Hip-Hop 4 Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hip-Hop 4 Life

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthem Inc.

Go down 
+5
Laced With Slang
SyRuP Sippa
Wayne
parker lewis
Tic706
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

Finally seems to have a official release date for 12-13. I'm excited about this one. Str8 blind buy.

Anthem Inc. Naughty-by-nature-anthem-inc-new

Also I was thinking how much I like most releases I have heard this year. And Dec. looks like its trying to really take 2011 over the top for a top year for rap music. I'm blind buying Roots, K-Rino, & Common also.
Back to top Go down
parker lewis
E-4000, Ya Smell Me?
parker lewis

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 11:31 am

You can stream Undun on NPR... I'm sure they are trying to up the traffic on the site. You should check it out, 40 min of dope.
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

I'll be copping this one also.
Back to top Go down
SyRuP Sippa
What's NXET?
What's NXET?
SyRuP Sippa

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

20th Anniversary Collector's Edition...lmao...
Back to top Go down
Laced With Slang
Barack O-Donna
Barack O-Donna
Laced With Slang

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 4:59 pm

ill be coppin this based on the strength of the one song ive heard
Back to top Go down
Deanie O'Banion
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Backwoods Burna, Mac & Murda
Deanie O'Banion

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 01 Dec 2011, 7:04 pm

Laced With Slang wrote:
ill be coppin this based on the strength of the one song ive heard

That's how they've stacked chips their whole career. Too bad the rest of the album is mostly always bunk.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

Just ordered this from Best Buy. Its not in stock at my local store. Bitches.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 1:52 pm

Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

Just picked my copy up, and I'm about to give it a spin.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 1:56 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Just picked my copy up, and I'm about to give it a spin.

Lucky SOB. I have to wait for mine.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 1:59 pm

It looks pretty dope from the samples and track list. it's like 13 new songs and then 5 of their hits. That's where the 20th anniversary edition comes into play. That's cool with me. Is there ever a bad time to hear Uptown Anthem, lol!
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

T. Myers wrote:
It looks pretty dope from the samples and track list. it's like 13 new songs and then 5 of their hits. That's where the 20th anniversary edition comes into play. That's cool with me. Is there ever a bad time to hear Uptown Anthem, lol!

LOL, yeah they probably hope to sell a few more copies by including those 5 trks. For the casual fans of course. Bu just give me the 13 new trks.
Back to top Go down
ctrx
I Deserve A
I Deserve A
ctrx

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 4:25 pm

the old tracks are actually new recordings which is cool to hear.

too bad all the new shit is WIGGITY WIGGITY WIGGITY WACK...seriously some terrible shit there...treach and kaygee have been producing some great stuff and we know they can flow so i'm pretty disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 6:00 pm

ctrx wrote:
the old tracks are actually new recordings which is cool to hear.

too bad all the new shit is WIGGITY WIGGITY WIGGITY WACK...seriously some terrible shit there...treach and kaygee have been producing some great stuff and we know they can flow so i'm pretty disappointed.

Suspect as usual. Even without me being a fan I heard nothing whack about those samples. I reject your deposit into this NBN convo.

Last edited by Tic706 on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wayne
One in a Million
Wayne

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeTue 13 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

Tic706 wrote:
Just ordered this from Best Buy. Its not in stock at my local store. Bitches.

More than likely I'll have to order mine also.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

Kev, ctrx is pretty accurate. I don't think everything is wack. I really like Naughty Nation and I Gotta Alotta(1 or 2 others as well, but the album suffers from weak production, awful hooks, and bad guest spots). I like the updated versions of their hits, but that's more of a bonus in addition to the mediocre album. I hope you like it more than i did since you're a big Treach fan, but i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you.

Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

T. Myers wrote:
Kev, ctrx is pretty accurate. I don't think everything is wack. I really like Naughty Nation and I Gotta Alotta(1 or 2 others as well, but the album suffers from weak production, awful hooks, and bad guest spots). I like the updated versions of their hits, but that's more of a bonus in addition to the mediocre album. I hope you like it more than i did since you're a big Treach fan, but i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you.

Whack to me is a word that gets thrown around to easily like classic. Whack means totally bonk with no redeeeming qualities. Not feeling it, could have been better, or average is probably the better description. I listened the samples I heard nothing like that. Unless the songs just turned to something different for the rest. I was impressed from the little bit I heard. I downloaded it last night so I will be playing it very soon for myself. Thanks for the info.

Is Vinnie rapping on every song? That could bring the quality down...lol.
Back to top Go down
T. Myers
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind
T. Myers

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 11:55 am

Tic706 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

Whack to me is a word that gets thrown around to easily like classic. Whack means totally bonk with no redeeeming qualities. Not feeling it, could have been better, or average is probably the better description. I listened the samples I heard nothing like that. Unless the songs just turned to something different for the rest. I was impressed from the little bit I heard. I downloaded it last night so I will be playing it very soon for myself. Thanks for the info.

There are certainly some good things about the album to me so i wouldn't say the whole album is wack, but the bad stuff on here is pretty bad IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tic706
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Cinco De Mayo Hater
Tic706

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeWed 14 Dec 2011, 1:43 pm

T. Myers wrote:
Tic706 wrote:
T. Myers wrote:

There are certainly some good things about the album to me so i wouldn't say the whole album is wack, but the bad stuff on here is pretty bad IMO.

Did you play it in headphones? Because I just bumped a few songs in the ride and it sounded good. For whatever reason my itunes only loaded 9 of the 13 trks. I'm on trk 6 or 7 right now and I like all of it so far.

Also I truly overstand that this album will not be on the level of their early material. I was just hoping it could top their last album and sound good for NBN in 2011. And that Treach would do most of the rapping and the beats would bang. So far it has hit that mark with me.
Back to top Go down
thelundquist
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
It Takes A Nation of 1000s?
thelundquist

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitimeThu 15 Dec 2011, 12:57 am

I like the "I Gotta Lotta" with the Method Man sample way better...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?sf=viewcount&sa=0
Sponsored content

Anthem Inc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anthem Inc.   Anthem Inc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anthem Inc.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hip-Hop 4 Life :: Hip Hop Discussion :: New Skool Hip Hop-
Jump to: