half
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Shaun
T. Myers
8 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Percee P-Perseverance Empty
PostSubject: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:08 am

Percee P-Perseverance 51nLlAJ3k2L._SL500_AA300_

I never heard much talk about this album, and after listening to this, i don't really understand why. It's an incredible effort. Aside from a few features and his history with Finesse, i wasn't too familiar with Percee P. He posseses that old school NY flow and lyricism, and this is one of my favorite collection of Madlib beats. He really succeded in capturing that old school vibe while still being true to himself and pushing the envelope forward. The Powell's, Wayne's and KJ's of the world owe it to themselves to peep this.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:20 am

Late as a motha. This is close to classic for me.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:21 am

Shaun wrote:

Yeah, i'm hella late, but better late than pregnant, right?
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 4:33 am

You should peep the Madlib remix album version...seeing all your recent Madlib purchases.
Back to top Go down
Half
Paragraphs Relentless
Half

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

I like it, but "incredible" is not how I'd describe it. I'd go with "pretty good". Raw Heat >>>>>>>>>>>>> your life though, can't deny it.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 12:56 pm

Half wrote:
I like it, but "incredible" is not how I'd describe it. I'd go with "pretty good". Raw Heat >>>>>>>>>>>>> your life though, can't deny it.

But you also like Dalek so...........................
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 1:21 pm

and Dalek loves Percee P so..........................................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 5:57 pm

2 Brothers From The Gutter>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Alan
Smokes More Trees Than The Slash And Burn Technique
Alan

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Percee P-Perseverance 51nLlAJ3k2L._SL500_AA300_

I never heard much talk about this album, and after listening to this, i don't really understand why. It's an incredible effort. Aside from a few features and his history with Finesse, i wasn't too familiar with Percee P. He posseses that old school NY flow and lyricism, and this is one of my favorite collection of Madlib beats. He really succeded in capturing that old school vibe while still being true to himself and pushing the envelope forward. The Powell's, Wayne's and KJ's of the world owe it to themselves to peep this.

Shaun wrote:

Hmmm, personally, this album was pretty boring each and everytime I spun it. PP can obviously rhyme, but he has always sounded so one-dimensional on album as far as I'm concerned. And Madlib's beats? What is so dope about them? The whole album is pretty forgettable IMO.

I MUCH prefer the Perseverance Remixes Madlib later released. Though I wouldn't call that anything great either.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 7:23 pm

The beats are dope because they sound like they were intentionally crafted to sound like that old school sound. The don't sound like any Madlib production i have heard before(he has so much material that i haven't heard though).
Back to top Go down
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG
Go Hawks
Go Hawks
JulioRoddyMattyTonyG

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

Watch Your Step>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Shaun
I'm Ghetto Platinum
I'm Ghetto Platinum
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

Indeed
Back to top Go down
KJ Styles
The Cerebral Assassin
The Cerebral Assassin
KJ Styles

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

I ordered this album along with a ton of other Cyber Monday stuff from Amazon. I'll post my thoughts after it comes in the mail and I bump it.
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011, 9:21 pm

this album is fucking sick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Percee P-Perseverance   Percee P-Perseverance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Percee P-Perseverance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: Reviews-
Jump to: